+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

amex

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Hello,
On what date did they ask for this?
I'm curious because they also asked me and my wife for CV and a student information form.
They asked on December 11. I believe they ask this for anyone with a Masters's or Ph.D. degree in science and kind of is the last thing to complete documents of your application (my thoughts).

Reactions: Nousernamesadface

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I spoke to a friend of mine at the Ircc Ottawa office she said most case processing agents were sent home without laptops or computers and are still waiting for their devices and one of her friends have been staying home for the past three Mk the and is yet to receive a laptop. My problem is Ircc is issuing invites but are not equipping their staff to process them ?
This sounds so incompetent. No wonder my file in Ottawa is not moving.
At the rate of 10 thousand a month, who knows how long they want to keep people waiting

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I spoke to a friend of mine at the Ircc Ottawa office she said most case processing agents were sent home without laptops or computers and are still waiting for their devices and one of her friends have been staying home for the past three Mk the and is yet to receive a laptop. My problem is Ircc is issuing invites but are not equipping their staff to process them ?
That's true

It seems the IRCC COVID-19 backlogs were mainly caused by 2 things. The first was the inability to get people into mailrooms to open applications. The second is that IRCC apparently works in shifts using shared workstations, and there wasn't enough "equipment" to take home

See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2019-aor-join-here.666708/page-453#post-9075529

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thanks a lot @legalfalcon, are the IRCC call center agent engaged in the approval process? or do they have any influence in the approval process?
No, the call centres are staffed by call centre reps and some supervisors who are IRCC officers. They have no role in the processing of an application, except relaying the info.

veronica_n

Star Member
Jun 19, 2020
That's true

It seems the IRCC COVID-19 backlogs were mainly caused by 2 things. The first was the inability to get people into mailrooms to open applications. The second is that IRCC apparently works in shifts using shared workstations, and there wasn't enough "equipment" to take home

See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2019-aor-join-here.666708/page-453#post-9075529
Just WOW...

You would think that 9 months later they already got the equipment to be able to work from home... they knew the virus wasn’t going to go away.

petiterobenoire

May 11, 2020
Called this morning. AOR June 14. Was told that all assessments (eligibility, security, medical, criminality) have passed, and I'm just waiting for the final decision. Had to call around 5 or 6 times to be transferred to the queue (35 minute wait.)

bebopt

Oct 22, 2020
I called today and apparently my file has not been touched since October 24th, since it maintains the same status as the GCMS notes generated that day.
It is a little disheartening. I know they have backlogs due to covid, but my case should be easy enough =/

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Called this morning. AOR June 14. Was told that all assessments (eligibility, security, medical, criminality) have passed, and I'm just waiting for the final decision. Had to call around 5 or 6 times to be transferred to the queue (35 minute wait.)
what’s your office?
Called 4 times and didn’t get connected today.

srin881

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Same here and heard the same status.My aor is June 18th,cec inland

yykks

Dec 10, 2020
Hi, @legalfalcon ,many thanks for all your help ,the call center rep told me that all stages were passed at the end of Nov 2020, so far no final decision made, i am EEPNP outland, how soon should i expect the final decision? would that be the reason of Covid19 Canada just want to hold applicants outland to travel in...not very sure but the long waiting made me hard to plan life, thank you.

bebopt

Oct 22, 2020
what’s your office?
Called 4 times and didn’t get connected today.
I believe it's Ottawa. I am an inland candidate and called around 11:30 Vancouver time. I left my phone number and they called me back around a half hour later.