FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
Should we send some flowers and chocolates to the Sydney office? Seems like they need some love to shower their love on people here.
(I hope you appreciate dark humor, if not, then disregard this post)

When I read about sending flowers I honestly thought you were going to say to mourn them because they seem to be dead there :D

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Hello nice people, i've been a passive reader in this group but today here I am.
I have noticed that delays decreased for pnp applicant at the opposite of the fsw, I think that's because we're at the end of the year and that ircc have engagements to reach a predetermined number of PR for each stream, as they started the year with a good pace for fsw at the expense of pnp, they have now to increase the pace for pnp cases
I've been looking at the reports for 2016 & 2017, and I haven't found any mention of a quota per stream, only a total number of permanent residence invites...

Reactions: tanzee and tobs

Matt@123

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
@ Matt@123, I don't know whether I am little new or not, checking 100 of pages on what has been discussed is challenging for anyone, perhaps my intention was to know whether is there any option other than waiting, thanks
I understand your anxiety level mate, but as I said, we just have to wait until CIC response back. Maybe you can try calling them CIC onetime to see, what they are telling about to receive that one last, most waited email to be arrived.

lavanya31

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Spoke to CIC agent just now
It’s been almost a month since my criminality and eligibility passed but they have not initiated my security yet.
Seems like more waiting game now
Ip2 oct 25
VO ottawa
Is there any update from the files which moved to ip2 on oct 25/26/27 ?
@Nishika22

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
It’s been almost a month since my criminality and eligibility passed but they have not initiated my security yet.
Ip2 oct 25
VO ottawa
@Nishika22
Hey! Planning to call them up tomorrow, cuz after the office of Ralph Goodale emailed me last week saying Security Not Started, I am dying to find out if there has been any update! Am not too hopeful though, given most of us of IP2 25-27 Oct seem to be stuck at Criminality passed...more's the pity! :(
What is super frustrating though is why the account status updates can't be any clearer than BGC in progress, which doesn't make it evident what the security status really is :rolleyes:

dalgleish

Oct 27, 2018
Ip2 oct 25
VO ottawa
@Nishika22
Hey, I got my IP2 on Oct 26th too, but I later got a ghost update on Nov 2th, then nothing updated. Probably you are right, our security check has not started yet, it could be true for me, a long wait! Sign....

Chairaj

Apr 8, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
06-14-2018
Med's Done....
06-28-2018
Passport Req..
12-13-2018
GCMS notes may take upto 40 days. If you have crossed that time, send an email to GCMS BUDDY and have them check the status.
its more than 50 days now, GCMS buddy folks said there are June and July applications pending, am not sure if I should believe that. I haven't heard of it in this forum too. Anyways they offered to apply again - am hoping will not need it :)

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
its more than 50 days now, GCMS buddy folks said there are June and July applications pending, am not sure if I should believe that. I haven't heard of it in this forum too. Anyways they offered to apply again - am hoping will not need it :)
Not sure if you already tried this route...

"If you haven't received your GCMS you should contact them to inquire about the delay at: ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca"

lavanya31

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hey! Planning to call them up tomorrow, cuz after the office of Ralph Goodale emailed me last week saying Security Not Started, I am dying to find out if there has been any update! Am not too hopeful though, given most of us of IP2 25-27 Oct seem to be stuck at Criminality passed...more's the pity! :(
What is super frustrating though is why the account status updates can't be any clearer than BGC in progress, which doesn't make it evident what the security status really is :rolleyes:
True
The agent whom I talked to is very rude. Not at all willing to give any info.
U better call them on Wednesday, as there is a system maintenance on Tuesday.
Good luck and waiting for ur update

lavanya31

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hey, I got my IP2 on Oct 26th too, but I later got a ghost update on Nov 2th, then nothing updated. Probably you are right, our security check has not started yet, it could be true for me, a long wait! Sign....
What is your VO?
As you already had a ghost update you might receive good news very soon.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
What kind of travel history do you have on your passport?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
IRCC in some cases delays the release of GCMS notes. However, as soon as the notes are not released within 35 days from the date they were filed, upon contacting, IRCC will flag them as priority, and then release them within 2-3 weeks.

This is the protocol. In an eventuality that your GCMS notes cannot be released for a reason under the Access to Information Act, IRCC will issue a letter in this regard and inform that the GCMS notes cannot be released under a specific section, this is known as purposeful non-release. This is the rarest case and I have only encountered it once in the last 3 years.

Under the Access to Information Act IRCC is obligated under the law to release the GCMS notes within 30 days. And currently 31-32 days as per the most recent notification.

At this stage you will be better placing a new request because even if your GCMS notes are released they will be from 2-3 weeks post the date when the request was filed, so will not depict the most recent update on your application processing.

Last edited:

dalgleish

Oct 27, 2018
What is your VO?
TR
What is your VO?
I hope so, I haven't checked my VO. I read a poster said one who got a ghost update called CIC, then he was informed that his security check was in progress. Since it has been like 2 weeks after the ghost update, I started to believe my security check should be in progress or even not yet.