+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

R.Tequila

Nov 15, 2018
at the same time this gift has a backlash - slowing processing times. I really doubt CIC prepared for this increase of application number. So what they are trying to achieve... if they invite twice as much people, but can not process it, then the result will be the same, plus tons of desperate people who don't understand why their applications are stuck for 6+ months.
Agreed. And I think it is not just CIC. The increase in funding to CIC probably did not correspond to those for other agencies. That, on top of inter-agency inefficiency, for example I think I read that in the 2011 audit almost half of case officers were dissatisfied with CBSA.

What I think they should look into is taking the immigration screening functions/divisions from CSIS, CBSA, and RCMP, and integrate them into one single division; instead of this mess.

Reactions: Forcer and tobs

Forcer

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Agreed. And I think it is not just CIC. The increase in funding to CIC probably did not correspond to those for other agencies. That, on top of inter-agency inefficiency, for example I think I read that in the 2011 audit almost half of case officers were dissatisfied with CBSA.

What I think they should look into is taking the immigration screening functions/divisions from CSIS, CBSA, and RCMP, and integrate them into one single division; instead of this mess.
Yeah, so to achieve maximum efficiency, all components of the processing pipeline should have the same performance, otherwise one of them becomes a bottleneck and people start achieving 1101+ pages on immigration forums..
OR
they just have a fabulous table tennis court

Reactions: R.Tequila and tobs

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Well, I really doubt that they just wait because officers are just playing table tennis instead of processing it:D
I don't know whether they are playing table tennis or not but they are not processing files that is observed in many cases when files are not touched for months. And I'm not saying they are not working, they are but probably on newer files. A little unfair on people who have been waiting to get someone to look into their file while people who have AOR 3 months later get processed within 2 months. And no amount of "every file is different blah blah" can justify this.
The example of that is approved file sitting in Sydney for 2 months whereas recently approved files getting PPR in 1/2 days. In the end anything can be rationalized or justified with N number of reasons.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
The department/team that issues ITA might just be trying to achieve their year end targets.
And the PPR department can't be bothered to meet theirs.

Reactions: Forcer

Forcer

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
I don't know whether they are playing table tennis or not but they are not processing files that is observed in many cases when files are not touched for months. And I'm not saying they are not working, they are but probably on newer files. A little unfair on people who have been waiting to get someone to look into their file while people who have AOR 3 months later get processed within 2 months. And no amount of "every file is different blah blah" can justify this.
The example of that is approved file sitting in Sydney for 2 months whereas recently approved files getting PPR in 1/2 days. In the end anything can be rationalized or justified with N number of reasons.
I am one of the approved 1+ months ago, so I can relate to it:D In general, I totally agree with you, I just don't want to believe that their process is so sheety that it allow such extent of unfairness

Reactions: cansha

Jss592

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Nice, fingers crossed then! How many days till PPR was for you?
My wife got PPR in April Mid and then I was added in June and got PPR in Oct first week. I applied for CBSA in Sep mid.
One thing is very important, never order your notes from any cheap website because it can create issues with file processing.
GCMS , GCMS+ or CBSA must be ordered from a trusted site. they might charge you a bit extra but at the end your profile is not hampered. According to me Getgcms.com is reasonable and trusted than other cheap sites.

Reactions: bennylee

R.Tequila

Nov 15, 2018
My wife got PPR in April Mid and then I was added in June and got PPR in Oct first week. I applied for CBSA in Sep mid.
One thing is very important, never order your notes from any cheap website because it can create issues with file processing.
GCMS , GCMS+ or CBSA must be ordered from a trusted site. they might charge you a bit extra but at the end your profile is not hampered. According to me Getgcms.com is reasonable and trusted than other cheap sites.
Thanks for the concern. I am inland so I ordered from the government ATIP site directly.

Reactions: Jss592

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018