+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Mine began with 'if you are not paper-based applicants, you can see the progress in your online account'... errr
looks like i cannot interact with them until april 16th 2019. the man literally told me that everytime i call they flag/mark it. 3 calls in 6 months and 2 gcms. he pointed out that i have applied for one on friday before checking my file.

TOFluv

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
i know right ! the first thing the agent said was there is a progress bar in your application you do not need to call to know the progress.
Seriously?! :eek::mad:Gosh! With all these terrible CIC agents I'm not looking forward to when I have to call in 3 days time:(

lattersnow

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
looks like i cannot interact with them until april 16th 2019. the man literally told me that everytime i call they flag/mark it. 3 calls in 6 months and 2 gcms.
Well, my application passed 180 days 3 days ago and today was my first call, and I did have 2 GCMS notes already...

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Posting it to the bigger group-

I called CIC today (AOR June 14th, VO Montreal) to see what they did to my application in last 6 months, and what was the ghost update I received on Nov 22nd.

I was told that my file was under additional review (that was the ghost update about), and my eligibility wasn’t yet done.

I asked why I did not receive any ADR, and I was told that they did not need anything from me.

What do u guys think about it? Can I expect an ADR? Do U know how long would it take for them to either clear eligibility or to send me ADR? I’m little worried, any insight will help me.

cooledi199

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
I think it is easy to be upset on Call Centre. But trust me, they are getting paid well below if you compare how expensive it is to live around here. It is a frustrating job to answer questions that they might not have answer to. They may have rough days in their lives as well. And also not callers as as respectful as they should be. For us, it is just one call, but for them it is all day long. By no means I am saying they should not do better job as best of their ability, but I'd like to believe they are doing the best they can. Personally, if CIC meets their deadlines, we all would not be in this position. There are some fondamental changes that needs to take place. Either lower the expectation of 6 months or speed up the process. We will be relentless if we pass 6 months which we know is the ideal timeline for processing.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019

I called CIC today (AOR June 14th, VO Montreal) to see what they did to my application in last 6 months, and what was the ghost update I received on Nov 22nd.

I was told that my file was under additional review (that was the ghost update about), and my eligibility wasn’t yet done.

I asked why I did not receive any ADR, and I was told that they did not need anything from me.

What do u guys think about it? Can I expect an ADR? Do U know how long would it take for them to either clear eligibility or to send me ADR? I’m little worried, any insight will help me.
Did the call agent say "eligibilty" or "background check"??

cooledi199

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014

I am in the same boat. Check what is review required for and try and reach out to them through CSE. Just be proactive. Nothing much you can do. Most likely, they will just approve it when they will circle back with your application. It may not be to major, but there is nothing much you can do here.

Reactions: tobs

R.Tequila

Nov 15, 2018
looks like i cannot interact with them until april 16th 2019. the man literally told me that everytime i call they flag/mark it. 3 calls in 6 months and 2 gcms. he pointed out that i have applied for one on friday before checking my file.
I do agree it is agent-specific so don't feel too worried about calling. I've made 3 calls before I even reached 6-month and they are all within 2 weeks of each other, and for some reasons I got connected to the same lady everytime who is very polite and helpful.

By the way, we have identical stream and status. And you can't really be sure about being in comprehensive security screening just because security checks have been taking long. Mine has been on-going since July but my local MP office said based on their inquiry Im not in comprehensive security screening..

Reactions: ts270890 and tobs

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

Get gcms notes to get details

Reactions: Y@$h

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I think it is easy to be upset on Call Centre. But trust me, they are getting paid well below if you compare how expensive it is to live around here. It is a frustrating job to answer questions that they might not have answer to. They may have rough days in their lives as well. And also not callers as as respectful as they should be. For us, it is just one call, but for them it is all day long. By no means I am saying they should not do better job as best of their ability, but I'd like to believe they are doing the best they can. Personally, if CIC meets their deadlines, we all would not be in this position. There are some fondamental changes that needs to take place. Either lower the expectation of 6 months or speed up the process. We will be relentless if we pass 6 months which we know is the ideal timeline for processing.
It is again like one of those topics on IELTS of discussing both sides. So let me discuss the other side.

I agree with all the points you have raised, however their low pay is not an excuse to give a shitty attitude. Most law enforcement officers get paid a lot less and you would agree have much difficult job then these call center agents. We don't condone their behavior if they are trying to make "extra cash". So low pay is not an excuse to perform badly on your job. I'm hoping they are not forced to work on low pay on gun point so they can leave if they don't like it.

It is one call for us but it is many call for them. Hmmm ... I wonder what was the job description given to them. There will be only one call per day? As someone already said it is LITERALLY the job description. And by the way they don't have to wait for 40-50 minutes on line.

Yes they may be having a shitty day. That doesn't give them a right to be shitty with the person calling. What if the person who called was also having the shitty day? Surely, it can't be one way street of consideration given on "shitty days".

Last edited:

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Reactions: cansha

cooledi199

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
It is again like one of those topics on IELTS of discussing both sides. So let me discuss the other side.

I agree with all the points you have raised, however their low pay is not an excuse to give a shitty attitude. Most law enforcement officers get paid a lot less and you would agree have much difficult job then these call center agents. We don't condone their behavior if they want to make extra cash if they are trying to make "extra cash". So low pay is not an excuse to perform badly on your job. I'm hoping they are not forced to work on low pay on gun point so they can leave if they don't like it.

It is one call for us but it is many call for them. Hmmm ... I wonder what was the job description given to them. There will be only one call per day? As someone already said it is LITERALLY the job description. And by the way they don't have to wait for 40-50 minutes on line.

Yes they may be having a shitty day. That doesn't give them a right to be shitty with the person calling. What if the person who called was also having the shitty day? Surely, it can't be one way street of consideration given on "shitty days".
Agreed to whole lot of what you said. Again I feel like I put myself out there as I was defending them and not understanding what the situation is. By no means, I am saying they could not have done better job. I was just trying to say it would not be this bad if CIC has met the deadlines. We do put a lot of emphasis on how bad they are without knowing a whole lot about their situation. 40 minutes wait may not be their fault, they may be under-staff or what not. They may not have all the answers that you want to hear. They may not have enough access etc. All I am saying is they can do better job for sure to answer all calls, but they are human at the end. No wonder machines are taking over, eh?

Reactions: Ronja5200

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Agreed to whole lot of what you said. Again I feel like I put myself out there as I was defending them and not understanding what the situation is. By no means, I am saying they could not have done better job. I was just trying to say it would not be this bad if CIC has met the deadlines. We do put a lot of emphasis on how bad they are without knowing a whole lot about their situation. 40 minutes wait may not be their fault, they may be under-staff or what not. They may not have all the answers that you want to hear. They may not have enough access etc. All I am saying is they can do better job for sure to answer all calls, but they are human at the end. No wonder machines are taking over, eh?
Yes and I agree to all of those points. I don't blame them for wait times. Most people call back multiple times and wait on the phone. I don't blame them if they don't have information. BUT I don't see any reason why I need to condone or justify their rudeness or bad behavior. There is no place for that in a professional setting.
And I agree they are human at the end, but the person calling is also a human and may be at a more vulnerable state than the person answering the call.

Reactions: Hannahvet