Sidsmt

Star Member
Jul 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Waiting ..........Waiting.........Waiting...........Waiting..............Waiting......... :(

fleuredeflorida

Jan 23, 2016
Hi friends! I'm not sure if I'm reading this right (I hope I am!) from the other posts but just signed into ECAS today and for the first time could access through the UCI and my wife's info (the Canadian- I could previously only get any information by using my info as sponsored spouse) and it now has a column for Sponsorship application status with a link underneath "In Process" in addition to the "Application Received" under Permanent Residence Application status.

From what I've read in other posts it sounds like this means we have SA? We may just haven't gotten official notice yet? When I click the "In Process" under sponsorship application status it says:
1. we received application to sponsor XXX on XX date
2. we sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt on XX date
3. We started processing your application on XX date

I have been checking this thing obsessively!! I've been visiting my wife since April and am hoping that we can get COPR before I have to head back to the states and wait for it there. Fingers crossed for a speedy approval for all! :D

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
A smart way to check. As the UCI is the same as the one on sponsor's PR cart or any other document. For me for some reason none of the combinations of UCI/application number with sponsor/applicant info works!

asagalen said:
I haven't received my AOR1 yet so far but I checked the ECAS using client ID and it's already in process. Application received on June 21.

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
fleuredeflorida said:
Hi friends! I'm not sure if I'm reading this right (I hope I am!) from the other posts but just signed into ECAS today and for the first time could access through the UCI and my wife's info (the Canadian- I could previously only get any information by using my info as sponsored spouse) and it now has a column for Sponsorship application status with a link underneath "In Process" in addition to the "Application Received" under Permanent Residence Application status.

From what I've read in other posts it sounds like this means we have SA? We may just haven't gotten official notice yet? When I click the "In Process" under sponsorship application status it says:
1. we received application to sponsor XXX on XX date
2. we sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt on XX date
3. We started processing your application on XX date

I have been checking this thing obsessively!! I've been visiting my wife since April and am hoping that we can get COPR before I have to head back to the states and wait for it there. Fingers crossed for a speedy approval for all! :D
I think you will get SA when the Perm. Res. App. Status says "in process".....meaning they will send it to the right office to process it. Both columns need to say "in process"......

:mad:

sorry

TheyCallMeSuelo

Jun 21, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10, 2016
AOR Received.
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
June 8, 2016
LANDED..........
December 7, 2016
An update:

We received the AOR1 on June 28. About a week ago I was able to sign in to eCAS for each of us.

For Sponsor it currently shows "in process". When I click the link it says:

Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor XXXX XXXXX on June 10, 2016.
We started processing your application on June 28, 2016.

For Principal Applicant it shows "application received". When I click the link it says:

Permanent Residence
We received XXXX XXXXX's application for permanent residence on June 10, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

Things are moving along. :)

Consuelo

FiveO

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone else who applied at the beginning of June, has AOR1 but ECAS doesn't show "medical results have been received" yet? And does anyone have an idea when would be appropriate to start calling CIC and asking whether my medical results (done 6 months ago) are actually there? I'd like to have a head start in case something happened to my medical results.

Thank you everyone, your expertise is highly appreciated!

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
FiveO said:
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone else who applied at the beginning of June, has AOR1 but ECAS doesn't show "medical results have been received" yet? And does anyone have an idea when would be appropriate to start calling CIC and asking whether my medical results (done 6 months ago) are actually there? I'd like to have a head start in case something happened to my medical results.

Thank you everyone, your expertise is highly appreciated!
I would wait until the file has been transferred.

ECAS is notoriously inaccurate.

I'm sure you medicals are just fine..

Also on July 23, you can link your paper application to MyCIC and see much more in depth information about your application.

Puffball

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
Red1992 said:
Yes wait, you may get SA directly. I got my AOR 1 in 22 days. For some friends SA came directly...
I wish it was our case. I really worry that they would send it back. AOR1 would calm me down, but it is already 28 days...and nothing. Is there any way to find out if they send it back...?

chefkphotos

Jan 18, 2016
Puffball said:
I wish it was our case. I really worry that they would send it back. AOR1 would calm me down, but it is already 28 days...and nothing. Is there any way to find out if they send it back...?
yeah i wish they will give us notice on what is going on with our application. Mine is already 36 days and counting.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Puffball said:
you'll know if it arrives in your mailbox. if there is something missing, and they don't send it back, the sponsor will not receive an AOR. they will receive a document request first. it is still early. relax.

S_and_C

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11, 2016 (recd June 13 by CIC)
AOR Received.
June 30, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: August 11, 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front: May 5, 2016
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
The inconsistency in communication from CIC is very discouraging. Some people get their AOR, some don't, some get eCAS access, some don't. I am wondering if there's just some people working there who just don't follow the process or something? Do they pile them up by country and the person doing ours (Philippines) is just really slow or their pile is the largest or something? Are the people who are missing AOR or eCAS access all from non-visa exempt countries, especially given that the Ottawa VO processing a US app for example is lightning speed compared to other VOs?

I'm looking forward to see what the MyCIC linking can do for us, and hoping we can actually link it in the first place because it's not even accessible in eCAS yet.

I have also sent a case specific enquiry to CIC asking why our app isn't in eCAS yet, to make sure they didn't enter information wrong or lose the app, especially considering other people have reported that their app is on eCAS.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
S_and_C said:
The inconsistency in communication from CIC is very discouraging. Some people get their AOR, some don't, some get eCAS access, some don't. I am wondering if there's just some people working there who just don't follow the process or something? Do they pile them up by country and the person doing ours (Philippines) is just really slow or their pile is the largest or something? Are the people who are missing AOR or eCAS access all from non-visa exempt countries, especially given that the Ottawa VO processing a US app for example is lightning speed compared to other VOs?

I'm looking forward to see what the MyCIC linking can do for us, and hoping we can actually link it in the first place because it's not even accessible in eCAS yet.

I have also sent a case specific enquiry to CIC asking why our app isn't in eCAS yet, to make sure they didn't enter information wrong or lose the app, especially considering other people have reported that their app is on eCAS.
ECAS is not a requirement for the visa office nor should there be an expectation of it providing accurate and timely information about your file. CIC sees it as a courtesy, and is not going to make it a priority when there are bigger issues to deal with in immigration. looking at your timeline, you are still waiting for SA, correct?. For most applicants, ECAS is not available until AFTER SA, so really it will take more time. If someone can access information before then, they are the lucky ones or they already had some sort of application with CIC in the past. no, there is no standard or trend for who has ECAS access or not (except for those who have had previous CIC applications). I would highly advise against sending in case specific inqiries about matters that are not essential. not being able to sign into ecas before you even receive SA or your file's transferred certainly is not going to be perceived as essential to CIC.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Thanks for sharing this. The question though is why it says on AOR that you may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application. It could instead say you may wait for the sponsor processing time to check your application. I had all types of applications with CIC for the last 10 years study permit, visa, PR, citizenship, parents visa but I still cannot log into ECAS after 44 days!! It is annoying but we cannot do anything but to wait.

CDNPR2014 said:
ECAS is not a requirement for the visa office nor should there be an expectation of it providing accurate and timely information about your file. CIC sees it as a courtesy, and is not going to make it a priority when there are bigger issues to deal with in immigration. looking at your timeline, you are still waiting for SA, correct?. For most applicants, ECAS is not available until AFTER SA, so really it will take more time. If someone can access information before then, they are the lucky ones or they already had some sort of application with CIC in the past. no, there is no standard or trend for who has ECAS access or not (except for those who have had previous CIC applications). I would highly advise against sending in case specific inqiries about matters that are not essential. not being able to sign into ecas before you even receive SA or your file's transferred certainly is not going to be perceived as essential to CIC.

FiveO

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ImABule said:
I would wait until the file has been transferred.

ECAS is notoriously inaccurate.

I'm sure you medicals are just fine..

Also on July 23, you can link your paper application to MyCIC and see much more in depth information about your application.
Thank you so much for your answer! I know this whole process just takes patience but sometimes it's hard to know which issues require some kind of follow-up and which require just waiting. As it turns out, it's mostly about waiting :)

nattha_jeen

May 13, 2016
Puffball said:
same situation is here (application received on June 16).... :( Hold on! Maybe you will get SA right away :)
Our package received on 15th july , mmy sponsor still didn't get any email , too. What we should do? Be patiently waiting or else ?
My VO is Singapore.
Any idea to suggest guys?
Thanks