17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
sask28 said:
I am getting a little worried about my application because I sent it to Sydney on July 7th and it was received on July11th. Until now I am not seen anything on e-cas or any AOR by e-mail.
I am wondering what's going on with my application. Anyone else going through this same problem?
I am going to wait until the end of this month and if I don't see anything on E-cas then I'll have to send a Case Specific Inquiry.

Also to those of you who received your applications back because of missing documents, did anything show up on E-cas?

Yes I am a July applicant but I decided to ask in the June forum because I am received replies from a few questions I asked before. I would appreciate your helpfulness. Thanks.
Have patience, suggest you to submit online case inquiry if you feel its high time for your application. Same happened with few of our folks here (I'm one among them) and upon submitting online case inquiry, we saw positive results unlike calling customer service and getting different answers every time from them.

Good Luck!

Jennas

Aug 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
No eCAS update. Still says no information found and looks like CIC Call Center has changed the options with waiting time of 28minutes .
I am the same situation.I saw some applicants said had email aor but I only have the email with application no and showing no ecase.HaHa.still waiting.

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Jennas said:
I am the same situation.I saw some applicants said had email aor but I only have the email with application no and showing no ecase.HaHa.still waiting.
Same here. So far, i think only one member- maple05 got active ecas after email. The rest of us are stilling waiting for ecas to get updated. I think many of us have been waiting for it for almost a month.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Exactly, I got mine on Aug 26th.
summer2014 said:
Same here. So far, i think only one member- maple05 got active ecas after email. The rest of us are stilling waiting for ecas to get updated. I think many of us have been waiting for it for almost a month.

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here. got the email AOR on Sept 12. No ECAS yet. (seems many of us are Markham applicants..)
Suggest we should have a column of "Email AOR" in the spreadsheet.

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
fanboy said:
Same here. got the email AOR on Sept 12. No ECAS yet.
Suggest we should have a column of "Email AOR" in the spreadsheet.
I really hope that at least few of us got updated ecas soon so that we know what to expect. Otherwise we have to wait till we receive test invite.
I think we should contact cic by the end of Sept or first week of Oct to check status of our apps. Last time i called, even though the agent could see details of my apps, but she says it was not in process, which is contradict to what other members were told.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
summer2014 said:
I really hope that at least few of us got updated ecas soon so that we know what to expect. Otherwise we have to wait till we receive test invite.
I think we should contact cic by the end of Sept or first week of Oct to check status of our apps. Last time i called, even though the agent could see details of my apps, but she says it was not in process, which is contradict to what other members were told.
i think most people who received email confirmation are not able to check eCAS online, including myself, correct me if i'm wrong.

grape70

Sep 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bnkcitizen said:
Can you please share your time line or add to your signature.
Here's my timeline,

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 5, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 5, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 31, 2014.

We sent you a letter on August 27, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC and the lady said that they received lot of applications around Mid-June so the files numbers been created (Applicant who have received Email confirmation) but have been put into inventory to be processed.They are processing files for June-19. Some officers used old method thus some applicants got AOR letter by Canada Post and not the email with application number. Those who are getting processed by new system got email. She said me to that I may/many not get AOR by postal mail but e-cas should be available in 3-4 weeks time. eCas is not active as applications are still in inventory to be processed.

FYI: I submitted for address change and added representative through online case enquiry and details on my application updated as the lady confirmed my new address and details of representative.Online case enquiry works even if they do not reply to you. My application is still waiting to be processed but they are hoping that it will be in process soon . Moral of the story we need to have patience as they have lot of application from June. And in case you want to enquire or add/update any information use case specific enquiry. Hopefully once our application status changes to "in process" it will be processed faster.

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
catchvb said:
Called CIC and the lady said that they received lot of applications around Mid-June so the files numbers been created (Applicant who have received Email confirmation) but have been put into inventory to be processed.They are processing files for June-19. Some officers used old method thus some applicants got AOR letter by Canada Post and not the email with application number. Those who are getting processed by new system got email. She said me to that I may/many not get AOR by postal mail but e-cas should be available in 3-4 weeks time. eCas is not active as applications are still in inventory to be processed.

FYI: I submitted for address change and added representative through online case enquiry and details on my application updated as the lady confirmed my new address and details of representative.Online case enquiry works even if they do not reply to you. My application is still waiting to be processed but they are hoping that it will be in process soon . Moral of the story we need to have patience as they have lot of application from June. And in case you want to enquire or add/update any information use case specific enquiry. Hopefully once our application status changes to "in process" it will be processed faster.
Thank u very much. That s the answer to the question for applicants who got email aor. Our apps got received, but actually not in process. We must wait then.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
key to the process is 1. when Sydney creates your file and clears all background checks
2. when local office receives your file and find no further issues, then test invite will be sent
3. after test, it really depends on the capacity they organizing ceremonies, like ppl in GTA who receives oath invite right after test but ppl elsewhere must wait another 2-6 months.

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
email2kale said:
Have patience, suggest you to submit online case inquiry if you feel its high time for your application. Same happened with few of our folks here (I'm one among them) and upon submitting online case inquiry, we saw positive results unlike calling customer service and getting different answers every time from them.

Good Luck!
Thank you for the helpful replies guys. At the time, I did not include records of my employment when I sent the application because I did not think ahead. I am pretty sure I sent every other document that was required on their document check list. Also, I just moved to a new place at the start of September and registered through Canada Post to have my mail forwarded from the other address to the current address.
So now I am thinking:
1) My application could have been returned but has been lost in the shipping like BLT said and is still in limbo. I would gladly resend the application and include the records of employment because I have them now.

2) Maybe they might have started processing my application but have not opened up an E-cas account for me yet. This I find a bit nerve-wrecking because other July applicants who sent their applications around the same time as me are starting to see results on E-cas. I even checked my Canada Post tracking again today for the application I sent and it indicated that the mail was delivered to Sydney, Nova Scotia.

I will be making a case specific inquiry after this weekend. :( :-[

Cancan_2014

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
u4g5 said:
key to the process is 1. when Sydney creates your file and clears all background checks
2. when local office receives your file and find no further issues, then test invite will be sent
3. after test, it really depends on the capacity they organizing ceremonies, like ppl in GTA who receives oath invite right after test but ppl elsewhere must wait another 2-6 months.
i think BG checks r done by local office not sydney

zwt10

Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sask28 said:
Thank you for the helpful replies guys. At the time, I did not include records of my employment when I sent the application because I did not think ahead. I am pretty sure I sent every other document that was required on their document check list. Also, I just moved to a new place at the start of September and registered through Canada Post to have my mail forwarded from the other address to the current address.
So now I am thinking:
1) My application could have been returned but has been lost in the shipping like BLT said and is still in limbo. I would gladly resend the application and include the records of employment because I have them now.

2) Maybe they might have started processing my application but have not opened up an E-cas account for me yet. This I find a bit nerve-wrecking because other July applicants who sent their applications around the same time as me are starting to see results on E-cas. I even checked my Canada Post tracking again today for the application I sent and it indicated that the mail was delivered to Sydney, Nova Scotia.

I will be making a case specific inquiry after this weekend. :( :-[
I suggest you do online case specific inquiry as soon as possible and include your present address and a copy of your payment receipt. This might help. I got an email confirmation today that they received my application on June 13 after I did my online inquiry. Their first reply was after a week asking for my current address and a copy of my receipt which i sent quickly and 2 days later i got this email confirmation but still no Ecas. Like you, I didn't include my work records and out of anxiety of lost or returned mail and suggestions from CIC call agents i re sent a second application that was received on Sept 19th, my 2nd application included my work records, t4s and NOAs. Wink

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zwt10 said:
I suggest you do online case specific inquiry as soon as possible and include your present address and a copy of your payment receipt. This might help. I got an email confirmation today that they received my application on June 13 after I did my online inquiry. Their first reply was after a week asking for my current address and a copy of my receipt which i sent quickly and 2 days later i got this email confirmation but still no Ecas. Like you, I didn't include my work records and out of anxiety of lost or returned mail and suggestions from CIC call agents i re sent a second application that was received on Sept 19th, my 2nd application included my work records, t4s and NOAs. Wink
Hi thanks for the helpful suggestion zwt10. Somewhere in this thread I think I read about you or another member resending a new application to the Sydney. I am also thinking about to do that and including the records of employment but will send near the end of October.
But I want to make sure that I can get a clear answer from the CIC agent about my application before I rush to send the new application. And I'll probably have to include a new payment for the fees which for the first time is no a big deal but for the second time would be a bit expensive. Still thinking ::)