Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
email2kale said:
Hi adamishere, so far I too don't have AOR # nor an email reply for the online enquiry.
You are not alone here.
I am with you in the same position.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats!! what is your local office?

carluccio said:
Guys actually it'll show the following information on ECAS update if a test invitation was issued by cic,

"We sent you a notice on XXXX XX, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on XXXX XX, 2014 at XX:XX AM(PM). The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

Good luck.

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
congrats!! what is your local office?
Sorry you misunderstood this is just one example for Ecas update when a test invitation issued. pls read carefully.

grape70

Sep 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJ_002 said:
I received exactly the same ECAS update today- Not sure what it is...
I received it on August 27 and it was a fingerprint request

grape70

Sep 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canad87 said:
Do you have any reasoning why they asked you for finger print ? Have you worked in Arab Gulf Area ?

Thanks
I'm just an asian student and my record is clean except for few speeding and parking tickets. Actually, I bumped into an asian woman who is probably in her 40s in the police station, and she was also asked to submit her fingerprint for citizenship. I don't think she and I have anything in common except we are asian.

bnkcitizen

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grape70 said:
I'm just an asian student and my record is clean except for few speeding and parking tickets. Actually, I bumped into an asian woman who is probably in her 40s in the police station, and she was also asked to submit her fingerprint for citizenship. I don't think she and I have anything in common except we are asian.
Can you please share your time line or add to your signature.

injuredcold

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So does it mean, whoever has received an update that doesn't mention mailing of a letter - their applications are complete?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how is everybody doing????
for GTA area, test letter usually arrived within 5 months after application reached sydney. and the test will be scheduled in the 6th month. after test, u either r told to wait or given the oath letter.
for Ottawa area, from google doc, we see movement for jan/2014 applicants receiving test notes, and the processing will definitely speed up.
Calgary/SK applicants might need to wait a bit longer. these office r understaffed im terms of handling thousands news immigrants who moved there in the last couple years for jobs. but once CIC hires more officer and put them in place, processing will speed up.
Vancouver office seems to be doing a good job processing applicants, some fellow june applicants , along with some april/may applicants, have received test letter for next month. after that wouldnt expect anything for at least 2 months. but still, a total processing time within 7-10 month range is very impressive.
overall, this whole thing test our patience but we will all get there.

PS: calling CIC doesnt do much good cuz call centre agents dont have much info to provide. so why dont we just focus on now.

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
how is everybody doing????
for GTA area, test letter usually arrived within 5 months after application reached sydney. and the test will be scheduled in the 6th month. after test, u either r told to wait or given the oath letter.
for Ottawa area, from google doc, we see movement for jan/2014 applicants receiving test notes, and the processing will definitely speed up.
Calgary/SK applicants might need to wait a bit longer. these office r understaffed im terms of handling thousands news immigrants who moved there in the last couple years for jobs. but once CIC hires more officer and put them in place, processing will speed up.
Vancouver office seems to be doing a good job processing applicants, some fellow june applicants , along with some april/may applicants, have received test letter for next month. after that wouldnt expect anything for at least 2 months. but still, a total processing time within 7-10 month range is very impressive.
overall, this whole thing test our patience but we will all get there.

PS: calling CIC doesnt do much good cuz call centre agents dont have much info to provide. so why dont we just focus on now.
Thank you for the analyses, What about Montreal, any feedback ?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MTL timeline is comparable with GTA's. so a routine application should be from start to finish within 7-10 months, varies by 2 months max.

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
MTL timeline is comparable with GTA's. so a routine application should be from start to finish within 7-10 months, varies by 2 months max.
Thank you

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am getting a little worried about my application because I sent it to Sydney on July 7th and it was received on July11th. Until now I am not seen anything on e-cas or any AOR by e-mail.
I am wondering what's going on with my application. Anyone else going through this same problem?
I am going to wait until the end of this month and if I don't see anything on E-cas then I'll have to send a Case Specific Inquiry.

Also to those of you who received your applications back because of missing documents, did anything show up on E-cas?

Yes I am a July applicant but I decided to ask in the June forum because I am received replies from a few questions I asked before. I would appreciate your helpfulness. Thanks.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
sask28 said:
I am getting a little worried about my application because I sent it to Sydney on July 7th and it was received on July11th. Until now I am not seen anything on e-cas or any AOR by e-mail.
I am wondering what's going on with my application. Anyone else going through this same problem?
I am going to wait until the end of this month and if I don't see anything on E-cas then I'll have to send a Case Specific Inquiry.

Also to those of you who received your applications back because of missing documents, did anything show up on E-cas?

Yes I am a July applicant but I decided to ask in the June forum because I am received replies from a few questions I asked before. I would appreciate your helpfulness. Thanks.

You need to call CIC call centre to find out about your application. The worst scenario : Your application was being returned, and it's lost in return shipment. Best scenario : The have started to process your application sometimes in early September, but the Ecas has problem, like complicated name, wrong dob entered, etc.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
or you can use online case specific inquiry
sask28 said: