+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

CEC-lolo

Oct 19, 2015
Thank you everyone for warm wishes and congratulations!!!

Thank you everyone in this website for posting great news and information!!!

AG_MRT

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015 RCMP
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-08-2014
IELTS Request
Done with application
Med's Request
29-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
ushiee88 said:
Does anybody know if the passport has to be valid for a certain number of months to be eligible for the landingn visa or it doesnt matter. My passport has 5 months now but waiting for medical. By the time i get the passport request it will probably have 3 months or so on it. Is that on or do i need to renew?

Based on the information I have been asked in My PPR request , for PR Visa, A passport must be valid for at least 6 months & have at least two blank pages
This is applicable for all applicants( principal as well as dependents)

Shettyz

Jan 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
15-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-02-2015
AG_MRT said:
Based on the information I have been asked in My PPR request , for PR Visa, A passport must be valid for at least 6 months & have at least two blank pages
This is applicable for all applicants( principal as well as dependents)
Well reading on above comments, I have a doubt on my spouse passport now.My present status in ECAS is decision made and I am yet to receive mail from CIC.My wife passport is valid till Aug end.Now assuming that I send our passports for stamping in Dec ,it will still have 8 months validity.
Now the question is I am thinking to land in Feb 1st week if everything is as assumed.And she along with my child will land in April month to Canada (if the time lines of PR is allowing for April)At that point of time passport will have validity of 4 months.Hope its fine ?? (I mean ppl. who check at the entry)..Or else I am left with one more option of applying to renewal here in India as soon as the passport is being stamped .That must take 1-2 months for new passport.And stamping will still remain in old passport.Your points on this situation will be appreciated.

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Shettyz said:
Well reading on above comments, I have a doubt on my spouse passport now.My present status in ECAS is decision made and I am yet to receive mail from CIC.My wife passport is valid till Aug end.Now assuming that I send our passports for stamping in Dec ,it will still have 8 months validity.
Now the question is I am thinking to land in Feb 1st week if everything is as assumed.And she along with my child will land in April month to Canada (if the time lines of PR is allowing for April)At that point of time passport will have validity of 4 months.Hope its fine ?? (I mean ppl. who check at the entry)..Or else I am left with one more option of applying to renewal here in India as soon as the passport is being stamped .That must take 1-2 months for new passport.And stamping will still remain in old passport.Your points on this situation will be appreciated.
Since you did your medicals in February, your wife won't have until April to land. The landing deadline is normally set a year since CIC received your medicals. You could of course try to ask for an extension.

Anyhow, 4 months should be absolutely fine.

Shettyz

Jan 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
15-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-02-2015
june23_app said:
Since you did your medicals in February, your wife won't have until April to land. The landing deadline is normally set a year since CIC received your medicals. You could of course try to ask for an extension.

I doubt they will agree for extension unless unavoidable circumstances.I thought of my son's completion of academic which in India's case is March-April.Else need to think on continuation of same class in Canada till June

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leokumar007 said:
Congrats all those who got PPR.. We august applicants have a long way to go..
i have the same timeline as yours. even i did upfront meds in august

CEC-lolo

Oct 19, 2015
june23_app said:

I agree with the replies above - when you get PPR request it clearly stays that your passport should have validity of at least 6 months. However, I found the following in the CIC website related to the landing:
If you already live in Canada, you have two options to become a permanent resident:

1.You can make an appointment at a Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) office near where you live in Canada. To do this, contact CIC’s Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100. You cannot call this number if you are outside Canada.

"If your permanent resident visa (or one of your family’s) expires in two months or less, please tell the Call Centre that you need urgent processing."
Which means that they could stamp you an immigration visa. Hope that helps

PS. I wanted to post the link but the website says I can`t do this.

weijilu

May 11, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I received my RPRF on Nov 12th. Payment made and receipt was emailed to CIC. No ME received previous to the RPRF. Did not do upfront medical exam.

I called CIC on last Wednesday, the agent told me the my medical request was MAILED to my house on Nov 9th. Has anyone heard about that before?

I have never heard of anyone's medical request was mailed to their home address. And the point is I still did not receive anything. I don't know how long it will take.

Has anyone here had your medical request mailed to your address?

Please advise.

Thank you!

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
weijilu said:
Hi Everyone,

I received my RPRF on Nov 12th. Payment made and receipt was emailed to CIC. No ME received previous to the RPRF. Did not do upfront medical exam.

I called CIC on last Wednesday, the agent told me the my medical request was MAILED to my house on Nov 9th. Has anyone heard about that before?

I have never heard of anyone's medical request was mailed to their home address. And the point is I still did not receive anything. I don't know how long it will take.

Please advise.

Thank you!
i think they used to do that back in the day.. it is something unusual but nothing to be worried about.. yea the problem is that you still didnt receive it. maybe reach out to them and tell them that you didnt and if they can send it to you via email so it faster..

sonnenstern

Star Member
May 22, 2014
@weijilu

If I were you I would now do upfront medicals and submit the medical results ASAP to CIC.

The fact that you received RPRF request shows that your eligibility assessment must be at least "recommend pass" now, otherwise they wouldn't request for RPRF. You can still inquire where your medical request mail has gone to and if they could resent it by email - but in the meantime just do the medicals and don't waste time. Who knows when the next officer will touch your file? If the medical results are missing by then it might result in another delay or even refusal or another couple of months before someone touches your file again...

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sonnenstern said:
@weijilu

If I were you I would now do upfront medicals and submit the medical results ASAP to CIC.

The fact that you received RPRF request shows that your eligibility assessment must be at least "recommend pass" now, otherwise they wouldn't request for RPRF. You can still inquire where your medical request mail has gone to and if they could resent it by email - but in the meantime just do the medicals and don't waste time. Who knows when the next officer will touch your file? If the medical results are missing by then it might result in another delay or even refusal or another couple of months before someone touches your file again...
i agree if they said they sent you a medical request then your medical number should be in the system. so when you go to the physicians office for the medical just confirm with them that your file is already created by cic.. normally with upfront the physicians office creates your file(UMI) but if cic has sent your medical request it should be set up..

sxmman

Nov 12, 2015
weijilu said:
Hi Everyone,

Please advise.

Thank you!

I got RPRF and Med request through mail. Only email i got from CIC was for that schedule A form and Police certificate. They actually sent it to my fiance's email and she wasn't even the main applicant nor applied for PR.

BlessedSherry

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/09/2014
Doc's Request.
17th March 16, docs sent 2nd April
AOR Received.
07/01/2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Copr 14.04.2016
LANDED..........
...Waiting
sxmman said:
I got RPRF and Med request through mail. Only email i got from CIC was for that schedule A form and Police certificate. They actually sent it to my fiance's email and she wasn't even the main applicant nor applied for PR.
which country; did you apply & mailing address from inside Canada?
So now we need to be on the look out in the post for MR

sxmman

Nov 12, 2015
BlessedSherry said:
which country; did you apply & mailing address from inside Canada?
So now we need to be on the look out in the post for MR
i'm applying from within Canada and they have my Canadian address.