+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

shams1988

Jul 21, 2014
Hi everyone,

I applied for my CEC under NOC 1112 on the 14th (application received on 16th June 2014 - Monday). My current post-grad work permit is about to expire on 31st July (10 days). The google spreadsheet shows an average of 42 days to receive the AOR after the application is received by the CIO. This means the earliest I will get my AOR is 28th July.

Can I apply for a bridging open work permit if there are only 3 days lefts for my work permit to expire? Is there is a way to apply for a BOWR after my work permit expires?

My employer has also applied for an LMO but getting a BOWR will be much better. Has anyone who applied close to the 16th received an AOR or see a CC charge for it ?

any help is appreciated. Thanks!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
kiastorta said:
I there,

I have a question that maybe someone here might be able to answer. Once I got my AOR I can apply for the bridge work permit, but what happens to the work permit of my spouse? Will we be able to renew also his, or he won't be able to work in Canada until we got our PR?
Thanks!
Yes, once you receive the AOR you can apply for the BOWP, if you are eligible.
Read more about eligibility criteria on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp
And you can apply for a SOWP ( Spousal Open Work Permit ) for your spouse, based on your BOWP.

T.

kiastorta

Jun 30, 2014
iam_toby said:
Yes, once you receive the AOR you can apply for the BOWP, if you are eligible.
Read more about eligibility criteria on this page:
And you can apply for a SOWP ( Spousal Open Work Permit ) for your spouse, based on your BOWP.

T.
Thanks, Toby. I read the eligibility criteria and it seems that I fulfill them all. My persistent doubt is the following: since I won't probably keep working for the same institution after my Work Visa will expire at the end of October, will my husband still be able to apply for the SOWP?

In the bulletin page I read that "for spouses of CEC applicants: there are no preconditions to be met by the CEC applicant". Does that mean that we won't have to include a letter for my current employer in order to apply for his SOWP? I have this doubt because, as my contract is due to expire and I don't want to renew it, I am not totally sure that my employer will provide me with any further letter of support for immigration application.

This is what I have understood so far:

Once we will (hopefully) get the AOR on my application, I will be able to apply online for a BOWP. In the general section of my 5710E form under Q3 I will indicate the request for an "initial work permit with a new employer", while on Q1 of the "Details of Intended Work to Canada" section I will indicate "Open Work Permit" and on Q2 I will indicate "Bridge Open Work Permit Application - Not applicable".

Under the same application, I will also submit my husband's 5710E form. His form will probably indicate "Initial work permit with a new employer" on Q3 of the general section as well since he is working with an OWP, but what will he state on the "Details of Intended Work to Canada" section? Will he have to indicate his current employer (where he is employed with an open work permit), or will he have to write something like "Open Work Permit Application under Spousal Bridge Open Work Permit Application"?

If my understanding of the BOWP is correct (meaning if there is no need for a letter from my employer) I will also include in my application a cover letter aimed to explain to the officer that I am applying for a BOWP while my husband applies for a SOWP under me, AND a copy of AOR.

Have I got this right?

Thanks again!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hi,

kiastorta said:
Thanks, Toby. I read the eligibility criteria and it seems that I fulfill them all. My persistent doubt is the following: since I won't probably keep working for the same institution after my Work Visa will expire at the end of October, will my husband still be able to apply for the SOWP?

In the bulletin page I read that "for spouses of CEC applicants: there are no preconditions to be met by the CEC applicant". Does that mean that we won't have to include a letter for my current employer in order to apply for his SOWP? I have this doubt because, as my contract is due to expire and I don't want to renew it, I am not totally sure that my employer will provide me with any further letter of support for immigration application.

This is what I have understood so far:

Once we will (hopefully) get the AOR on my application, I will be able to apply online for a BOWP. In the general section of my 5710E form under Q3 I will indicate the request for an "initial work permit with a new employer", while on Q1 of the "Details of Intended Work to Canada" section I will indicate "Open Work Permit" and on Q2 I will indicate "Bride Open Work Permit Application - Not applicable".

Under the same application, I will also submit my husband's 5710E form. His form will probably indicate "Initial work permit with a new employer" on Q3 of the general section as well since he is working with an OWP, but what will he state on the "Details of Intended Work to Canada" section? Will he have to indicate his current employer (where he is employed with an open work permit), or will he have to write something like "Open Work Permit Application under Spousal Bridge Open Work Permit Application"?

If my understanding of the BOWP is correct (meaning if there is no need for a letter from my employer) I will also include in my application a cover letter aimed to explain to the officer that I am applying for a BOWP while my husband applies for a SOWP under me, AND a copy of AOR.

Have I got this right?

Thanks again!
Do not include any information about a future or current employer in any of your OWP applications. They're called open work permit
for a reason :)
And yes, submit both applications at the same time with a cover letter and a copy of the AOR.

T.

Camq

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-2015--PCC
AOR Received.
07-2014
Med's Request
01-2015
Passport Req..
10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-2015
LANDED..........
11-2015
I received mine AOR today. (AH)
application received june 9th.

CECJune2014

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
HI All,
HI All
I have sent my application in June but i could not provide reference letter from my employer as they refused to provide the same, I tried hard but no luck, but in absence of letter i provide below supporting documents, Please suggest the chances for my approval. Docs are :-

1)Employment letter(without job duties, only title, salary and duration of job mentioned) got from employer
2)T4, NOA
3)Work permit petition(also referred the duties mentioned there) - Used this document for job duties, working on closed work permit
4) reason of not providing reference letter(email from employer)
5)All pay stubs
6) Client reference letter(mentioning job duties clearly got from client )

Please help me this.

cec14

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
lorraine313,

What happened why you striked through your info in the Spreadsheet, what's your story??

cechope

Jul 22, 2014
Hello,

Could any one please share your feed back on my below situation,

Application sent on 02nd Jun 2014
Application received by CIC on 06th Jun 2014
Fee is not yet deducted from card, but in the forum I can see many people who have submitted later, have even got AOR created.

since we cant trace the application unless AOR is created, I am not sure where it struck. In case of any discrepancies in application or documentation, do they send complete application back if so, how many days it may take because I don't know what mode the applications will be sent back. I am applicant from India. Since I have to plan for missing items (if any) so I am worried about the time that it is going to take to receive the application back.

Sorry I have to put lot many questions in one post as the situation demands.

I Appreciate your time and comments on this case.

lorraine313

Apr 10, 2014
Hi All,
I was wondering if you could help clarify something for me, as my application just got returned.

I am in Canada on a closed work permit and my common-law was able to accompany me and get an open work permit based off mine. We both want to apply for PR (we both have eligible work experience, lang test results, police checks etc.), so if we just submit one application with me as the principle and him as the common-law, do we both get PR? Is he eligible just for being my common-law? How do they know to give him PR as well as me, because the application always says "whether or not your spouse is accompanying you", how do I say, "he is accompanying me and would like PR as well"?!.

Note that we both have eligible work experience, language tests etc. so I'm not concerned about the eligibility criteria, I just don't understand whether your spouses also get PR if you do. Last time we sent 1 application each in the same envelope (demonstrating our eligibility separately) and it got rejected because we didn't double-up our payment in each others' application (e.g. I paid $550 and they said I should pay 2 x $550 because I have a spouse, and vice versa in his).

Thanks!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
lorraine313 said:
Hi All,
I was wondering if you could help clarify something for me, as my application just got returned.

I am in Canada on a closed work permit and my common-law was able to accompany me and get an open work permit based off mine. We both want to apply for PR (we both have eligible work experience, lang test results, police checks etc.), so if we just submit one application with me as the principle and him as the common-law, do we both get PR?

Yes, you both get the PR status.

Is he eligible just for being my common-law?

Yes.

How do they know to give him PR as well as me, because the application always says "whether or not your spouse is accompanying you", how do I say, "he is accompanying me and would like PR as well"?!.

Include him in the application and check that he's accompanying you and you'll be fine.

Note that we both have eligible work experience, language tests etc. so I'm not concerned about the eligibility criteria, I just don't understand whether your spouses also get PR if you do. Last time we sent 1 application each in the same envelope (demonstrating our eligibility separately) and it got rejected because we didn't double-up our payment in each others' application (e.g. I paid $550 and they said I should pay 2 x $550 because I have a spouse, and vice versa in his).

Only one application has to be submitted and the spouse has to be included in that application. Make sure to fill out all the forms that need to be filled out twice ( for you and your spouse, check document checklist and instruction guide ).

Thanks!

Hope this helps,

T.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
lorraine313 said:
Thank you for the quick reply! That is extremely helpful. Fingers crossed for attempt #2!
Ya, don't mention it. Check back in if you have more questions
and good luck!

T.

lorraine313

Apr 10, 2014
cec14 said:
lorraine313,

What happened why you striked through your info in the Spreadsheet, what's your story??
Unfortunately my application got returned. I am applying along with a common-law spouse and we submitted two separate applications as we are both eligible and that's what I thought we had to do (I didn't realise he'd get PR just for being my spouse). It got returned because we didn't double-up on the forms, for example, I paid 1 x $550, however they said that I should have paid 2 x $550 to include my spouse, and in his application they said the same to him.

It looks like (thanks for confirming Toby) that we just need to do 1 application, with me as the principle applicant and my common-law will also get PR automatically if I do. I'm going to blend our documents together as I already have everything we need, and re-send off the new application ASAP! I will return in the July applicants thread and fingers crossed for 2nd time lucky....