+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2013 online application from USA

arunsrivat87

Jun 17, 2013
Its 4 days after submission of PP... I was expecting for the USPS return tracking to be activated today.. but still not :(

Timeline:

Applied Online: 31 May
PP Request: 21 Jun
PP sent to LA: 21 Jun
PP received at LA: 24 Jun

Thumsup

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th May 2014
Doc's Request.
18th Sept 2014
Med's Done....
3rd Oct 2014
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
wating
Hi Arun...for me its 5 days since my PP reached LA office...even i was expecting the tracking id to be activated today but nothing happened :( Do you think an email to them will help....Monday is a holiday for them so if we do not hear back by tomorrow then it will be next week:((
Is there any phone no we can call and check the status?

sumitnagal

Jun 14, 2013
I have applied for visitor visa and till now there is no money has been asked to me, please anyone clarify that you have to pay anything for visitor visa or not??

My amount on online application is showing 0 as Total Price (CAD) for four members.
those who have applied and got PP, have they paid anything till now ??

My timeline applied - 6th june
PP request - 21 june
pp sent - 22 June
PP reached - 24 June

Awaiting .....

amisosman

Jun 25, 2013
sumitnagal said:
I have applied for visitor visa and till now there is no money has been asked to me, please anyone clarify that you have to pay anything for visitor visa or not??

My amount on online application is showing 0 as Total Price (CAD) for four members.
those who have applied and got PP, have they paid anything till now ??

My timeline applied - 6th june
PP request - 21 june
pp sent - 22 June
PP reached - 24 June

Awaiting .....
How come you didn't pay the fee? When I applied, the website directed me to a page where I paid the fee. Interesting.

sumitnagal

Jun 14, 2013
this is what I saw when I applied, I have applied for transit visa only
Transit Visa (for less than 48 hours in Canada) free free

link -> http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/los_angeles/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng#a4

amisosman

Jun 25, 2013
sumitnagal said:
this is what I saw when I applied, I have applied for transit visa only
Transit Visa (for less than 48 hours in Canada) free free

link ->
Oh I see, Ok it is a transit visa. I thought it was visitor visa.

Jun 19, 2013
sumitnagal - I think you are ok. I read in CIC sites and other forums that transit visa is free. $150 is for visitor visa or other TRV visas that are not transit.

arunsrivat87

Jun 17, 2013
Surprise of all surprises... very happy..!!!!

USPS return package got activated....

Timeline:
Applied Online: 31 May
PP sent to LA: 21 Jun
USPS return activated : 27 Jun late night

Will get it delivered today ( 28 Jun )

Thumsup

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th May 2014
Doc's Request.
18th Sept 2014
Med's Done....
3rd Oct 2014
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
wating
Congrats Arun :)

mine did not get activated till now :( My PP reached the ofc on June 21st...this is so disappointing

kumar1234

Jun 21, 2013
Timeline:
Applied Online: 2 Jun
PP sent to LA: 22 Jun
PP returned on 28 Jun (today) with 1 yr validity........

Thanks .....

Thumsup

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th May 2014
Doc's Request.
18th Sept 2014
Med's Done....
3rd Oct 2014
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
wating
Congrats to all those who received their PP :)
Anyone else who submitted around June 21st received it back? I am still waiting for my PP.

sumitnagal

Jun 14, 2013
mine usps is also activated "USPS return activated" for 28th June
my time line are
    • applied - 5 th june
      pp request - 21 June
      PP sent - 22 June
      PP reached - 24 June
      PP activated - 28 June

amisosman

Jun 25, 2013
I applied on 18 June for a visitor visa. They haven't requested my passport, yet my application has not been reviewed. There are 2 days off upcoming for holidays. I have to travel on July 25 at latest. Do you guys think I will be done by then?

Jun 19, 2013
I applied on June 2 for my m-in-law and no request yet. Our travel date is Jul 20 and I understand your anxiety.

I have seen one person in this forum state that they got the request in just a week. Most of the others have taken a minimum of 3 weeks and sometimes 4-5 weeks. I think your best option is to send an email to them saying 'Urgent - travel date approaching...VM#...'. I think you have a fair chance of getting the request for PP in 3 weeks and then you will still have a few weeks remaining in which to get your stamping done.

Best of luck.

amisosman

Jun 25, 2013
notherAlaskaCruiser said:
I applied on June 2 for my m-in-law and no request yet. Our travel date is Jul 20 and I understand your anxiety.

I have seen one person in this forum state that they got the request in just a week. Most of the others have taken a minimum of 3 weeks and sometimes 4-5 weeks. I think your best option is to send an email to them saying 'Urgent - travel date approaching...VM#...'. I think you have a fair chance of getting the request for PP in 3 weeks and then you will still have a few weeks remaining in which to get your stamping done.

Best of luck.
Thank you notherAlaskaCruiser. I think I will, yes, send them an email. Although what is VM# ? Is it the application number?
Also, I think they review applications in the order they receive them. So until an officer reviews the application, no one knows when is the travel date, or in my case, the conference date. I think there should be someone who would sort applications according to their urgency level.

Is there any form to fill out for faster issuing the visa, and attach it to the envelope in which passport is sent when it is requested?