sahitimyneni

Jul 2, 2013
Applied on June 11 (online)
Received email with pp request June 27
Consulate received pp June 28

waiting for return receipt activation

rakreddy

Jun 25, 2013
We applied on June 17th for a potential travel on August 1.. I was hopeful that I might make it, but now not sure..! :(

Jun 19, 2013
I know none of us want to hear this: (CTVNews dot ca article from 3 days ago)
--------------
The ongoing strike by foreign service officers could have a serious impact on Canada’s tourism industry, experts say, as the labour dispute causes a lengthy backlog in travel visa applications.

Canadian diplomats have been without a contract since mid-2011, and the 1,350-member union has been in a legal strike position since April.

In the 152 countries where a visa is required to travel to Canada, it typically takes one week to process the application. However, visas could now be delayed up to three months, as striking foreign service workers vow to increase pressure against the federal government
----------------
Gosh, no fun being victimized for their woes and cost cutting! Why don't they just ask me to pay more fees (its a paid service after all) to get it done in a reasonable timeframe (anything more than a week for a tourist visa is ridiculous).

rakreddy

Jun 25, 2013
Surprise.. Surprise.. Received passport request today.. :)

Timeline:
Online submitted: Jun 17
PP Request: July 4

amisosman

Jun 25, 2013
rakreddy said:
Surprise.. Surprise.. Received passport request today.. :)

Timeline:
Online submitted: Jun 17
PP Request: July 4
Hey rakreddy , did you receive the request email today, or yesterday? Because today is July 4th. I thought they don't work today.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
so I guess they were working from Canada CIC, not from USA, cause they were closed everything in celebration of independence day. ??

does it mean that initially they work on your application from CIC Canada and then pass this to responsible VO overseas? Thank you all.

Jun 19, 2013
Yes, that is my understanding. I am waiting for PP request and when I enquired with LA they asked me to contact CIC Ottawa. Once PP request comes in you can rely on the LA or NY consulates.
Applied June 2.

monica_lodestar

Jun 20, 2013
Applied on June 20 . No reply yet. Am so anxious that I keep checking my email every few minutes.

Based on current turn around time I should have recd the email today. Does the email with PP request come early in the AM or anytime during the day ?

Anyone who has applied around June 20 / 21 time frame got a reply yet ?