+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2013 online application from USA

amisosman

Jun 25, 2013
Hi all,

I am anxiously waiting. I am going to an academic conference in Canada, and I applied for a visitor single entrance visa online on June 18.

Is there anyone who applied online around the same time as mine?

rakreddy

Jun 25, 2013
Applied online on June 17th. Will update once I get a response. Thought the strike would delay the decisions, but based on the posts I'm now feeling I might make my trip as planned. (touchwood)!

kanchans

Jun 25, 2013
Has anyone gone personally to the embassy? Do you think it would help? We plan to leave on Fri/Sat. Today is Tue.

amisosman

Jun 25, 2013
Yeah I am also wondering about personally going to the embassy. So when they request the passport, and we go to the embassy and submit the passport in person, do they process and issue the visa faster?

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
Dear friends,

Currently, I have F-1 (Student Visa) for studying in USA and i am doing M.S in MIS.I am from india.

My VISA will expire on Jan,2017. But my passport has been expired and i successfully renewed my passport with 10 more years.

So,Now i have two passports :
Cancelled Old passport with valid F-1 Visa and
New passport renewed with 10 more years.

I would like to apply for CANADA visitor visa to attend my cousin ceremony party in canada.

So,i searched on internet "how to apply for canada visa ? " , i found your website and it will be very helpful to further process it step by step.

I am keeping my fingers crossed as to when I will get the approval...
I have only one question , When they will notify me to send passport , i need to send both passport or only new passport ??

Do we send our old passports or just the current passport ?
Do we send our old passports or just the current passport ?

Please let me know asap, it will be appreciated !

Thank you for your help :)

kanchans

Jun 25, 2013
Shockingly I just recd the missed notice from USPs today. It seems they have sent it. I'll go and pick it from post office.

kanchans

Jun 25, 2013
It was not last evening but this morning it was activated. and that's how I came to know that the mailman missed it. (And we were home , he just left postcard).

monica_lodestar

Jun 20, 2013
kachans , arunsrivastav87, sumitnagpal : Could you please share where in the USA do you reside ? I live in North California and am trying to figure out which office my online TRV application will be assigned to ( NY / LA ) ?
Are applications distributed to both offices based on geographical location or are there any other criteria ? Does anyone know ?

When I applied online,there was no indication to which office it will be assigned to, unless I missed something .

arunsrivat87

Jun 17, 2013
Hi Monica,

The online application can be processed anywhere (either of the offices LA or NY or some separate team for Online appls.). We will not be indicated regarding that. I assume they distribute randomly or what so ever process. I live in Michgan

But once there is some decision on your appl and you got request for Passport mailing, you will have option to send the Passport to either NY or LA office. You can send it to any office as per your wish.

And also as per past timelines as seen in these blogs, LA office processing after you send the Passport is FAST.

monica_lodestar

Jun 20, 2013
arunsrivastav87 : Thank you ! That clears the confusion :) Very helpful.

arunsrivat87 said:
Hi Monica,

The online application can be processed anywhere (either of the offices LA or NY or some separate team for Online appls.). We will not be indicated regarding that. I assume they distribute randomly or what so ever process. I live in Michgan

But once there is some decision for Passport mailing and you got request for Passport mailing, you will have option to send the Passport to either NY or LA office. You can send it to any office as per your wish.

And also as per past timelines as seen blogs, LA office processing after you send the Passport is FAST.

amisosman

Jun 25, 2013
sunnypambhlot: Do they issue and stamp the visa on a passport when you submit it in person after online application? If I travel to LA and submit my passport in person, do you think I can get it back in 1-2 days?