May 12th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 8th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 17th 2013
truesmile said:
We sent ours by post on May 18th. How are you all finding out yours were "received" so quickly? I'm the sponsor, (paid online my credit card), have official receipt, but unable to use CIC's check status online feature yet using 'receipt #' and either my place and date of birth nor hers (coz I'm not sure which one to use). I have yet to receive something back from CIC.
I only know mine was received because of the signed courier receipt. We should know within a month that they have officially received the documents.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
truesmile said:
We sent ours by post on May 18th. How are you all finding out yours were "received" so quickly? I'm the sponsor, (paid online my credit card), have official receipt, but unable to use CIC's check status online feature yet using 'receipt #' and either my place and date of birth nor hers (coz I'm not sure which one to use). I have yet to receive something back from CIC.
Courier or post office receipt - check their website and print off confirmation of delivery....if you mailed by ordinary mail then there is no way to trace that your package was "received"....

samjo09

May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my application to my husband yesterday. Maybe he can received that on thursday. I'm hoping that he can sent it to CIC next week. ;D

Pacifica86

Jun 12, 2012
Hi all, not sure if this is the correct thread for my question so please do refer me to the correct one if you know of one.

I am currently in the UK and exploring my options for applying to immigrate to Canada so very early on in the process. One of the options is family sponsorship. I have an uncle (mums brother) who is a Canadian citizen and is preparred to sponsor me if that is my best option. We are very close and I am visiting him this September. Reading the Canadian immigration site it says that you can sponsor someone under 18 but then it contradicts that and says you can sponsor someone regardless of age. So I am unclear as to whether there is any age limit of the person you are sponsoring? I am 25 and hoping my uncle will still be able to sponsor me.

Does anybody have any further information on this?

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
Forester2000 said:
I only know mine was received because of the signed courier receipt. We should know within a month that they have officially received the documents.
The postal tracking is your only way to know for now. You will only hear back from CIC once they process your application, which will be after around 90-100 days at the moment. I have sent mine on April 9th and the tracking said received on April 10th. No confirmation from CIC yet but I expect approval beginning July.

Spritz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I ve been on here many times before, I was finally ready... after letting my nerves get the best of me.... I havent started yet, I was ready... but I m wondering for spousal sponsership
Is it better to send it both payments 550$ and the 475$ at the same time or seperate?
And
I lost the reciept.. I went to the bank to pay 550$ Unortunately I only paid 500$, but when the bank took my money I got a reciept, I was hoping to go back and pay another 50$ to make it 550$... but, I lost the reciept, now I m scared and I need to send in my documents to get my husband here... because we are finally ready and we have waited so so so so long. So now, what do I do and can I replace it... I talked to the bank they told me that I cant get the reciept back because they sent it to cia, and cia told me to mail ottowa office a letter saying the date and amount and payers name to see if I can get the reciept back
has any one lost the reciept before and... have you ever got it back help would be greatly appreciated please

And for egypt has any one had less than 15 months ..... for processing?

luckcy

Mar 7, 2012
Spritz said:
Hi, I ve been on here many times before, I was finally ready... after letting my nerves get the best of me.... I havent started yet, I was ready... but I m wondering for spousal sponsership
Is it better to send it both payments 550$ and the 475$ at the same time or seperate?
And
I lost the reciept.. I went to the bank to pay 550$ Unortunately I only paid 500$, but when the bank took my money I got a reciept, I was hoping to go back and pay another 50$ to make it 550$... but, I lost the reciept, now I m scared and I need to send in my documents to get my husband here... because we are finally ready and we have waited so so so so long. So now, what do I do and can I replace it... I talked to the bank they told me that I cant get the reciept back because they sent it to cia, and cia told me to mail ottowa office a letter saying the date and amount and payers name to see if I can get the reciept back
has any one lost the reciept before and... have you ever got it back help would be greatly appreciated please

I am sorry to hear that you lost your receipt. I did follow the Guide 3900 to pay the fee online, $550 + $490 = 1040. At the end I printed the receipt and filled out by hand.
good luck to you.

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
Spritz said:
And

Ideally pay both fees at the same time. Maybe to avoid complications pay both fees and CIC will refund you the $500 that you paid first. That way you have a receipt about both fees paid that you can use to send with your application and CIC will later refund, possibly after you get the sponsorship approved. Take a page and explain about your wrong payment and the lost receipt and they know why you paid $500 too much.
Good luck finalizing your application.

AXH

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/ 06/2012
Doc's Request.
14/10/2012
AOR Received.
18 August 2012
File Transfer...
28 August 2012
Med's Request
May 05, 2012
Med's Done....
May 05, 2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
14/01/2013
LANDED..........
Before 05/05/2013
I have a question related to fee calculation!
we paid 75CAD$ for the application, 475 for the principal applicant, 490$ for the right or PR, and 2x150$ for two children, reading throughout the posts i have noticed that you paid 550$ for a family member of the principal applicant older than 22 years old.
My concern is who is the principal applicant? the spouse or the sponsor?? because in my understanding when you fill the forms, the state sponsor and principal applicant, so i understood that the principal applicant is the spouse????. Did i misunderstood the concept of principal applicants in this case??? if so that's mean we have to pay 550$ more!!! and if so, can we reorder a new paying form to pay the remaining??
Any feedback will be very appreciated!

luckcy said:
I am sorry to hear that you lost your receipt. I did follow the Guide 3900 to pay the fee online, $550 + $490 = 1040. At the end I printed the receipt and filled out by hand.
good luck to you.

Forester2000

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2012
AOR Received.
July 24th 2012
File Transfer...
July 24th 2012
Med's Done....
May 12th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 8th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 17th 2013
AXH said:
we paid 75CAD$ for the application, 475 for the principal applicant, 490$ for the right or PR, and 2x150$ for two children, reading throughout the posts i have noticed that you paid 550$ for a family member of the principal applicant older than 22 years old.
My concern is who is the principal applicant? the spouse or the sponsor?? because in my understanding when you fill the forms, the state sponsor and principal applicant, so i understood that the principal applicant is the spouse????. Did i misunderstood the concept of principal applicants in this case??? if so that's mean we have to pay 550$ more!!! and if so, can we reorder a new paying form to pay the remaining??
The principal applicant is the spouse not the sponsor. Are the two children accompanying the principal applicant?

AXH

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/ 06/2012
Doc's Request.
14/10/2012
AOR Received.
18 August 2012
File Transfer...
28 August 2012
Med's Request
May 05, 2012
Med's Done....
May 05, 2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
14/01/2013
LANDED..........
Before 05/05/2013
Yes, the two children (our girls) are coming with me
Forester2000 said:
The principal applicant is the spouse not the sponsor. Are the two children accompanying the principal applicant?

luckcy

Mar 7, 2012
AXH said:
sponsor is the one who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. The principal applicant is the spouse. We paid Sponsor $75, Principal applicant $475, and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490. The receipt is filled out with the sponsor's information.

AXH

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/ 06/2012
Doc's Request.
14/10/2012
AOR Received.
18 August 2012
File Transfer...
28 August 2012
Med's Request
May 05, 2012
Med's Done....
May 05, 2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
14/01/2013
LANDED..........
Before 05/05/2013
I understood like you said, and we paid the same as you plus the fee for two our children (girls) 150C$x2=300, but i saw in one message that the spouse paid by mistake 500 instead of 550$ !!!! that's why i was worried.

luckcy said:
sponsor is the one who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. The principal applicant is the spouse. We paid Sponsor $75, Principal applicant $475, and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490. The receipt is filled out with the sponsor's information.

AXH

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/ 06/2012
Doc's Request.
14/10/2012
AOR Received.
18 August 2012
File Transfer...
28 August 2012
Med's Request
May 05, 2012
Med's Done....
May 05, 2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
14/01/2013
LANDED..........
Before 05/05/2013
I still remain uncertain related to the UCI code, according to the explanations on the web page of the CIC. UCI is a code number with 8 digits 0000-0000. and you can find this code on the papers you receive upon landing by the CIC.
we filled this code with the code of Certificate of Canadian Citizenship (seven digits 0000000) and the system validated the IMM 1344 form.
Yesterday i tried to put the code found on the pay form received by the CIC (we payed at a Financial Institution, not on-line payment). the system does not accept any Letter and this code was One letter followed by 9 digits, i couldn't validate the form using this code.
I tried to validate the form putting 88888888 and it worked out (the system do accept this option).
as i understood from one of the members of this forum, after she called the CIC call center they give the option (if you do not know this code) to fill up with 8 8's and after printing it to white it out.

Since we do not have this code when my husband was landed at 1998 as a skilled immigrant, can we send this form leaving the UCI code empty (white it using a corrector??), do we have any other source to find out this code?