+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2024 - Citizenship Application

dazzlingdia2020

Star Member
Sep 20, 2020
Added your info to spreadsheet.

1. Yes, fingerprints are for clearing criminality which is part of background check. Since your BG completed already, you will not be asked for fingerprints, unless in rare circumstances when the application is pending for over a year.

2. Per IRCC, you are advised to inform them via a webform if you are going out of Canada for more than 2 weeks. In case they schedule an in-person interview (which they do for certain cases) you are supposed to be physically present in Canada. If you are outside, you can inform them about the same and request for rescheduling it after your return and mostly they agree.

3. Minors kids are exempt from BG, Test, Language etc so you wont see any progress in their tracker for any of these. It will only update when they schedule the oath for the family.
Are you sure about 2)? This is what IRCC says: https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=911&top=5
Doesn't look like you need to submit a webform if you are travelling. But travelling could be an issue if you are called for an interview while you are away. per this link, you only need to be physically present during, test, interview and oath.
If you can share the link where it says we need to submit webform if going for more than 2 weeks, would be great.

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Are you sure about 2)? This is what IRCC says: https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=911&top=5
Doesn't look like you need to submit a webform if you are travelling. But travelling could be an issue if you are called for an interview while you are away. per this link, you only need to be physically present during, test, interview and oath.
If you can share the link where it says we need to submit webform if going for more than 2 weeks, would be great.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html

Check "When to contact us" section

NMahmood

Jul 31, 2024
Canada
Good morning everyone,
I did my citizenship test yesterday (2nd October) and got 20/20, and my wife also pass the test and got 18/20,
I have a question, for me it was difficult to take ID Picture and also picture for myself, During this process my Test Invite Link time 15 Minutes expired and I have to ask for Resend the link, in 2nd attempt I was having trouble again and my wife helps me a bit for taking my picture, IS THIS A MATTER OF CONCERN? because she was in front of camera for a moment to fix the issue, but I was ALONE before I click to START the test and during all the time while I completed my test.
Please help me with your expert opinion.

Thanks and have a very good day

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Good morning everyone,
I did my citizenship test yesterday (2nd October) and got 20/20, and my wife also pass the test and got 18/20,
I have a question, for me it was difficult to take ID Picture and also picture for myself, During this process my Test Invite Link time 15 Minutes expired and I have to ask for Resend the link, in 2nd attempt I was having trouble again and my wife helps me a bit for taking my picture, IS THIS A MATTER OF CONCERN? because she was in front of camera for a moment to fix the issue, but I was ALONE before I click to START the test and during all the time while I completed my test.
Please help me with your expert opinion.

Thanks and have a very good day
As long as she was not in the camera when the test started and during the test, you should be good.