+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 outland spouse sponsorship

zaynwithay

Mar 29, 2024
Just received the COPR!!
Brother, my pre arrival didnt come yet, should I worry or wait. I dont know how it works we applied the same date. My cousin applied a month after me and recieved his pre arrival too. He recieved it pretty early. Should i be concenred? What are your thoughts. My last update is eligiblity in progress on 11th April. I think your eligibility didnt go in progress neither did it for him.

Reactions: Noorulabdeen

Noorulabdeen

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, Uk
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2023
AOR Received.
27-09-2023
Med's Request
11-12-2023
Med's Done....
26-12-2023
Passport Req..
17-05-2024
My cousin applied for his wife on 7th April, 2023. London visa office. Wife and daughter sponsored for ottawa. Recieved Pre Arrival letter today.
Insha’Allah everything works out soon!

Reactions: zaynwithay

Noorulabdeen

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, Uk
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2023
AOR Received.
27-09-2023
Med's Request
11-12-2023
Med's Done....
26-12-2023
Passport Req..
17-05-2024
Brother, my pre arrival didnt come yet, should I worry or wait. I dont know how it works we applied the same date. My cousin applied a month after me and recieved his pre arrival too. He recieved it pretty early. Should i be concenred? What are your thoughts. My last update is eligiblity in progress on 11th April. I think your eligibility didnt go in progress neither did it for him.
I would perhaps request the GCMS notes to perhaps get a better idea as to what the reason may be. But there’s no guarantee the notes will have enough information. (Save your money to be honest)

You can’t really get more information from the webform unless it’s past the minimum time. Which at present is 12 months.

I would recommend reaching out to the local Member of Parliament via email but also going in person (the sponsor who lives in Canada), they could help you at least get a status update.

I don’t think you should worry, but depending on your case and circumstances, it could take a little longer perhaps.

As your eligibility just started as of April 11, I would recommend waiting personally.

There’s been times even with our application where we had similar thoughts.

Let it run its course because there isn’t much else that can be done and you did receive a recent update. (If you hadn’t, then perhaps it may have been worth investigating further).

As your application gets in front of a human being - they do process applications in quarterly batches.

zaynwithay

Mar 29, 2024
I would perhaps request the GCMS notes to perhaps get a better idea as to what the reason may be. But there’s no guarantee the notes will have enough information. (Save your money to be honest)

You can’t really get more information from the webform unless it’s past the minimum time. Which at present is 12 months.

I would recommend reaching out to the local Member of Parliament via email but also going in person (the sponsor who lives in Canada), they could help you at least get a status update.

I don’t think you should worry, but depending on your case and circumstances, it could take a little longer perhaps.

As your eligibility just started as of April 11, I would recommend waiting personally.

There’s been times even with our application where we had similar thoughts.

Let it run its course because there isn’t much else that can be done and you did receive a recent update. (If you hadn’t, then perhaps it may have been worth investigating further).

As your application gets in front of a human being - they do process applications in quarterly batches.
Thank you, i am going to wait ut out and i didnt know about GCMS notes, hearing it for the first time. Also dont know how to reach parliament office and all but yes i am thinking maybe its different. Thought eligibility started 11th April but it got updated 29th April. There are delays in updates and I dont mind the time, i just want an idea if I'll be rejected is there a possibility after coming so far ahead. Me and my cousin did our application exactly in the same format. He is basically my brother in law. I am. Going to wait InShaAllah. Cant make it to Canada until Allah has written.

Noorulabdeen

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, Uk
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2023
AOR Received.
27-09-2023
Med's Request
11-12-2023
Med's Done....
26-12-2023
Passport Req..
17-05-2024
Thank you, i am going to wait ut out and i didnt know about GCMS notes, hearing it for the first time. Also dont know how to reach parliament office and all but yes i am thinking maybe its different. Thought eligibility started 11th April but it got updated 29th April. There are delays in updates and I dont mind the time, i just want an idea if I'll be rejected is there a possibility after coming so far ahead. Me and my cousin did our application exactly in the same format. He is basically my brother in law. I am. Going to wait InShaAllah. Cant make it to Canada until Allah has written.
I would remain optimistic - the truth is they are just slow in processing and it seems to be random - no real pattern.

Insha’Allah you’ll get through this period of hardship soon!

For you, I would ask your wife who I assume is Canadian and lives there. Ask her to find her local Federal riding, and reach out to the constituency office of the MP. They offer support, not much but can help but does require one to be proactive about it. In person interactions over email.

I don’t think it would be worth spending more money to find no real information at this time. By applying for GCMS notes. Unless it goes past the 12 months or you don’t have even a ghost update for many many months.

zaynwithay

Mar 29, 2024
I would remain optimistic - the truth is they are just slow in processing and it seems to be random - no real pattern.

Insha’Allah you’ll get through this period of hardship soon!

For you, I would ask your wife who I assume is Canadian and lives there. Ask her to find her local Federal riding, and reach out to the constituency office of the MP. They offer support, not much but can help but does require one to be proactive about it. In person interactions over email.

I don’t think it would be worth spending more money to find no real information at this time. By applying for GCMS notes. Unless it goes past the 12 months or you don’t have even a ghost update for many many months.
JazakAllah brother.

r4ngerer

Jan 17, 2024
GTA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
02-08-2023
AOR Received.
30-09-2023
Med's Request
13-01-2024
Wa’iyyak.
Hey man, congrats!

Your progressing pretty fast.

It took you like a week from pre-arrival to COPR?

My request, 3 days ago we got eligibility completed, and 2 days ago got pre-arrival services. So if going by yours, COPR and background verification completed by next week?

Noorulabdeen

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, Uk
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2023
AOR Received.
27-09-2023
Med's Request
11-12-2023
Med's Done....
26-12-2023
Passport Req..
17-05-2024
Hey man, congrats!

Your progressing pretty fast.

It took you like a week from pre-arrival to COPR?

My request, 3 days ago we got eligibility completed, and 2 days ago got pre-arrival services. So if going by yours, COPR and background verification completed by next week?
Hope so

Honestly - wasn’t expecting it! So seems random.

I was just looking at timelines for people getting PPR after getting COPR first. It’s either going to be early next week or probably two weeks ish.

Just praying for everyone here that they are united with their families soon.

Last edited:

r4ngerer

Jan 17, 2024
GTA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
02-08-2023
AOR Received.
30-09-2023
Med's Request
13-01-2024
Hope so

Honestly - wasn’t expecting it! So seems random.

I was just looking at timelines for people getting PPR after getting COPR first. It’s either going to be early next week or probably two weeks ish.

Just praying for everyone here that they are united with their families soon.
awesome man, hope i follow in your footsteps XD. So far you've pretty much have the same timeline, you've just been a week or 2 ahead.

Noorulabdeen

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, Uk
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2023
AOR Received.
27-09-2023
Med's Request
11-12-2023
Med's Done....
26-12-2023
Passport Req..
17-05-2024
Who’s in charge of the July 2023 WhatsApp group? I feel like I’ve waited just as long as my spousal sponsorship to be accepted in lool
Wasn’t even aware there was a July 2023 WhatsApp group. Please do share if it exists.