+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

lovemydoggie

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Anyone waiting for PPR, i got decisions made on 21 march but no PPR after that
I got decision made on March 21st and I’m still waiting on PPR. It can take up to several months. Unfortunately, there’s no way to predict how long it will take.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Thanks for your feedback. It's been 2 weeks after the exam and it's still the same message in GCKEY as below.
  • We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message for details
However, there is no message in my inbox lol. So I sent a webform to Beijing VO. I guess i will wait for another week. Cheers.
On the website it says that they have a backlog of medical exams to go through, so just give it some time. If your clinic says they sent it, follow up with ircc after a month.

Reactions: armoured

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I'm just worried that because of a 10 year age gap and our cultural background is different, religion is same though. I feel like they'll ask for an interview but go in with their mind made up. We provided lots of evidence, financial support on both sides, family photos, marriage photos, chats between family members, public posts (friends) on social media, beneficiary etc. etc. But, I'm just really worried as I've talked to many people in binational marriages with MENA spouses, specifically when the sponsor is a wife, that have had challenges....and takes a long time. So, I'm mostly worried based on others' past experiences...
If it will reassure you any, my wife and I have a 27 yr age gap and wasn't an issue. If you provided lots of proof of your relationship with your application you should be able to relax a bit. An interview is not a big thing if your relationship is genuine, only if they have doubts would they request one.

• Love
Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
If it will reassure you any, my wife and I have a 27 yr age gap and wasn't an issue. If you provided lots of proof of your relationship with your application you should be able to relax a bit. An interview is not a big thing if your relationship is genuine, only if they have doubts would they request one.
Hey, thanks for the response. I guess I'm concerned as the wife being older is apparently a red flag moreso than the husband being older, especially in certain cultures. :/ I'm not worried about the interview...my husband is just because things like my address or phone number he doesn't have memorized - other than that he said he can answer questions about me better than he can himself. His stress is making me stressed. I taught him English as well so he's still relatively new to the language and remembering English words for employment/addresses/schools is not easy for him. I can say the same - I know some Arabic but remembering his school names and employers is definitely challenging.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

gtd1986

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Hey everyone. Seems like progress is really being made for a lot of us after waiting for so long, and I'm sure good news is still on the way for everyone.

My question today is how long does it usually take to get a passport back after PPR? My wife sent hers in April 7, we got a GCKey update just over 2 weeks later, "Final decision - April 23, 2021: Your application was approved" :D. On the "document status" bar there is something that says counterfoil (whatever that is) as well as a document number, and a travel document number.

My wife is starting to get paranoid waiting for her passport to come back, assuming it's lost in the mail or something. I told her I'd ask my super helpful visa forum!

Thoughts??

As always, everyone's advised is super appreciated. I know this place helped keep my sanity this past year!

Reactions: lovemydoggie

Clasam 1

Aug 14, 2020
Hi
I am a PR holder and have submitted spousal sponsorship on july 20,2020. Till now we only have a temporary file number . Spouse is in india. Is there anyone in the same boat.
Thank you
I suggest u call them , because I submitted my application in June 2020 it got returned, unknow to me. I got worried in November and I called and the agent told me ooo ur file was returned some forms where missing. It took us 2 months to get it bk

Finally I submitted again March
Application received on April 10 2021
AOR ——April 23 received
Biometric request — 27th 2021
SA—— April 28th 2021
Waiting for medical
It’s really fast for those of us that submitted last month in March