+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

eratskie

Apr 6, 2021
Hi guys, can someone help me if this status shown in ECAS is a good sign and when I can expect to receive the DM. Thanks
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 10, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on March 19, 2021.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on January 20, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.

Guriwar

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
You're right but it's very unfair that some countries are being favored and their VOs are working so quickly while the rest of us who married PAs not from India or Phillipines are feeling like we have been forgotten about. We all paid the same and the transfer of files to VOs should be based on their turnover rate, so we have a somewhat fair system. Anyway this is just a rant.
From India and still waiting. If it were true, then I would've in Canada by now. Many others from my country are still waiting and some from 2018-2019. Alas! we all have to wait. Hope you and all others hear from IRCC soon.

Reactions: rrss13 and armoured

macrice

Jan 2, 2021
Manila, Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
03-06-2020
AOR Received.
19-12-2020
Med's Request
15-01-2021
Passport Req..
01-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2021
You're right but it's very unfair that some countries are being favored and their VOs are working so quickly while the rest of us who married PAs not from India or Phillipines are feeling like we have been forgotten about. We all paid the same and the transfer of files to VOs should be based on their turnover rate, so we have a somewhat fair system. Anyway this is just a rant.
From Philippines and also still waiting just like you.

• Sad
Reactions: rrss13

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Where in ECAS do you see this? We've only had an 'in process' clickable link that doesn't tell us much.
Under principal applicant. The link will change to "Application Received" once your application reaches the VO. And when they start working on it, it will change back to "application in process"

Reactions: LotusLeodis

vaidawall

Apr 13, 2021
Hello. I'm a July 2020 applicant. Biometrics and medical done, DM and pre-arrival 22nd March - no PPR yet (Ottawa VO). I have a couple of questions and I hope someone would be able to help me out:
- I've been in Canada on a visitors visa for 6months now and I won't be going back to the UK until I get my PR (visitor record extension is in progress). The original plan wasn't to stay here that long but thanks to Covid plans changed. I haven't updated IRCC to let them know my address in Canada as I still have my place in the UK and I thought if I go back to the UK then there is no need to do so. Should I let IRCC know asap even though decision is made already just waiting for PPR and I believe I will be able to send my passport to Ottawa anyway?
- We applied as common law but we actually got married a couple weeks ago (we were planning on getting married last year and the wedding got cancelled - again, thanks Covid!) so we had a small ceremony in the mountains after a year of waiting. We haven't received our marriage certificate yet (we were told it might take a few weeks) - if I don't get my PPR by then should I inform IRCC of our wedding? If so, would we need to provide any proof other than the marriage certificate?

Thank you!

Guriwar

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
My ECAS just changes to Application Received. Still no AOR 2
They won't send any email for AOR2. Just check ECAS daily, when you see in - process again click on that link. One line will be added there that "we have started processing your application on [Date]. Consider this line as your AOR2.

Good luck, hope you get it soon.

Reactions: Alexn

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
They won't send any email for AOR2. Just check ECAS daily, when you see in - process again click on that link. One line will be added there that "we have started processing your application on [Date]. Consider this line as your AOR2.

Good luck, hope you get it soon.
Thank you! Yes, i've seen a lot of people are not getting AOR2 or info about VO

Reactions: Guriwar

tiwana2555

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
JULY 22 Applicant
MP - 14 FEB, SA - 19TH FEB
Application Received - PA Side 13 April 2021

Interestingly we called IRCC and they said application is at NOVA SCOTIA and haven't sent anywhere

I know ECAS shows updates day after

So did they sent yesterday ?
Anyways good to see movement after 2 odd months

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
JULY 22 Applicant
MP - 14 FEB, SA - 19TH FEB
Application Received - PA Side 13 April 2021

Interestingly we called IRCC and they said application is at NOVA SCOTIA and haven't sent anywhere

I know ECAS shows updates day after

So did they sent yesterday ?
Anyways good to see movement after 2 odd months
"Application received" usually means the application reached the VO. Maybe the info is not updated everywhere, I don't know