+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 01, 2011 FSW Applicants_MI 3

R

RKC

brown_eyes said:
this may point out that even though your cc/bd has already been charged, it doesnt mean you are in the cap and approved for processing, am i right?
I differ on this a bit,

1) CC/BD charged = a place in the cap

2) Your papers checked to see if you qualify with respect to MI, if you do = Your case can be now put into processing.

3) If your pass mark =/> than 67, you fulfill all the minimal requirements = you get PER, your file gets transferred to VO for background, criminal, medical & security checks & they make the final selection decision.

4) If you pass the all the above VO checks = PR visa, COPR (Hurray !!!)

jijitipie

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila; noc 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July8,2011
AOR Received.
Oct6,2011
File Transfer...
Nov15,2011
Med's Request
Jan4,2012
Med's Done....
Jan12,2012
Passport Req..
May 23,2012, PP received by CEM: May 28,2012 @ 10:30am
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
Manush said:
Do one thing, go and ask them , I lost my IELTS result card. They will tell you to provide FIR for that. and you will get it easily. If you will say I have another one they will not give you.
If you have submitted original to CIC before this application, just send them xerox copy of the old one with the old file number. I guess this is mentioned in Newly introdused forms.
I guess this will help you.

hi there..hmmm..its not for me..its for westpoint cause I heard her/his orig IELts is still in CIO or
in any other locations waiting to be returned to him/her.. hmmmm ..my ielts is in the file I have sent last
july8 in CIO..but ...Im thinking of a reason on how to get another one..maybe I can tell them
that I am a renewable contract in our hospital and that Ielts is one of the main requirements for us to be renewed
as a jow.. and so on.. (just making up stories/reasons lol).. It may look like that the company has
a high standard for their applicants but its true...They are looking for IeLts and nclex(stateboard exam)
as a requirements for those contractual employees to be hired cause they want to give priority and
give them at least 2 years of contract just for a reason that they are leaving after 2 years and will be
going abroad..I might try it after a month if Its needed on my part :)

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Cappuccino said:
Makes me laugh when they say "we are only allowed to issue one personal copy of the IELTS results". They are a private body (and also I believe a registered charity), they are not owned or run by the government, and so as far as I am aware they are "allowed" to issue as many copies as they like. What they mean is "we can only be bothered to issue one personal copy of the IELTS results".

Anyway, please check here:
http://get2canada.wordpress.com/2nd-copy-of-ielts-results/

I have documented someone else getting a 2nd copy of IELTS results sent to them personally, after I told him to try quoting the Data Protection Act at the British Council, which basically means they HAVE to send you details in writing of any personal information they hold about you on their computer systems, which includes IELTS results.

Wayne.

Wayne ,

this is very good info - I am having the same problem with IDP and could not find if they have a similar data protection act which I assumed should exist - but I may be wrong. Please could you share your view ?

IDP says that a duplicate will only be issued on producing an FIR and not surprisingly, the police chaps say that they do not issue a FIR when a certificate is lost/stolen but instead it is an enquiry report form - In btwn, my TRF is with CIC and I was thinking of filing a second application but cannot keep a copy of the TRF as I am yet to hear back if it is approved/rejected along with a file no.

Sanity

jijitipie

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila; noc 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July8,2011
AOR Received.
Oct6,2011
File Transfer...
Nov15,2011
Med's Request
Jan4,2012
Med's Done....
Jan12,2012
Passport Req..
May 23,2012, PP received by CEM: May 28,2012 @ 10:30am
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
is the uk data protectiion act applicable to the philippines?what does FIR stands for?

Birror

Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2011, BD Charged 04-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER: 22-09-2011, AOR:17-10-2011
Med's Request
16-05-2013
Name: Birror
NOC:1122
VO:Tel Aviv
Date Application Sent: 4-Jul-2011
DATE APPLICATION RECEIVED: 5-Jul-2011
APP RECD BY: Mike
Mode of Payment: BD
AGENCY OR IMMIG LAYWER Y/N: Yes
Destination: Toronto

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
sanity said:
Wayne ,

this is very good info - I am having the same problem with IDP and could not find if they have a similar data protection act which I assumed should exist - but I may be wrong. Please could you share your view ?

IDP says that a duplicate will only be issued on producing an FIR and not surprisingly, the police chaps say that they do not issue a FIR when a certificate is lost/stolen but instead it is an enquiry report form - In btwn, my TRF is with CIC and I was thinking of filing a second application but cannot keep a copy of the TRF as I am yet to hear back if it is approved/rejected along with a file no.

Sanity
Hi. Please note that the Data Protection Act will only apply if the computer system on which the information is held resides in the UK. For the British Council I presume that all information is held centrally here in the UK as well as local offfices in different countries.

Personally I think only issuing 1 copy of the certificate is very short-sighted. With what is at best a grey area, at worst downright illegal, refusing to issue copy certificates with the Data Protection Act looming over their heads - I don't understand why they simply don't offer a duplicate certificate service to applicants? They could charge £20 or so, get a lot of applicants off their back and probably turn a small profit in the process.

Anyway, with IDP if you want to have any joy specifically with the Data Protection Act then you need to ensure they hold data in the UK. If they do not, then you are going to have to check the data protection laws of whichever country the data is actually held in.

Best of luck,
Wayne.

Patricia1818

Star Member
Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2.09.2011 by d.stephenson
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 05.12.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Birror my VO is also tel aviv!!!

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
jijitipie said:
is the uk data protectiion act applicable to the philippines?what does FIR stands for?
FIR I think stands for First Information Report:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Information_Report

The UK Data Protection Act to the best of my knowledge only applies to computer systems within the UK. Basically it applies to where the physical computer is sitting, which is not necessarily the same as the country the person is accessing it from.

Wayne.

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
Ravi_07 said:
Dear Sir/Madam,
An application is not considered COMPLETE until payment has been made against it.
true....but the number reflecting on cic website regarding the cap is only those applications whom they find complete. irrespective of the fact that might encash the bd even after a month. but they will encash it for sure.

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
jijitipie said:
Im so confused..those 107 in 3152 and 300 in 1122 has a complete apps? or are they included even if their cc/bd's are not yet encashed? cause basing on the members here..only 5-8 members have their cc/bd's charged?

I think my files were received on 7-13..yeah filed it late because of an error from my agency..They wrote a lot of mistakes in my apps so I have to ask them to edit it..I have not seen my files as they are the one who forwarded my package to CIO..
you are surely in the caps. and yes all applications which are complete are included in the caps list...even if their cc / bd is not charged.

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
Big O said:
First of all congrats on the good news... way to go Timhortons.

I was wondering with regards to the DD: my bank statement shows that my DD was in fact withdrawn from my account on the same date when I prepared it, i.e. before I even sent the application to Sydney (my balance was debited). What I don't understand is how do I know if my DD was in cashed by CIO if it is already debited from my account? I checked with my bank and they confirmed that it was debited on the same date.

Anyone can clarify this for me?? appreciate your answers guys,
Big O...in BD bank debits the amount from your account to make the bd. unlike cheque where amount is debited from you account only when someone submits it. in case of bd the amount gets debited from your account instantly. and to check whether it has been encashed by the one in whose favour its drawn, you have to go to your bank along with the draft copy and our identity proof.

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
Longhandle said:
Focus On "AS OF AUGUST 3 " "AS OF AUGUST 3 " "AS OF AUGUST 3 " "AS OF AUGUST 3 " "AS OF AUGUST 3 " "AS OF AUGUST 3 " :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
perfectly right longhandle.

shijoal

Feb 27, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
06-09=2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
sanity said:
Wayne ,

Sanity
that enuiry report form will do the get the trf. i have applied with it and got the trf.

pls apply with that and u will get it.

shijoal

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
nish said:
perfectly right longhandle.
I do not want to disappoint you folks here but would want to share something. Last year my app was returned as it did not make into in the CAP of 1000 then. My application reached CIC on the 28th of Oct, when the website was reflecting a count of 700. On Nov 05th they updated it as 1000 and closed the NOC for the year.
Only after 1.5 month that when I emailed them they confirmed that I did not make it into the cap, so even focusing on Aug 03rd will not help. We are all hanging by a thread. :D