Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2011
Doc's Request.
DD encashed 6-2-2012
Nomination.....
PER 23-2-12
hi forum members,

I am a potential immigrant from Karachi, Pakistan. I have got a query for you guys and will appreciate a reply in this regard.

I have got a friend who has done his "intemediate/ higher secondary school certificate/ 12th standard" as a private/external student, that means he was not enrolled in any college for the aforementioned degree . He just took the exam and passed it. He subsequently got his degree. which is recognized in Pakistan

now this person has done matriculation/secondary school certificate/10th standard as a regular student(10 years ) Also later on his Bachelors and Masters degree were from an HEC, higher education comission (Pakistani members would know this) approved university as a regular student (3+1 years). but again intermediate as a private/external student (2 years) .so essentially this adds up to 16 years of education but there is this 2 year period as a private/external student

Now I have heard a lot of immigrant consultants saying that having a private degree results in zero points out of twenty five for education and they say the immigration case is very weak ,Although a few say its not an issue with varying answers.Some say that educational years would only add up to be 14 years in this case (not counting 2 years for the intermediate degree) and thus only 20 points would be awarded. Very few say that it does not matter because the subsequent bachelors and masters degrees were as a regular student and 22 points would be awarded for 16 years of education.

what in your opinion should his education points be?

please also keep in mind that that according to the official CIC webiste the definition of full time studies is

Full-time studies: This includes both secondary and post secondary education of at least 15 hours of instruction per week during the academic year.

Would really appreciate your take on this .

Thanking in advance

P.S. also I would really appreciate if there is any successful pakistani applicant who had a similar education history to come forward with his experience . and also if someone had his case rejected because of a similar problem to share his experience

peacefull

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-09
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
11-08-2010
File Transfer...
16-02-2010
Med's Request
01-11-2012
Med's Done....
6-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inshallah
Dear Starhaider
Alhamdulillah
yesterday My Status finally got changed to "IN PROCESS" with same RVO details
Looks like , things have started to move
I wish you all the best and a very happy Eid
PLZ UPDATE IN YOUR LIST

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Transferred to London from Islamabad
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-1-15 PP received on 21-1-15
They accept full time or full time equivalent education. 15 hours per week of instructions is considered Full time education. If instructions are less than 15 hours per week then education is considered part time and its full time equivalent is considered.
EXAMPLE
You took 10 hours of instructions per week. (Part time education)
You got your degree/certificate in 3 years.
your education will be considered 2 years full time equivalent by the formula of 3 x 10/15 = 2
Technically speaking private Post secondary or Matric is not a full time education but I know someone who is in Canada with private FA degree and got 22 points in Education.

pakopite said:
hi forum members,

I am a potential immigrant from Karachi, Pakistan. I have got a query for you guys and will appreciate a reply in this regard.

I have got a friend who has done his "intemediate/ higher secondary school certificate/ 12th standard" as a private/external student, that means he was not enrolled in any college for the aforementioned degree . He just took the exam and passed it. He subsequently got his degree. which is recognized in Pakistan

now this person has done matriculation/secondary school certificate/10th standard as a regular student(10 years ) Also later on his Bachelors and Masters degree were from an HEC, higher education comission (Pakistani members would know this) approved university as a regular student (3+1 years). but again intermediate as a private/external student (2 years) .so essentially this adds up to 16 years of education but there is this 2 year period as a private/external student

Now I have heard a lot of immigrant consultants saying that having a private degree results in zero points out of twenty five for education and they say the immigration case is very weak ,Although a few say its not an issue with varying answers.Some say that educational years would only add up to be 14 years in this case (not counting 2 years for the intermediate degree) and thus only 20 points would be awarded. Very few say that it does not matter because the subsequent bachelors and masters degrees were as a regular student and 22 points would be awarded for 16 years of education.

what in your opinion should his education points be?

please also keep in mind that that according to the official CIC webiste the definition of full time studies is

Full-time studies: This includes both secondary and post secondary education of at least 15 hours of instruction per week during the academic year.

Would really appreciate your take on this .

Thanking in advance

P.S. also I would really appreciate if there is any successful pakistani applicant who had a similar education history to come forward with his experience . and also if someone had his case rejected because of a similar problem to share his experience

pakopite

Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2011
Doc's Request.
DD encashed 6-2-2012
Nomination.....
PER 23-2-12
Thanks for the reply and yes that is exactly my point . That a private intermediate is zero hours of instructions per week so its not full time study at all . so logically speaking they should award 20 points for 14 years (matric+inter+bachelors/masters=10+0+4)discounting 2 years of intermediate. And if the VO is in a good mood , awarding 22 points for 16 years of education , ignoring inter because bachelors and masters are regular degrees.

But the only concern is, what if the VO awards zero points for the whole education thingy , as many consultants have mentioned and have refused to take the case.What do you say ????

Although hearing your personal experience is somewhat of a relief :D

Azmat

Aug 16, 2010
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LDN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CHC London statics for last 12 months for MI-1 applications

# Cases processed: approve refuse %R PRV
Federal Skilled Workers (MI-1) 1,109 1,993 36% 3,573

Cases processed in months 20% 30% 50% 70% 80%

Federal Skilled Workers (months) 8 9 14 18 20 3,102

Azmat

Aug 16, 2010
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LDN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In last 12 months till 30 June 2011 following MI-1 case were processed
Total cases Processed = 22,839
Total Cases Passed = 12,229
Total Case Refused = 10,610

if we see the above figures this means that all applications will take another 2 to 3 years to processed so they might finish all MI-1 cases by 2014

Please correct me if I am wrong !

Azmat

Aug 16, 2010
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LDN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I do not understand is how does the minister say in his report that they clear all MI-1 backlog in next 2 years ?

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eemmoo1 said:
Yaar yeh CIC MI 1 ke saath soteloon wala salook kiyun kar raha hai. Jab bhi fourm daikho MI2 getting MR, 2007 getting meds or PPR1 or 2, 2004 getting MR or PPR step 1 & 2. Humain kis liya wada kiya giya tha aik saal ka, had ho gayee, lat qtr of 2011 or frst qtr of 2012, sab guzar jaey ga bus MI 1 ki kuch khair khabar nahi, even k ND applicants are moving with slow pace. April 2010 applicants from ND are getting some response from ND. But London tu aik step peecheay jata hai, kabhi Aug 2009 or kabi July 2008 applicants,
ahahahah :) Dont worry.

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peacefull said:
Dear Starhaider
Alhamdulillah
yesterday My Status finally got changed to "IN PROCESS" with same RVO details
Looks like , things have started to move
I wish you all the best and a very happy Eid
PLZ UPDATE IN YOUR LIST
Congradulation i will update your status in the next list.

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applying as a skilled worker

Applications for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Class can be submitted by foreign nationals who are skilled workers and professionals.

NEW:

The Federal Skilled Worker program has a new eligibility stream that is open to international students who are pursuing or who have completed doctoral (PhD) studies at Canadian institutions. Please read the instructions for more information.

Important:

New forms and an updated Instruction Guide and Document Checklist (IMM 5612) are now available.
Applicants should follow the new Instruction Guide when preparing to submit an application

Federal skilled worker applications received by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) after November 14, 2011 must be prepared using the updated instruction guide and Document Checklist (IMM 5612) or they will be returned as incomplete.

The CIO will continue to accept the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (IMM0008) until March 31, 2012. After that date, only the new version of the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) will be accepted and all previous versions will be returned to applicants.

Note: As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application form, please use the link to the application form below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
Dear staralihaider
kindly enter my detail in the LIST
Thanks

imransub

Oct 29, 2011
HIII MY DETAILS ARE:

Docs Sent: 20 July 2010-CHC London
2nd AOR 11th August
NOC 0631

APPROX 2 MONTHS BACK MY ECAS SHOWED "IN PROCESS" BT NOW WHEN EVER I TRIED TO CHECK MY ECAS I RCVD THE FOLOWING MSG AS I HV ENTERED THE CORRECT INFORMATION

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided.
There could be three possible reasons:
Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Transferred to London from Islamabad
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-1-15 PP received on 21-1-15
I cant find a definite answer backed by some solid proof.
You can read these recommended forum posts.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t19839.0.html;msg868573#msg868573
POST BY shan81
i am afraid u can fall in:
You completed high school. 5 points

because visa officers only accept full time studies. and private education is not full time. u also does not have any professional diploma or certification.

Full-time studies — At least 15 hours of instruction per week during the academic year, including any period of training in the workplace that is part of your studies.
POST by Kashif Nauman

Hi Khuwaja,

Dont worry about the second AOR sometimes they send it and it get lost in the post i have seen some applicants who hasnt received the 2nd AOR but there case status have been changed. Its good that your status is changed to received by visa office and then file transfer to London as well so it means they have your docs dont worry. About your spouse points you will get atleast 22 points as it is 15 yrs and more. Since she has done masters so it will cover her private B.A and will get points for 16yrs education.

Cheers
Saki

pakopite said:
Thanks for the reply and yes that is exactly my point . That a private intermediate is zero hours of instructions per week so its not full time study at all . so logically speaking they should award 20 points for 14 years (matric+inter+bachelors/masters=10+0+4)discounting 2 years of intermediate. And if the VO is in a good mood , awarding 22 points for 16 years of education , ignoring inter because bachelors and masters are regular degrees.

But the only concern is, what if the VO awards zero points for the whole education thingy , as many consultants have mentioned and have refused to take the case.What do you say ????

Although hearing your personal experience is somewhat of a relief :D

pakopite

Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2011
Doc's Request.
DD encashed 6-2-2012
Nomination.....
PER 23-2-12
thanks salmanahm:)

Skan

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
5 months have passed since i got my 2nd AOR & my new file number, but my new file number is still not opening in online status check, anyone with the same situation?