+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job title is NOC C but tasks are NOC B. What is the NOC?

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
My friend's job title is Customer Service Agent (call center) which is NOC C. However, he is taking calls for cable technical support, and tasks are for repair and support which is NOC B.

How will my friend make sure that the job experience counts as NOC B and not C? He only has the email job details from the company. There is no job description during his new hire orientation and it does not show on his certificate of employment should he ask for it. Is there a way that this can be documented as NOC B?

Thank you.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
My friend's job title is Customer Service Agent (call center) which is NOC C. However, he is taking calls for cable technical support, and tasks are for repair and support which is NOC B.

How will my friend make sure that the job experience counts as NOC B and not C? He only has the email job details from the company. There is no job description during his new hire orientation and it does not show on his certificate of employment should he ask for it. Is there a way that this can be documented as NOC B?

Thank you.
Job titles don't matter.
It's the duties written in the required work reference letter that matter. He should specifically ask for duties to be written.
If his duties match a Category B NOC, then all is fine.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

Generally, job title does not matter, only the lead statement and the job duties/responsibilities. However, customer service at a call center is a red flag for NOC C, and the VO will look closely at this. Who is he talking calls from? The retail customer? or other service/repair technicians? If he wants to post the job duties and responsibilities here, we can give an opinion...

The job duties/responsibilities must be in the letter of reference he obtains from his employer. That is the primary evidence that IRCC uses to determine NOC.

If the employer refuses to put it in the letter, he has to write a letter of explanation and provide proof of their refusal (e.g. if they refuse in an email, you have it in writing), and then provide alternative documentation (the email with job details).

Reactions: IceD.

dharma1

Jul 15, 2020
Hi,

I have done 1-year experience in India and my job title is in NOC C but most of my job responsibilities are completely matching with NOC B. They are stated in employment experience letter. I have submitted my experience letter with job title (NOC C) while applying for a study permit and now I want to apply for PR and if I add my experience the points are increasing. My only concern is about the job title should I contact and ask my employer to change the title or I can proceed with the same letter.

Ex: Title: Audit clerk and it is in NOC C but Job responsibilities are matching to Bookkeeping clerk and it is in NOC B.

please help

Thanks in advance!!

Hitesh1992

Dec 22, 2020
Hi,

I have done 1-year experience in India and my job title is in NOC C but most of my job responsibilities are completely matching with NOC B. They are stated in employment experience letter. I have submitted my experience letter with job title (NOC C) while applying for a study permit and now I want to apply for PR and if I add my experience the points are increasing. My only concern is about the job title should I contact and ask my employer to change the title or I can proceed with the same letter.

Ex: Title: Audit clerk and it is in NOC C but Job responsibilities are matching to Bookkeeping clerk and it is in NOC B.

please help

Thanks in advance!!
Yeah I also have the same concern. I have worked as a sales associate for 2 years which is NOC C but it has the same roles as Key Account manager which is NOC B. Kindly advice.