+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Documents For Application

sss-aaa

Jun 9, 2017
Hi,

My mother is applying for a visitor visa to visit me this summer and she has her own business in her country which she has also listed it in her application form (IMM5257 - Employment section).
My question is whether she needs to provide any document regarding that in her application or not.
Because there isn't any section for that and I am not sure if they are going to ask for that later or not (the reason that I am asking this is when I applied for my own student visa, they asked me for another explanation letter about my research in my previous institute after I submitted my documents).

Since she cannot provide the official documents regarding that in a short time, I want to exclude this from her application in case of possibility of asking for documents. What do you suggest?

Thanks for your time.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Your situation for your study permit was different from that of your mom's.

For her TRV, if her employment/business is a reason for her return to her home country + if her business finances will pay for her visit then she must demonstrate she has an active business.

For example, business registration documents + business tax returns + business bank statement + 2-3 proofs that her business is actively trading. More documents could be added depending on the nature of the business. The ones I've mentioned are the basics

Cheers

Reactions: sss-aaa