+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2024 - Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Akaur07

Apr 1, 2024
Hello,

I hope everybody is doing well.

I am asking the members to help me. I am in a very difficult situation.

I applied for my wife Canadian PR under family category (Spousal case outside Canada) on January 8th 2024. It has been more than 7 months and there has been no update on the application since then. I have not received the AOR even. The portal status reads 'Submitted' since submission and the only email received from IRCC was confirmation of submission.

I reached out to a local MP and IRCC informed the local MP that a Medical and biometrics request has been sent. However, I have not received anything on either my email or my wife's email. Is there anyone who can help us understand what is going on? I applied on this portal https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/ for my wife. I created a new account here for her and kept her the applicant and submitted all necessary information and documents. Yet there has been zero movement on the file.

Is there anyone who can help understand what maybe going through

Would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank You!
Have you created a Gckey account and Linked your application? You have to do that to access your application and see all the updates.

Akaur07

Apr 1, 2024
Hello,

Can you guide me how to do that? Thank You!

watch the end of this video from 17:33 to link with Gckey. Found this detailed and helpful. Just try to follow these steps, there are 2 ways to track your application, Gckey is most accurate and that's where you receice the letters.

Bilalranjha

May 19, 2018
Hello,

Thank you for this information. I was able to link to the PR tracker. As per its status, a biometric request was sent on April 30th. However, I did not receive any request in the email. Now, what should I do? Also, I created the GC Key and tried to link my application but it wouldnt pull the file. I tried 5 times and now I cant link it with GC key for next 24 hours.

Also, there is no information on AOR yet. Only request was biometrics. What should I do next? Should I call IRCC?

I really appreciate you helping me out.

Thank You!

Curious005

Apr 11, 2023
Hello,
PR Portal isn't reliable at all, please link your application to GCkey. Please watch this video carefully at
(Go to 15:00) and try it out.
About the PR portal, I have received my passport after stamping but as per the portal my background is still in progress. I linked my application to GCkey today, showing everything was completed on June 14th.

Bilalranjha

May 19, 2018
Hello Curious005 and Akaur07,

I have successfully linked my application to GC key account. However, there is no update yet on it and it reflects as if the application was submitted today. I supposes, I will only get the updates from now onwards instead of previous missed updates.

There seems to have been a Biometrics and Medical requests sent which was missed. Now, should I raise a webform and inform IRCC about the missed Biometrics and Medical and ask for another request.

Thank You!

Akaur07

Apr 1, 2024
Hello Curious005 and Akaur07,

I have successfully linked my application to GC key account. However, there is no update yet on it and it reflects as if the application was submitted today. I supposes, I will only get the updates from now onwards instead of previous missed updates.

There seems to have been a Biometrics and Medical requests sent which was missed. Now, should I raise a webform and inform IRCC about the missed Biometrics and Medical and ask for another request.

Thank You!
Yes you should inform about your situation right away by raising a webform to ircc. You can even attach a screenshot of summary of your Gckey account so that you can better explain that you are waiting for further updates on the request to be received.

Kaursingh

Star Member
Mar 4, 2024
My timeline:

Submitted: January 7, 2024
AOR: still waiting
PA: India

we haven't received any update after submission, it has been more than 3 months now and is very disheartening, is there anything we can do to check status? Is it normal to take more than 3 months for receiving AOR?
Have you got aor ?

Venkat778990

Aug 12, 2024
Hello all,

Sponsor: PR
Application submitted: Jan 25th, 2024
AOR: Feb 16th, 2024
Medical: Completed
Biometrics: Completed
Criminality: In Progress
Background check: In Progress
Eligibility: Not Started
Sponsor elibility: Passed on Apr 24th, 2024

GCMS notes say application was transferred to New Delhi on Jun 9th, 2024
Application tracker last updated on May 23rd, 2024 and not new updates since then. Is anyone is the same situation?

Venkat778990

Aug 12, 2024
Hi, Hope you're doing well. I submitted on the same date. Any progress with your application?

Same, my timeline:
Submitted: January 26, 2024
AOR: Feb 17
BIL: Mar 6
ELI: Mar 7
Bio given: April 1
Background check: in progress
No medical request yet :( anyone else on board?

Sai_01

Jul 26, 2024
Hello all,

Sponsor: PR
Application submitted: Jan 25th, 2024
AOR: Feb 16th, 2024
Medical: Completed
Biometrics: Completed
Criminality: In Progress
Background check: In Progress
Eligibility: Not Started
Sponsor elibility: Passed on Apr 24th, 2024

GCMS notes say application was transferred to New Delhi on Jun 9th, 2024
Application tracker last updated on May 23rd, 2024 and not new updates since then. Is anyone is the same situation?
What’s the primary and secondary VO on gcms notes ?

socolameltong

May 2, 2024
Same, my timeline:
Submitted: January 26, 2024
AOR: Feb 17
BIL: Mar 6
ELI: Mar 7
Bio given: April 1
Background check: in progress
No medical request yet :( anyone else on board?
Hi Huy, is your local VO Ho chi minh city, did you order GCMS yet? I am sure you have received medical by now?

Yeto

Apr 20, 2022
Hi everyone, please I need some advice. It's been 5months of waiting for medical, we haven't received any news since March the we had the biometrics. Should I be worried or is it normal?