+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2021 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

manavmudgal

Sep 9, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have just recevied an email from IRCC headlined "Information about Fxxxxxxxxx Correspondece ID 2-xxxxxxxxxxx" stating that this is to confirm that application to sponsor a family member has been received on Date on behalf of the following member - Name of the Principal Applicant........

Can I consier this as an AOR1... And if Yes, I am still unable to link my GC key with it despite trying N number of permutations and combinations including the instructions mentioned on the spreadsheet which is being floated around in this forum every now and then....

Any suggestions..... Thanks....
First make sure you are inputting all the information correctly. Eg if you are selecting UCI and Application Number and trying to link PA, it must be PA's UCI and not SA. Also, the most common mistake people make which I made as well is inputting 1 as no of people included in the application instead of 2 (you and your spouse).

sarveets

Nov 26, 2020
There is no rhyme or reason for when they are grabbing them. People that submitted last summer are waiting. I guess we have to look at it like a lottery at the moment. Whomever is drawn is drawn. Each step is going to be frustrating if we look at what everyone else is doing. I am frustrated with those that got their SA, where I haven't and they sent their applications in after me. I just have to step back and say it will happen when it happens. Every one has different circumstances, different locations for sponsor, different locations for PA, and different processors with their own way of doing things. Patience is indeed needed.
I have a temporary file number but that's as much as I know. We all share in the frustrations together and it is nice to know we are not alone in this. My fingers are crossed for everyone

sarveets

Nov 26, 2020
So, please let me know if I am getting this wrong. According to the posts this guy put up and their supporting pics/docs, there are 51 decision makers and with a 2:1 ratio of supporting staff, approximately 100 workers for a total of 150 ish spousal applicant workers. The new 62 workers will add maybe 50 to spousal ish because it said that the new staff will be "primarially dedicated" to outland sponsorship. Therefore, 200 ish (215 max and if the guy is right about the 24 overseas, then it's about 240-250 max unless they too have the 2:1 ration, which would make it go to 300 max) workers total for spousal sponsorships.

Another post shows that they have 10,254 employees (adding the 62) which makes our spousal applicant workers as just over 2% of the staff, so why are we designated as such a small percentage?200-300 to process thousands. Doesn't seem right or fair.

And just because they were there:
and are greatly appalling. No wonder our apps are sitting just waiting for so long.
what confuses me is why is there still paper application? people would be able to work from home if everything was electronic.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
what confuses me is why is there still paper application? people would be able to work from home if everything was electronic.
I believe they've made announcements several times that indicate it's in the works.

Short form, though, it's probably not as simple as it sounds. Keep in mind that although it seems like 'spousal sponsorship' (leaving out other family, dependents, PGP, etc), it's actually a few different kinds with different documentation requirements.

But yes, definitely something they should move to and probably are planning to do. (And then as soon as it happens everyone will complain anyway)

pinx09

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
AOR1: Feb 25
Biometrics: March 11

if I receive biometrics, does that mean my SA approval is almost complete? Please advise
There seems to be no specific order in which IRCC is doing thier work but it seems like you are close. Most people are getting thier Bil,SA, AOR and medical requests within days of each other. I got my my SA soon after my Biometrics request. Hang in there! Good luck!

Reactions: canadaoutlander

canadaoutlander

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
There seems to be no specific order in which IRCC is doing thier work but it seems like you are close. Most people are getting thier Bil,SA, AOR and medical requests within days of each other. I got my my SA soon after my Biometrics request. Hang in there! Good luck!
Thanks.

canadaoutlander

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
My ECAS says decision made for SA. But I didn’t receive an email. Do I need to wait for the letter or I will get an email as well?
App received: Feb 3
Biometrics, Medical: March 11
SA (Decision Made in ECAS): March 12

Reactions: kittenlover

pinx09

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
My ECAS says decision made for SA. But I didn’t receive an email. Do I need to wait for the letter or I will get an email as well?
You will get an email if thats your main mode of communication...I got mine a few days after Ecas showed decision made as well.

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
App received and AOR are same dates for me. Hoping I get biometrics and SA as quick as you

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Hi there,

I'm kinda/sorta new here lol.

Anyways, I just wanted to share where I am at with my spousal sponsorship application. I'm not familiar with the acronyms that are generally used, but anyways...

- Jan 24 : sent application package via Canada Post to Case Processing Centre, Sydney, NS
- Jan 28 : application received by CIC
- Mar 4 : PA (my spouse) rec'd a letter re: application for PR to submit BF (that's my fault lol)
- Mar 5: Sponsor (me) submitted payment, and sent payment receipt via IRCC Webform
- Mar 5: Sponsor (me) received a confirmation email that application was rec'd on Jan 28
- Mar 6: Sponsor (me) successfully linked application to PA's (spouse) account
- Mar 8: Sponsor (me) received email from stating that I've met the requirements for eligibility as sponsor, and that PA's application for PR will be forwarded VO for further Processing.
xx

canadaoutlander

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Hi there,

I'm kinda/sorta new here lol.

Anyways, I just wanted to share where I am at with my spousal sponsorship application. I'm not familiar with the acronyms that are generally used, but anyways...

- Jan 24 : sent application package via Canada Post to Case Processing Centre, Sydney, NS
- Jan 28 : application received by CIC
- Mar 4 : PA (my spouse) rec'd a letter re: application for PR to submit BF (that's my fault lol)
- Mar 5: Sponsor (me) submitted payment, and sent payment receipt via IRCC Webform
- Mar 5: Sponsor (me) received a confirmation email that application was rec'd on Jan 28
- Mar 6: Sponsor (me) successfully linked application to PA's (spouse) account
- Mar 8: Sponsor (me) received email from stating that I've met the requirements for eligibility as sponsor, and that PA's application for PR will be forwarded VO for further Processing.
xx
Did you SA approval has Visa office name? In my email it just said application will be forwarded for further processing.