+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
I think it’s normal. I did not received the AOR2 and I did not have any updates for exactly 10 months... They strarted to move on October 9th for my case.
Where are you from? Did they transfer your application to another VO? What about the biometric? Did you link your application to your GCkey account?
What updates have you got after 10 months? I mean how did you figure they started moving with your app again?

Thanks,

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
On October 9th my status changed from « application received » to « decision made » then they asked for my passport on October 13th, and today I saw on my GCkey account that my application have approuved.
Wow congratulations! Happy for you. Good luck with next steps.

Reactions: TOli

Dream_2020

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Mine also went on PA side from in process to application received a month ago. I'm Paris VO. Jan 31 AOR1. There's no way to tell what's next. Some people get AOR2 after that and it changes again from application reçeived to in process. Others go directly to DM. It depends on your VO and Case Processing Officer, I guess.
ok many thanks.........Good luck

May 28, 2019
Hello,
Is there any specific duration one can request in the Visitor Record? Please advise.
Example - can we request to extend our stay in our visitor record application for additional 9 months (after completing the initial 6 months on TRV) or any max. duration for the extension to approve smoothly?
Thanks in advance

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
In my understanding, Visitor records are normally issued for extra 6 months (normal allowed time for visit visa). But if you have genuine reasons for extended stay, you can ask for that ....like health issues for travelling, pregnancy, even Covid. Its better to Keep a LOE with your application stating the request and the reason!! It may get approved but solely depends on the Visa officer..

Reactions: nitin.krishnatri