+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
If anyone here is in the know or has had a similar experience please advise me. My work permit is about to expire next month. My application timeline says 14 weeks left to finalize my application (85%). I have already applied to extend my current WP, the application was sent in on August 31. I'm tracking it but it's still not showing up as being received. An IRCC agent searched and could not find it either. I've raised a web form but no response yet.
My AOR is October 2020 and since then have not had any updates on my application.
Do you think there are any chances that IRCC will finalize my application before my WP expires? This is cutting it kind of close.

dhavalmungra

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Hi friends,

Has anyone of you applied for a Bridging Open Work Permit?

Link 1) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html
Link 2) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/after-apply-next-steps.html

Link 1 says that the applicant must be approved in principle (AIP) for permanent residence - applicant will need a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements whereas Link 2 says that the applicant will need the letter called “Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) – Application for permanent residence” to apply for a bridging open work permit.

After receiving an AOR, can we apply for a bridging open work permit? or do we have to wait for AIP?
Can any of you please let me know which of the above two web pages' information is correct?

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
How many days it took to get PR card in mail, once IRCC informed it has been mailed. Kindly share details.

Last edited:

haohaohao87

Jan 26, 2021
Guy, I just have a question. My friend submitted PR application in Dec 2019, and got AOR Feb 2020. But about 6 months ago, she found one silly document checklist mistake, and requested an revision through webform. Since then, she's not having the application outcome. Last phone call to call centre in Aug, the agent confirmed all passed, not started security. Recently, they do not pick up the call due to Afghanistan issue, and not available to check application status. Do you think that her application is having some problems? I am looking forward to hearing from your thoughts.

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Guy, I just have a question. My friend submitted PR application in Dec 2019, and got AOR Feb 2020. But about 6 months ago, she found one silly document checklist mistake, and requested an revision through webform. Since then, she's not having the application outcome. Last phone call to call centre in Aug, the agent confirmed all passed, not started security. Recently, they do not pick up the call due to Afghanistan issue, and not available to check application status. Do you think that her application is having some problems? I am looking forward to hearing from your thoughts.
how are we supposed to answer this without knowing what the mistake was? FYI i have the same timeline. Applied Dec 6, 2019, AOR February 2020.

haohaohao87

Jan 26, 2021
how are we supposed to answer this without knowing what the mistake was? FYI i have the same timeline. Applied Dec 6, 2019, AOR February 2020.
She mistakenly checked on doc checklist that she has more than five dependents . But she doesn't.

Del34

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
I just got ADR from Winnipeg. Should the bank statement be stamped or can we send them the online ones?