Dev27

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
Finally got PPR!

FSW-O
VO Montreal

01/13/2020 AOR
01/29/2020 Medical passed
08/05/2020 Eligibility passed (according to GCMS notes)
01/20/2021 medical expired
01/28/2021 medical extended
02/08/2021 PPR
Congratulations.I am in same boat medical about to expire 13th Feb but extend for 1 year (IRCC agent told me) USA resident. Did you get the med extended in you account ?

TedLA

May 12, 2020
Congratulations.I am in same boat medical about to expire 13th Feb but extend for 1 year (IRCC agent told me) USA resident. Did you get the med extended in you account ?
Thanks! Hope you'll get PPR soon.
In my account, it shows "January 28, 2021 You passed the medical exam". So I think it was extended on that day, but I don't know how long it was extended for.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone!

I, finally, have some progress to share with you guys.
I received my latest batch of GCMS notes today. I ordered them because I wanted to confirm what an IRCC agent told me on the phone two months ago regarding the approval of my application on the 1st of October 2020.

My AoR date is Jan 20, I'm FSW-O and my VO is CPC Ottawa (sadly), I still haven't received PPR or any communcation of that kind from IRCC. I just call them from time to time or request GCMS notes to check on the progress of my application.

As per the notes, I found out that while in the assesments section it does say "FINAL: APPROVED", and that the file was indeed approved on the 1st of October, the medicals however, due to expiry Jan 3rd 2021, weren't extended. As such counterfoil says "Valid To: 2021/01/01.

Does it mean that my COPR is considered expired?
Can someone shed a light on this matter pretty please? Any recommendation on what should I do pro-actively on my end?
@legalfalcon
Thank you in advance!
If you see approved, then yes your application would have been approved. Also, check if your application status is closed or open. If it is open, then your COPR was never generated, even though it was entered in the system.

The dates have expired, and when a new COPR will be issued, new dates will be entered for it.

Reactions: midorin8

Muraha

Dec 20, 2019
Hi. Dear @legalfalcon,
I have got my remedical request today, does this mean my application is at the last stage of review (everything else is passed)? A few weeks ago the eligibility was met only. Aor jan, 20.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi. Dear @legalfalcon,
I have got my remedical request today, does this mean my application is at the last stage of review (everything else is passed)? A few weeks ago the eligibility was met only. Aor jan, 20.
During the processing of your application, your medicals have to be valid. If your meds expire, they will be sent for reassessment and based on that you will b asked to re-do them to they may be extended.

Are you an inland applicant?

Muraha

Dec 20, 2019
During the processing of your application, your medicals have to be valid. If your meds expire, they will be sent for reassessment and based on that you will b asked to re-do them to they may be extended.

Are you an inland applicant?
No.I am outland.
My first meds expired in December 19. The next day in EE profile I got GU and the massage "you do not need medical exam".

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
No.I am outland.
My first meds expired in December 19. The next day in EE profile I got GU and the massage "you do not need medical exam".
Most likely your meds have been sent for reassessment.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello everyone!

I, finally, have some progress to share with you guys.
I received my latest batch of GCMS notes today. I ordered them because I wanted to confirm what an IRCC agent told me on the phone two months ago regarding the approval of my application on the 1st of October 2020.

My AoR date is Jan 20, I'm FSW-O and my VO is CPC Ottawa (sadly), I still haven't received PPR or any communcation of that kind from IRCC. I just call them from time to time or request GCMS notes to check on the progress of my application.

As per the notes, I found out that while in the assesments section it does say "FINAL: APPROVED", and that the file was indeed approved on the 1st of October, the medicals however, due to expiry Jan 3rd 2021, weren't extended. As such counterfoil says "Valid To: 2021/01/01.

Does it mean that my COPR is considered expired?
Can someone shed a light on this matter pretty please? Any recommendation on what should I do pro-actively on my end?
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
Thank you in advance!

At PPR stage IRCC will check if your medicals and passport are still valid. Before PPR is sent the details of an applicant's COPR, its expiration and the PR visa are input into the GCMS system. The COPR and PR visa cannot be issued by IRCC beyond the validity of the applicants passport or medicals, whichever expires first.

Reactions: midorin8

Rishi_Vyas

Feb 11, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

I had been a silent member till now. My AOR is 10th Jan 2020, under EE FSW-O (India), CPC- Ottawa. In my profile, I am the main applicant and my Spouse as a dependent. Your kind Guidance into the below matter will really help me.

When we applied, my spouse already had a Canada Work Permit Visa (From her organization) but she was working from India itself. After we applied, She had to immediately go to Canada based on the Work Permit Visa which she already had. Currently I am awaiting my PPR and she is already working in Canada (on her work permit). The Plan is that when we receive the PPR, I will submit the passport to India and she will submit her PP at Canada (for COPR).

My question to you is - Is there any way where we can give an update to IRCC regarding my Spouse's current work at Canada ? Will it help in speeding up the PPR process ?

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I had been a silent member till now. My AOR is 10th Jan 2020, under EE FSW-O (India), CPC- Ottawa. In my profile, I am the main applicant and my Spouse as a dependent. Your kind Guidance into the below matter will really help me.

When we applied, my spouse already had a Canada Work Permit Visa (From her organization) but she was working from India itself. After we applied, She had to immediately go to Canada based on the Work Permit Visa which she already had. Currently I am awaiting my PPR and she is already working in Canada (on her work permit). The Plan is that when we receive the PPR, I will submit the passport to India and she will submit her PP at Canada (for COPR).

My question to you is - Is there any way where we can give an update to IRCC regarding my Spouse's current work at Canada ? Will it help in speeding up the PPR process ?

Thanks
When your spouse moved to Canada, you should have inform the change of Country of Residence. If you have not so, then you should do it. When you receive a PPR, your will have to land first and become a PR, before your spouse can be issued a COPR. Your spouse will not need to send the passport as she is in Canada and only needs a COPR and not a PR visa.

As regards the PR, IRCC is continuing to send COPRs to inland applicants on regular basis. Given that you have a PR application in process, and that your spouse in currently in Canada, during the final review a Field Operations Support System (FOSS) check is done to determine your current immigration status in Canada for all individuals in the application. During this it will be clear that your spouse is a TR in Canada.

However, you should inform IRCC of the change of CoR if not done so for your suppose.

midorin8

Dec 2, 2019
First of all thanks to everyone who replied!

At PPR stage IRCC will check if your medicals and passport are still valid. Before PPR is sent the details of an applicant's COPR, its expiration and the PR visa are input into the GCMS system. The COPR and PR visa cannot be issued by IRCC beyond the validity of the applicants passport or medicals, whichever expires first.
If you see approved, then yes your application would have been approved. Also, check if your application status is closed or open. If it is open, then your COPR was never generated, even though it was entered in the system.

The dates have expired, and when a new COPR will be issued, new dates will be entered for it.
I see. Indeed, the application status is still open even though the "FINALIZE APPLICATION" section has mentions, for each member of the family, of counterfoil/COPR with expired dates (but the status read: not started). So according to you, these shouldn't be taken into account because valid COPR is yet to be issued.

If I understand correctly, I just need to wait for IRCC to issue a remedicals request, right? Or is there a chance that they could extend my already expired meds?
I've also read that applicants in similar cases do remeds by themselves to speed up the process instead of waiting, I understand the logic behind this move but it's still a (costly) shot in the dark.
I wonder what's the best course of action...

lisananana

Feb 11, 2021
Hey @legalfalcon (or anyone else who may be able to answer this - please do)

I'm FSW Outland from Pakistan. AOR was Jan 27, 2020.
VO - Ottawa

My GCMS notes show the following:
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed - Expired
Info Sharing: Complete

The last updated note (from 2020/05/21) says 'Ready for Approval'

I completed my upfront medical exam on 11 June, 2019 (before my AOR).

My IRCC profile currently has the following status with regards to my medical results:
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
I have the following two queries:
1. As per the IRCC guidelines, medical results are supposed to be valid for one year. Is this one year validity period counted from the date of the actual medical examination (11 June, 2019 ) or the date that it was uploaded on the portal (with the AOR Jan 27, 2020, in my case)?

2. If they are counted from the date of the actual medical exam, then it is my understanding that they cannot be extended beyond 6 months (which time period has already passed in my case). Hence, I will inevitably have to retake medicals before I can travel to Canada.
If this is true, I would want to expedite that process and preemptively retake medical exams before IRCC gets around to requesting me for one. Will that be possible?
I got the exact same message. "from 2020/05/21 *OFFICER REVIEW* Ready for Approval
Ottawa VO. My case is still open. Not updates since then. MY AOR is JAN, 2020. I'm Outland from the US

Punk6

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
I got the exact same message. "from 2020/05/21 *OFFICER REVIEW* Ready for Approval
Ottawa VO. My case is still open. Not updates since then. MY AOR is JAN, 2020. I'm Outland from the US
Seems like we are at the exact same stage of processing at the same VO.
Have your medicals expired too? If yes, have you received any communication regarding them from IRCC?

lisananana

Feb 11, 2021
Seems like we are at the exact same stage of processing at the same VO.
Have your medicals expired too? If yes, have you received any communication regarding them from IRCC?
I did not receive any communication about my medicals. How to find out whether your medicals expired?