+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
How do you find out application status? Does my husband (the sponsor) or me (PA) set up an account? I think it said an account can be made up with a bank ID or a Key? Do we need to a case or identification number before setting an account up? This is very confusing and we would appreciate any help. Thank you.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I

Im not sure but I found this information on cic site:
Temporary exemption: Applying in Canada

If you are applying for a visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence in Canada – you are exempt until the in-Canada service is established.
I've done a bit of a research. Here it is:

Note: There is a temporary public policy exemption for in-Canada applicants. More specifically, foreign nationals who are eligible to apply from within Canada would normally provide their biometrics as part of an application or request for

• a temporary resident visa (TRV)
  • a work permit or study permit
  • a temporary resident permit
  • permanent residence
However, since there is currently no biometric service delivery network within Canada, these applicants are exempt from the biometrics requirement until such time as the public policy is lifted. Applicants who apply from within Canada, but whose applications are not eligible to be processed from within Canada, are not covered under this public policy exemption. Those applicants are required to leave Canada in order to submit their biometrics as part of their application.

I might be wrong interpreting this, but as I understand if you are an in-land applicant, then you are exempt from providing biometrics. But for those who applied as out-land but currently being present in Canada, they will have to leave Canada to provide biometrics.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
How do you find out application status? Does my husband (the sponsor) or me (PA) set up an account? I think it said an account can be made up with a bank ID or a Key? Do we need to a case or identification number before setting an account up? This is very confusing and we would appreciate any help. Thank you.
You need to use this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Choose "Continue to GCKey", create your username and password (as you would do registering on any regular website), follow the suggested steps, and your account is ready.

Does my husband (the sponsor) or me (PA) set up an account?
Some folks suggest it does not really matter who creates an account: a sponsor or PA. But if there's no difference for you, then I'd say stick with a PA for more consistency.

Do we need to a case or identification number before setting an account up?
You don't need an ID to set up an account.

After you've done all of this, in your account you'll see a link saying "Add (link) your application to your account". Click on it, under Category choose Permanent Residence, then choose your sub-category, and then you will have to use one of the combinations to find your application. If you don't know your UCI and application number, the only available combination for you is first/last name.

And finally when you link you application, you will see all status changes there, and all communication with CIC will go through this account.

Please note you will not be able to link an application until CIC start working on it. Based on your timeline, you'll need to wait for another 10 days or so.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
An update for my post above: even if your sponsor creates an account, when linking an application he will need to use your (PA's) information, such as your name, your UCI, etc..

If you still have questions, feel free to ask, we're happy to help :)

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
An update for my post above: even if your sponsor creates an account, when linking an application he will need to use your (PA's) information, such as your name, your UCI, etc..

If you still have questions, feel free to ask, we're happy to help :)

Thank you very kindly for this information Alaria. We used a representative for this process so can we still link an application to our account?

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Thank you very kindly for this information Alaria. We used a representative for this process so can we still link an application to our account?
No, with a representative you can't link an application. Only a representative can do that.
I'd say if you have a representative then no need to worry at all. They will tell you everything what you need to do. That's their job :)

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
No, with a representative you can't link an application. Only a representative can do that.
I'd say if you have a representative then no need to worry at all. They will tell you everything what you need to do. That's their job :)
Adding to what @alaria said, if you feel your representative is not doing a good job at keeping u updated immediately, you can always opt out of one by filling a specific form for removing a representative and sending it via the webform option, after which you can link it to your account

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Adding to what @alaria said, if you feel your representative is not doing a good job at keeping u updated immediately, you can always opt out of one by filling a specific form for removing a representative and sending it via the webform option, after which you can link it to your account
That is right, but usually to hire a rep costs thousands of dollars (4-5 thousand), and it's non refundable or just partly refundable. So hiring a rep and opting out right away is a bit expensive :)

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016

Thank you both Alaria and Krissh for your help. I have anxiety so I can't help but want to know immediate updates.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I would kindly request all Jan applicants to keep updating their spreadsheets as soon as they receive AOR so others can keep track on estimates for their AORs thanks! :)