+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
If the update of the forms was major, there is a high chance of an application to be returned, sorry. @Krissh2179 can you please suggest? :)
I really hope they dont return your application because some people in the past have not had it returned even if theirs were old forms but yes not using updated forms can be a reason for application to be returned. No notice of grace period for either of the forms the OP mentioned so I am assuming it were minor changes. Hopefully you get an understanding officer. Always send updated forms whenever possible and like @alaria has said umpteen times too ‘check’ until the last day before sending your package if you have the updated form especially important ones like OP mentioned.

erinennis26

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2019
LANDED..........
27-08-2019
I really hope they dont return your application because some people in the past have not had it returned even if theirs were old forms but yes not using updated forms can be a reason for application to be returned. No notice of grace period for either of the forms the OP mentioned so I am assuming it were minor changes. Hopefully you get an understanding officer. Always send updated forms whenever possible and like @alaria has said umpteen times too ‘check’ until the last day before sending your package if you have the updated form especially important ones like OP mentioned.
Thanks for the thoughts, hopefully the IO will be kind. Otherwise, we followed all the directions (I believe!) and we organized everything very concisely with table of contents and everything.

Reactions: Krissh2179

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Can someone help to understand?
If it's this year application, it's too early for any emails for Feb applicants, even AOR. And what does "approved" mean?
The first email would be SA, as that’s the line you get when you pass sponsorship approval. The second email would be AOR1.

Are you applying outland? They feel more like inland processing times.

Now you have those details you can use the application number to link to a GCKEY account:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Could you check what it says on this site?

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Use the sponsors details and the application number from the second email.

Edit: I can see your brother is sponsoring his wife from Lebanon. If it is Outland then you must have one eager case worker :p
I'm wondering if she was actually listed as a non-accompanying dependent on a prior successful PR application. If so, that would explain the faster processing times, from what I've seen around here.

Reactions: JoshC

PrateekVatsyana

Jun 10, 2016
Hi All ,

Once clarification , I have not filled Use of a Representative Form As i was thinking since we are filling the form ourself we do not need it ...Was it necessary for me to fill ?
Because call Centre Agent told me that I did not fill use of a representative form and hence i do not have full access to file .
Can someone guide

Regards,
Prateek

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I'm wondering if she was actually listed as a non-accompanying dependent on a prior successful PR application. If so, that would explain the faster processing times, from what I've seen around here.
Hi @schweisy . You reply makes me ask another question. I was picturing the process of IRCC working on applications as follows: they're getting dozens of applications per day and putting them into a pile. And then they take them from that pile on a first-came-first-served basis. In other words, I thought they don't even open a package until they get to it in a queue, wwhich takes around 50-60 days now. That's why I believe my application still lies somewhere on a floor under a thin layer of dust :D and no nobody get to it yet.

But your theory means they actually open and check applications immediately, and then decide whether to work on them or postpone. But in this case they would send all incomplete applications back right away, not waiting for 2 months, wouldn't they? So I'm confused :)

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Hi @schweisy . You reply makes me ask another question. I was picturing the process of IRCC working on applications as follows: they're getting dozens of applications per day and putting them into a pile. And then they take them from that pile on a first-came-first-served basis. In other words, I thought they don't even open a package until they get to it in a queue, wwhich takes around 50-60 days now. That's why I believe my application still lies somewhere on a floor under a thin layer of dust :D and no nobody get to it yet.

But your theory means they actually open and check applications immediately, and then decide whether to work on them or postpone. But in this case they would send all incomplete applications back right away, not waiting for 2 months, wouldn't they? So I'm confused :)
I suspect there's more to the process than they would tell us or anyone can guess. :) I would not be at all surprised if they do open all the mail as it comes in and sort it based on the type of application, but they don't actually go through it page by page and check if it's complete or not until they start really working on it. And it seems the non-accompanying dependent pile might just be the one they work through fastest. :D

Reactions: JoshC and alaria

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Hi All ,

Once clarification , I have not filled Use of a Representative Form As i was thinking since we are filling the form ourself we do not need it ...Was it necessary for me to fill ?
Because call Centre Agent told me that I did not fill use of a representative form and hence i do not have full access to file .
Can someone guide

Regards,
Prateek
It's a little of a strange situation, but if you are the sponsor and call with a question that has anything at all to do with the primary applicant's application, they will not give you that information unless you fill out the form to be a representative for your spouse. That is why they will not give you access to the details of the file. You can still fill out this form and upload it through the Webform now though.

LostinSpace

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
A few questions that I'd appreciate help with...

1) Is there a reason to create and link accounts now that we have a UCI and Application Number? What is the benefit? Are we not going to receive updates via email since we entered that anyway on the forms?
2) At which point can we put in a work permit request for my wife, I'm assuming after her PR gets approved since we did Outland?
3) Where would we need to do the medical exam as she is American? Can it be done in Canada (we live together here), or do we have to go to the States for that?
4) Biometrics, she's done her FBI background check already (provided results with the initial application); what more would be expected here?

Thanks to any info you can provide.

PrateekVatsyana

Jun 10, 2016
Than
It's a little of a strange situation, but if you are the sponsor and call with a question that has anything at all to do with the primary applicant's application, they will not give you that information unless you fill out the form to be a representative for your spouse. That is why they will not give you access to the details of the file. You can still fill out this form and upload it through the Webform now though.
thanks but how come first information was recieved by me like first Application Number and Uci number they sent on my email and i am sponsor

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Than
thanks but how come first information was recieved by me like first Application Number and Uci number they sent on my email and i am sponsor
That's normal. You don't need to be a representative to receive that information as it pertains to your application as the sponsor.