+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
There is an active conversation going on about this in December forum. I strongly recommend you to go through the final few pages of the forum.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship.600483/page-85
That is so true :D

@jb9419 , but I can tell you the result of that conversation to save your time: don't go anywhere during the time your application is on process if you are a permanent resident. Especially don't go for long leaves, like more than 1 month

Last edited:

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
I haven’t received sponsorship approval yet. They sent biometric, i guess sponsorship is approved but they haven’t updated it yet. Will check tomorrow again. I am checking ecas with my uci and her uci and her cic account daily 3-4 times. No idea about non accompanying member.
Hi Vinitmenon, Thanks for your update. I am quite confused about linking applications. In my GCKEY account, if I want to link the sponsorship application, do I need to enter my UCI and Application number ( that we received from AOR for sponsorship)? How did you know your spouse UCI? I remember, AOR has sponsor UCI. Please let me know. Thanks

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hi Vinitmenon, Thanks for your update. I am quite confused about linking applications. In my GCKEY account, if I want to link the sponsorship application, do I need to enter my UCI and Application number ( that we received from AOR for sponsorship)? How did you know your spouse UCI? I remember, AOR has sponsor UCI. Please let me know. Thanks
I suppose you're a sponsor and your spouse is a PA. So if your spouse never applied for a visa or never contacted CIC before in any way, you will not know UCI at this stage. You can use all other combinations that don't require UCI when trying to link an application.

if I want to link the sponsorship application, do I need to enter my UCI and Application number
No, it should be PA's UCI. An application number is same for both of you.

Reactions: Missionquebec

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
I suppose you're a sponsor and your spouse is a PA. So if your spouse never applied for a visa or never contacted CIC before in any way, you will not know UCI at this stage. You can use all other combinations that don't require UCI when trying to link an application.
Thank you, Alaria. I have just linked application into her account. Yes, I knew her UCI as her application has processed under "non-accompanying" member during my PR process. I was curious about how other people got UCI as AOR did not have UCI.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Hi
I was declared as a non accompanying dependant before my husband left for Canada. I had done my medicals as requested in July 2018. My husband is now sponsoring me and we have sent all the necessary details as requested and expect the file to reach by 21st Jan (as per the tracking records)
Just wanted to check of how long would the entire process take since i was already added as a non accompanying dependant.
My wife case same as yours. Please update if you got special treatment in this process.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Hi everyone, my partner and I applied in January 2019. Our application was received on January 24th. My partner is Canadian and I am a British citizen. We both currently live in China.

I'm having difficulty with filling out the Excel document. Could somebody kindly send me the link to edit my information onto it?

We're also not quite sure which local visa office I will be assigned to should our application be accepted. London or Shanghai?o_O

Any information with regards to any of the above queries would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance! Good luck to everyone applying!
The country for your application process will be decided based on your residence address. If you mentioned China address in your sponsorship application, your VO office would be in China. Mine was done in that way.

vic1028

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
TUNIS, TUNISIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
08-03-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
04-11-2019
LANDED..........
14-12-2019
Here's hoping that we hear more frequent AOR posts on this forum from the 26th of Feb onward!!! Keeping the positivity alive here wooo!:D

shaikh125

Mar 12, 2012
Hey guys need some help her.. Just a simple question my wife is in Pakistan right now (outland) she also recently got her work visa for dubai and she is planning to move there till the spousal sponsorship application is processed. Right now we are gathering all the required paperwork to complete the file and submit it to Mississauga office by mail (I suppose that's where the the application is sent). So basically I have 2 questions, 1) Who needs to send all the documents via mail do I send it from here in canada or she has to send it via courier/mail service from Pak?
And if she has to send it from there what is better if she waits till she is in dubai first then send it from there or just send it from Pak before she leaves for dubai? Does it helps to speed up the process if she will be technically a resident of dubai?

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Just a quick update on my application status:

Application received: Jan 3, 2019
AOR1: Feb 25, 2019

CIC account linked: Feb 25, 2019
BG status: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

http://canadapronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/PR_App_Stages.pdf

THE ABOVE LINK WILL EXPLAIN THE MEANING OF "BG" status messages, NOT FOR TIME-FRAME.

This BG status message reflects "IP2" stage ( last stage). PA has been processed as "non-accompanying member" during my PR process and her medical exam valid until April 2019. Thus, they directly started her BG check. Any other views? Please share.
Thank you

Last edited:

sohrabp

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Just a quick update on my application status:

Application received: Jan 3, 2019
AOR1: Feb 25, 2019

CIC account linked: Feb 25, 2019
BG status: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

http://canadapronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/PR_App_Stages.pdf

This BG status message reflects "IP2" stage ( last stage). PA has been processed as "non-accompanying member" during my PR process and her medical exam valid until April 2019. Thus, they directly started her BG check. Any other views? Please share.
Thank you
Congratulation