n/a
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17-05-2016
LANDED..........
17-05-2016
mega_option101 said:
Assuming you are not missing any documents, and that you sent in the police certificate.

If they have any doubts, then the next step after this would be an interview. If all is well and this part is waived (interview), then you would get your PPR for visa.

Time-line wise - it will depend on your VO. However, I would not be surprised if it could take 4-6 months from this point. You have a little more waiting to do. The quick parts are now done, the rest is all waiting.
Hey!

Thanks very much for the info! Appreciate it.

I've already submitted the Police Certificate and had a lawyer check my docs before I submitted, so I hope all would be in order!

Good to hear, thanks :)

AG317

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
Doc's Request.
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-12-2015 Re-Done 23-03-2017
Passport Req..
31-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2017
LANDED..........
20-04-017
Hey Guys, I am just curious, you know how CIC changed the way they process applications in 2016.
The way I understand it, Vo's that aren't as busy and used to have super fast procesing times now work applications from overloaded Vo's.
That being said, I know Lima used to be only 7 months, it was one of the fastest.
I am just wondering if anyone NOT from Lima got sent to that VO
We are trying to figure out if maybe they got slower due to more work, or if we can still count with the same speed in processing as last year.
Thank You!

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
louise8118 said:
You should get acknowledgement of receipt and sponsor approval within 7 weeks then it is a long wait after that. Look at the spreadsheets of applicants ahead of you to get some idea how long your particular visa office is taking. Good luck!
My lawyer is saying it will take about 3-4 months to hear from cic.. I applied on jan 22, 2016.. And nothing yet heard.

ai_hopeful

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
04-03-2016 SA 09-03-2016 AOR2 17-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
HRK said:
My lawyer is saying it will take about 3-4 months to hear from cic.. I applied on jan 22, 2016.. And nothing yet heard.
For us January 2016 batch it took about 40 to 50 days to get the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipient), and then SA (Sponsorship Approval) arrived a few days or a couple of weeks later. AOR and SA are sent to sponsor. Then another email or letter we called AOR 2 will be sent to the principal applicant (PA)... mine came a few days after SA.

You can see my timeline under my name. You can see others’ timelines in the spreadsheets under my signature.

Nope... it doesnt take 3 4 months to hear from CIC.

AG317

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
Doc's Request.
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
31-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2017
LANDED..........
20-04-017
Hey Guys, I found this in another forum and thought i would post it here as well!

"Good Day Folks,

I am starting this thread just to bring more light between the OLD IN PROCESS and the NEW IN PROCESS on Ecas.

APPLICATION RECEIVED:

This status on Ecas used to appear when the VO was checking the application fees were paid, All sponsorship forms were dated and signed, all the supporting documents were present ( If not, they could request any missing document) at this stage they used to check the qualitative of your file. Usually the Officer who received people's files when they came fresh from CPC Ontario will do everything we just mentioned above and put a 3 months BFD on your file to be reviewed by another officer and placed it in a queue, Then send AOR2. some VO did not even send AOR2. After 3 months an officer will open your file again and begin to do some work, your ecas still showing APPLICTION RECEIVED. The first thing that officer will do is to work on Eligibility between the SPONSOR and PA. The officer will pay close attention on age differences, religious background if the relationship is ongoing, no red flag, or fake documentation, the officer will check if the quantitative and qualitative of docs you sent. If you happened to order your GCMS at this point you will see ELIGIBILITY: IN PROGRESS, and Ecas would displayed

We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000

Even if medicals were done at this point, lots of people's applications back then did not displayed Medical Received at this stage on Ecas. when the officer approved your Eligibility at this point, your Ecas would show IN PROCESS and if your were to order your GCMS Notes would then show ELIGIBILITY: PASS. It is a sign that there would not be an interview. the case was not over yet.

IN PROCESS: We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000
We started processing JON DOE'S Permanent Residence Application on 01.03.2000

At this point the officer will request SECURITY checks and CRIMINALITY checks to other government offices who are responsible to do so. at this point no matter how long your file would take it was not the VO's fault neither yours but CSIS. Just to add flesh to the bone, let's say you requested your GCMS 4 months after your application went IN PROCESS, you might see at any page pertaining to SECURITY/CRIMINALITY would have S.15 (1) or S.19 (1) on the right top corner. Sometimes CRIMINALITY Checks may come back quickly and the officer would updated your file and keep waiting for Security.Then your GCMS will show.

Eligibility: Pass
Criminality: Pass
Medicals : Pass

Sometimes they may hid Security Checks even if it is finished according to Subscription 15 (1) for international affaires and defense. If the RPRF is not paid and the officer did not want to extend your Medicals if they were expired, he/she will issue a request for those document, even PPR. Some people reported seeing on GCMS Notes

Security : Pass
Medical : In progress or Pass

DECISION MADE:We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000
Medical Results have been received
Decision has been made on your application and the office will contact you in writing about this decision

At this point when Ecas displayed Medical results have been received which was the 3rd line, any applicants used to know that their application were almost done.

Back then Decision made without re- medical, Medical request or PPR was a sign of rejection and a good number of people used to know that their applications were rejected until they received their decision made letters to be double sure. Things have changed so much and will keep changing.

The NEW IN PROCESS has replaced the old status called APPLICATION RECEIEVED if it says:

IN PROCESS: We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000

This way you are not off of the interview's hook yet, they just update your Ecas with those 2 lines they will only show the date they started processing your file when Eligibility passes and background checks have then begun. You will mostly likely see the third line after months and months when your file has matured for PPR and ready for a decision. Hopefully this helped

Warm Regards and good luck"

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 26th,2016-AOR2 May 3rd,2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hoping for August 2016!!!
Hello All,

I am just curious as on my ECAS on the PRINCIPAL APPLICANT SIDE it only has 2 lines. It states Medical Results have been recieved and We recieved your application on January 8th, 2015 and that is all.... They transfered our application to the VO after recieving SA on February 26th and I have not yet recieved AOR2. Is it possible that my application still is not at my VO in Mexico City? It has been over a month

jmcrizzle

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2016, AOR2 01-04-2016
File Transfer...
03-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17-05-2016
LANDED..........
17-05-2016
countrygal said:
Hello All,

I am just curious as on my ECAS on the PRINCIPAL APPLICANT SIDE it only has 2 lines. It states Medical Results have been recieved and We recieved your application on January 8th, 2015 and that is all.... They transfered our application to the VO after recieving SA on February 26th and I have not yet recieved AOR2. Is it possible that my application still is not at my VO in Mexico City? It has been over a month
Hey,

I'm not 100% sure the answer since I'm a bit new to the process.
However, I can let you know when we did ours, they said they transferred it on March 3rd, and we got the "3rd line" on April 1st.

So it looks like it can take a month easily, probably depends on the VO. From what I've been reading its it varies all over the place.

Hope that helps with a bit of a comparison my my experience!

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 26th,2016-AOR2 May 3rd,2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hoping for August 2016!!!
jmcrizzle said:
Hey,

I'm not 100% sure the answer since I'm a bit new to the process.
However, I can let you know when we did ours, they said they transferred it on March 3rd, and we got the "3rd line" on April 1st.

So it looks like it can take a month easily, probably depends on the VO. From what I've been reading its it varies all over the place.

Hope that helps with a bit of a comparison my my experience!
Thank you for your response! Mine has been about a month and 2 weeks since they transferred my file. Hoping to get that 3rd line soon!

Deffy2016

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2016
AOR Received.
SA received March 15 2016
File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
Hello guys,

My application for sponsorship has been approved and under the PA side, we have two lines
1) we received your application on January 22nd 2016
2) we started processing your application on March 24th 2016.

My question is if it is normal that they started processing my application when it doesn't show that medical results have been received? I did the medical upfront in November and the results have been sent to CIC already. Can anyone help me out with a response from your experiences and maybe previous threads you came across?

Thanks and good luck to all

Raheel16

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Deffy2016 said:
Hello guys,

My application for sponsorship has been approved and under the PA side, we have two lines
1) we received your application on January 22nd 2016
2) we started processing your application on March 24th 2016.

My question is if it is normal that they started processing my application when it doesn't show that medical results have been received? I did the medical upfront in November and the results have been sent to CIC already. Can anyone help me out with a response from your experiences and maybe previous threads you came across?

Thanks and good luck to all
This is normal. Same case with me. PA side doesn't have "Medical results have been received" even though Medical was done upfront. However, it does have "We received xxxx's application for permanent residence on January 12, 2016. "We started processing the application on March 17, 2016"

SA side:

Application received on Jan 12, 2016
AOR received on February 24, 2016
SA: March 9th, 2016

AG317

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
Doc's Request.
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
31-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2017
LANDED..........
20-04-017
Raheel16 said:
This is normal. Same case with me. PA side doesn't have "Medical results have been received" even though Medical was done upfront. However, it does have "We received xxxx's application for permanent residence on January 12, 2016. "We started processing the application on March 17, 2016"

SA side:

Application received on Jan 12, 2016
AOR received on February 24, 2016
SA: March 9th, 2016
That's so weird! My SA side doesn't show SA even tho the file has already been received by our VO and PR side shows medicals but doesn't show we started processing

sammanne

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
hyderabad,india
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with pplication
File Transfer...
06-03-2015
Med's Request
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 2016
Dear Forum Members,

I have landed in Canada on March 12th as a permanent resident.I have declared my husband and 2 children in my application but didnt process for them.Now I am planning to apply for them under family class sponsorship.

My doubt is should I also submit PCC for myself.

Deffy2016

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2016
AOR Received.
SA received March 15 2016
File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
Thank you Raheel16. I am happy that there is someone like me. I read from another thread that "we have started processing your application" is a good thing because it shows that they are working on background checks and other things. I hope it is right. Thanks for responding and good luck.

can_tur

Mar 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
07-04-2016 (AVO)
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
I received an e-mail today from Ankara visa office asking for additional documents. I have a few questions to those who have experienced a similar situation:

1) They ask for an updated FBI clearance certificate. It takes almost 4 months to get this document. However, they give you only 60 days to send the requested documents. Is it OK if we send everything else but the FBI certificate and include a copy of the application to FBI (copies of application form, fingerprint card) and a print out of the tracking page saying that the application was delivered to FBI?

2) They ask for proof of cohabitation: Leases in US, utility bills showing both of our names. We only have scanned versions of our leases since we moved to Turkey last summer and got rid of the originals during the big move. Will they accept print outs of these scanned leases? None of our bills have our names together, however, we both have bills to the same address individually. Is this OK?

3) They ask for proof of financial interdependency (joint bank account, money transfers etc.) Can we include receipts of money transfers?

Thanks and good luck to everyone with their applications!

Tahiti2012

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA-MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Oct 06, 2016
LANDED..........
07/11/2016
AG317 said:
Hey Guys, I found this in another forum and thought i would post it here as well!

"Good Day Folks,

I am starting this thread just to bring more light between the OLD IN PROCESS and the NEW IN PROCESS on Ecas.

APPLICATION RECEIVED:

This status on Ecas used to appear when the VO was checking the application fees were paid, All sponsorship forms were dated and signed, all the supporting documents were present ( If not, they could request any missing document) at this stage they used to check the qualitative of your file. Usually the Officer who received people's files when they came fresh from CPC Ontario will do everything we just mentioned above and put a 3 months BFD on your file to be reviewed by another officer and placed it in a queue, Then send AOR2. some VO did not even send AOR2. After 3 months an officer will open your file again and begin to do some work, your ecas still showing APPLICTION RECEIVED. The first thing that officer will do is to work on Eligibility between the SPONSOR and PA. The officer will pay close attention on age differences, religious background if the relationship is ongoing, no red flag, or fake documentation, the officer will check if the quantitative and qualitative of docs you sent. If you happened to order your GCMS at this point you will see ELIGIBILITY: IN PROGRESS, and Ecas would displayed

We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000

Even if medicals were done at this point, lots of people's applications back then did not displayed Medical Received at this stage on Ecas. when the officer approved your Eligibility at this point, your Ecas would show IN PROCESS and if your were to order your GCMS Notes would then show ELIGIBILITY: PASS. It is a sign that there would not be an interview. the case was not over yet.

At this point the officer will request SECURITY checks and CRIMINALITY checks to other government offices who are responsible to do so. at this point no matter how long your file would take it was not the VO's fault neither yours but CSIS. Just to add flesh to the bone, let's say you requested your GCMS 4 months after your application went IN PROCESS, you might see at any page pertaining to SECURITY/CRIMINALITY would have S.15 (1) or S.19 (1) on the right top corner. Sometimes CRIMINALITY Checks may come back quickly and the officer would updated your file and keep waiting for Security.Then your GCMS will show.

Medicals : Pass

Sometimes they may hid Security Checks even if it is finished according to Subscription 15 (1) for international affaires and defense. If the RPRF is not paid and the officer did not want to extend your Medicals if they were expired, he/she will issue a request for those document, even PPR. Some people reported seeing on GCMS Notes

Security : Pass
Medical : In progress or Pass

DECISION MADE:We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000
Decision has been made on your application and the office will contact you in writing about this decision

At this point when Ecas displayed Medical results have been received which was the 3rd line, any applicants used to know that their application were almost done.

Back then Decision made without re- medical, Medical request or PPR was a sign of rejection and a good number of people used to know that their applications were rejected until they received their decision made letters to be double sure. Things have changed so much and will keep changing.

The NEW IN PROCESS has replaced the old status called APPLICATION RECEIEVED if it says:

This way you are not off of the interview's hook yet, they just update your Ecas with those 2 lines they will only show the date they started processing your file when Eligibility passes and background checks have then begun. You will mostly likely see the third line after months and months when your file has matured for PPR and ready for a decision. Hopefully this helped

Warm Regards and good luck"
Thanks for the information. It is a big help for us. God bless you.