AOR Received.
28-feb-14
File Transfer...
3-mar-14
Med's Done....
28-jan-14
KTCYYZ said:
hi guys.
when you get passport request, it also tells you to send airbill.
is the airbill supposed to be prepaid?
Hello... no they didn't request airbill.
Only passport and additional docs are requested.

tworegtdi

Feb 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KTCYYZ said:
hi guys.
when you get passport request, it also tells you to send airbill.
is the airbill supposed to be prepaid?
You mean waybill? I included a waybill from DHL so they can courier my passport back. I chose the "receiver pay" option, which means I will pay the courier charge when I receive my passport

Minicooper

May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-10-2014 Police certificate
File Transfer...
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
dmae said:
hi to all. anyone here who is january applicant but no sponsor approval yet or any update about the application ? coz i am :( and it upsets me :( any help :'(
I would call them. I am a January applicant now, however I already applied in early October originally. We didnt hear anything back for weeks either. Then we got an email end of December only because we had called them weeks prior what was going on, they actually said they lost the package when we spoke to them on the phone. However, in the email they informed us they send our package back to our old address (even before we spoke to them on the phone they had shipped it, though nobody could tell us then). So it was at the postal office for more than a month already! Therefore we lost a lot of time, we were actually misinformed by a CIC member to whether a specific taxform HAD to be in the application or not, that's why it got send back.

I would check your address on file, did you move in the meantime? If so, call the postoffice it should have been brought to.
Either way I woul for sure call them cause I'm pretty sure they have to answer you because the 4 weeks have gone by already. Good luck!!!

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
tworegtdi said:
You mean waybill? I included a waybill from DHL so they can courier my passport back. I chose the "receiver pay" option, which means I will pay the courier charge when I receive my passport

Sorry. You are correct, I meant waybill.
Frustrating that they specify how to fill the waybill and not to send funds for the courier but do not specify if it has to be prepaid or not....
If I sent it without checking prepaid... Should I send another one or can they check sender pays box themselves?

By the way, the instructions link specifies it has to be EMS courier if shipped domestically from within China and DHL if from outside of China. They do not list UPS or FedEx. Hope this doesn't affect you.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/china-chine/visas/waybill-connaissement.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

tworegtdi

Feb 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KTCYYZ said:
Sorry. You are correct, I meant waybill.
Frustrating that they specify how to fill the waybill and not to send funds for the courier but do not specify if it has to be prepaid or not....
If I sent it without checking prepaid... Should I send another one or can they check sender pays box themselves?

By the way, the instructions link specifies it has to be EMS courier if shipped domestically from within China and DHL if from outside of China. They do not list UPS or FedEx. Hope this doesn't affect you.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/china-chine/visas/waybill-connaissement.aspx?lang=eng&view=d
My girlfriend lives here with me in Toronto so we used DHL, it should be fine according to their website. I wish I could answer your question but really it depends on the VO.

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
tworegtdi said:
My girlfriend lives here with me in Toronto so we used DHL, it should be fine according to their website. I wish I could answer your question but really it depends on the VO.
Oh I see, you are in Toronto already. Lucky you. Just curious,if you send your passport and if God forbid, the VO requests interview how can you fly for the interview?

Do you know any other websites with information dealing with China (VO Beijing). This website is great but not too much info on applicants from China...

It's great to have another person processing in the same VO and similar timeframe. Good luck.

tworegtdi

Feb 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KTCYYZ said:
Oh I see, you are in Toronto already. Lucky you. Just curious,if you send your passport and if God forbid, the VO requests interview how can you fly for the interview?

Do you know any other websites with information dealing with China (VO Beijing). This website is great but not too much info on applicants from China...

It's great to have another person processing in the same VO and similar timeframe. Good luck.
That will certainly complicate things, I heard at least for BJ office, once they request passport, it means interview has been waived, I'm hoping that is the case.

Do you read Chinese? I find this forum useful as well: http://forum.iask.ca/forums/%E5%9B%A2%E8%81%9A%E7%A7%BB%E6%B0%91.66/

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
tworegtdi said:
That will certainly complicate things, I heard at least for BJ office, once they request passport, it means interview has been waived, I'm hoping that is the case.

Do you read Chinese? I find this forum useful as well: http://forum.iask.ca/forums/%E5%9B%A2%E8%81%9A%E7%A7%BB%E6%B0%91.66/

really?? most likely interview waived? then this means it is almost for sure approved!!!

I cannot read Chinese. I am Canadian but my wife is in China.
I know this website but it does not open in China : (

Best of lucks to you! I hope you get the visa before the end of summer

jazmine eisha

Feb 26, 2014
mrsjamie said:
Hello... no they didn't request airbill.
Only passport and additional docs are requested.

hello po, last na po na tanong.. hehe.. ung sa sponsorship apllication status nyo DM na po db? pag na open nyo po un ano nakalagay? ilang numbers po? tas ung sa permanent residence application status ano po nakalagay sa inyo? tas pag na open nyo pilang numbers po ang nakalagay at anu ano po un? maraming tnx po..:)

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
jazmine eisha said:
hello po, last na po na tanong.. hehe.. ung sa sponsorship apllication status nyo DM na po db? pag na open nyo po un ano nakalagay? ilang numbers po? tas ung sa permanent residence application status ano po nakalagay sa inyo? tas pag na open nyo pilang numbers po ang nakalagay at anu ano po un? maraming tnx po..:)
Hello po,
can you please post in English so everybody can follow of your conversation? Maybe someone here has, or will have the same questions as you and would benefit the exchange of information.
If you are not confident to post in English, I encourage you to use the personal messaging feature of the forum so you and mrsjamie can continue the conversation in Tagalog.
There is also: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-family-class-timeline-manila-visa-office-philippines-t40680.0.html which is exclusively in Tagalog where you can ask questions in your language.
Thank you for your understanding.

tworegtdi

Feb 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KTCYYZ said:
really?? most likely interview waived? then this means it is almost for sure approved!!!

I cannot read Chinese. I am Canadian but my wife is in China.
I know this website but it does not open in China : (

Best of lucks to you! I hope you get the visa before the end of summer
Thanks! Hope a speedy process for both of us. BJ office supposedly is one of the fastest processing post around the world. From what I read from the other forum, most people receive CORP within the month after PPR. Hope for the best.

alicexyz

Mar 9, 2014
Hi Everyone!

I just want to introduce myself and say hello! My boyfriend and my application are a bit different than the usual. We're outland applicants but we are both living in Japan although I'm Canadian and he's American. We are planning to move back to Vancouver soon. The fact that we are common in law and that we had to have all our "proof" translated make us very nervous! We hope we can get his visa soon!

Here is our info so far:

Visa Office: CPP-Ottawa
App Filed: Jan 3, 2014
Medical Done: Nov 16, 2014
SA Approval: Feb 4, 2014

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
alicexyz said:
Hi Everyone!

I just want to introduce myself and say hello! My boyfriend and my application are a bit different than the usual. We're outland applicants but we are both living in Japan although I'm Canadian and he's American. We are planning to move back to Vancouver soon. The fact that we are common in law and that we had to have all our "proof" translated make us very nervous! We hope we can get his visa soon!

Here is our info so far:

Visa Office: CPP-Ottawa
App Filed: Jan 3, 2014
Medical Done: Nov 16, 2014
SA Approval: Feb 4, 2014
Welcome Alice! I'm hoping you hear from Ottawa soon, hopefully within the next 3 months! I'm also with the Ottawa office. Where in Vancouver are you moving to? I'm in Toronto right now but thinking of moving out there when my Husband gets his PR.

alicexyz

Mar 9, 2014
Zarilenth said:
Welcome Alice! I'm hoping you hear from Ottawa soon, hopefully within the next 3 months! I'm also with the Ottawa office. Where in Vancouver are you moving to? I'm in Toronto right now but thinking of moving out there when my Husband gets his PR.
Hi Zarilenth! I have family in Coquitlam, a suburb of Vancouver so that's where we will go first. We are not sure where we will move to afterwards. I guess it will depend on where our jobs will be. I hope you'll hear back from Ottawa soon too!

mrsjamie

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEManila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-14
AOR Received.
28-feb-14
File Transfer...
3-mar-14
Med's Done....
28-jan-14
Hello furomates, after calling the dhl last Thursday. Finally, got my visa...
They have also returned my applucation package and proof of relationship,

Have a nice weekend to all...