Please add your wife to the link!

Best
Done.

Added my wife - she applied Jan 20th.

Cheers and appreciate the support.

Kenyadian!

hedgehog

Jun 21, 2014
Yes, the status was updated prior to receiving the letter.

maidentower said:
congrats! After the received line disappeared. Has there been any update on ecas after u receved the letter?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all, how many jan/2014 applicants have received test invite so far?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hedgehog said:
Yes, the status was updated prior to receiving the letter.
Congraz
did u ever join this google doc?
share with us if you dont mind, thanks
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqi6FPDNYK_xdGplaHhxWFhVQkxFTjB5LUZ2anU2clE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
kenyadian said:
Hi Scientist,

I sent my application on the dot of 1095 days and was RQ'd. However my application was processed pretty quickly and from submission to taking the oath took a little over 12 months.

See my timeline in my signature. Now working on my wife's application.

Let me know if you have questions.

Cheers,

Kenyadian!
That's strange - shouldn't you have signed it on day 1096, one day after the fulfillment of your physical presence?

taco

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
I have a question please

citezenchip application submitted march 14
application was sent to Mississauga office june 04 2014

this is a minor application which means no test or interview, only oath.
can any body advise what is the next step?

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
That's strange - shouldn't you have signed it on day 1096, one day after the fulfillment of your physical presence?
That's what I meant, I sent it right after I hit 1095.

dtnnn

Oct 5, 2013
Question -

I applied for my citizenship in January. There has been no communication from CIC as yet other than that they started processing my application in March. My PR card expires in early October. Currently CIC is taking over 120 days to process a PR card renewal. Should I apply for renewing my PR card or wait it out?? Would an application to renew my PR have any effect on the processing of my citizenship application???

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dtnnn said:
Question -

I applied for my citizenship in January. There has been no communication from CIC as yet other than that they started processing my application in March. My PR card expires in early October. Currently CIC is taking over 120 days to process a PR card renewal. Should I apply for renewing my PR card or wait it out?? Would an application to renew my PR have any effect on the processing of my citizenship application???
That depends on whether or not you are looking at leaving the country.

If you are, then you should. You can keep copies of your current PR card(front and back) and let them know, if and, when you have your citizenship test, that your PR card is being renewed. They would certainly be able to verify that in the system.

The PR card renewal does not have any effect on your citizenship test.

Cheers,

Kenyadian

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
dtnnn said:
Question -

Hello there,

I would suggest you start the renewal process for your PR card 6 months before its expiry. Timelines for processing vary (It was 120 days but recently went back to 40+).

Cheers.

dtnnn

Oct 5, 2013
kenyadian said:
That depends on whether or not you are looking at leaving the country.

If you are, then you should. You can keep copies of your current PR card(front and back) and let them know, if and, when you have your citizenship test, that your PR card is being renewed. They would certainly be able to verify that in the system.

The PR card renewal does not have any effect on your citizenship test.

Cheers,

Kenyadian
h3a3j6 said:
Hello there,

I would suggest you start the renewal process for your PR card 6 months before its expiry. Timelines for processing vary (It was 120 days but recently went back to 40+).

Cheers.
Thanks Kenyadian & h3a3j6,

Another question - While my PR renewal application is in process, can I still use my old PR card to enter Canada????

Paraf

Jun 10, 2014
Have submited application but have not yet received acknowledgment.

Can you get on ecas with original immigration info to check status?

I understand from other comments that the system gets updated relatively quickly.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
That might have been the reason for RQ i guess.