Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's see when they'll start drinking that coffee today then ;)
missmini said:
me too i don't look at the French version but i'm many hours ahead of Ontario time so when it was morning here it was again Feb 29th update; whoever in Ca was checking last night never saw March 7th; now it's back to March 7th but with the same mistake ::)

mightymuffin

Jan 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-01-2012
Anyone know what is going on, it seems like there no movement in CIC for last two weeks :-X

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
Here's hoping...they share updates on the site, soooon !!!
it's really frustrating to see, that they still processing applications, sent on 3rd Jan..:-(

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
!!! GOOD NEWS !!!

We called immigration this morning, 8 March 2012, and they say our sponsorship application is "IN PROCESS", that everything on our file is "normal" and that we will receive a sponsorship application decision within 2 weeks. They also confirmed they received our sponsorship application on 11 January 2012 and gave my husband his client ID. We are still unable to log into eCAS, but I assume that's because our file was opened after the web update on Tuesday. Maybe next week.

:)

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
-FIREFLY- said:
!!! GOOD NEWS !!!

We called immigration this morning, 8 March 2012, and they say our sponsorship application is "IN PROCESS", that everything on our file is "normal" and that we will receive a decision within 2 weeks. They also confirmed they received our application on 11 January 2012 and gave my husband his client ID. We are still unable to log into eCAS, but I assume that's because our file was opened after the web update on Tuesday. Maybe next week.

Congrats Firefly...You know what...the moment they gave your husband a client ID...it means your sponsorship for him is approved....Just wait for the official confirmation.

And every one else...I feel sorry for you guys for having to wait for so long to hear the good news...But its the way it is. My best wishes with you all...

I just got off the phone with CIC agent and I was told my RPRF fee has been encashed and they could actually see the details.

All I am left with is to wait for 3 - 4 weeks to hear the final good news...

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
-FIREFLY- said:
!!! GOOD NEWS !!!

We called immigration this morning, 8 March 2012, and they say our sponsorship application is "IN PROCESS", that everything on our file is "normal" and that we will receive a decision within 2 weeks. They also confirmed they received our application on 11 January 2012 and gave my husband his client ID. We are still unable to log into eCAS, but I assume that's because our file was opened after the web update on Tuesday. Maybe next week.

When you say you will receive a decision, do you mean that the sponsor will be approved or that the person being sponsored will get the spouse visa?

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
-FIREFLY- said:
!!! GOOD NEWS !!!

So no sponsorship approval letter? Did they tell you when the sponsor was approved at least?

Sydney is a fast visa office so no doubt you're application is moving quick.

Congratulation this is so awesome for you guys!

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Today it is a festive day in INDIA called "Holi" (Festival of Colours)

Coincidentally today is also another important day "International Women's Day"

So on this eve, on behalf of all the men out there I thank you all women out there who brought colors to our life. "Happy Women's Day" :)

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
-FIREFLY- said:
!!! GOOD NEWS !!!

Hmmmm, gud news for u atleast..I called them yesterday same old story working on Jan3rd application...Looks like it all depends on CIC call center people mood.

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
When I called the fist thing they asked was what date my application arrived. I said January 6th, and the conversation ended there. She wouldn't even look to see anything from it. Should I just tell them January 3rd??? I'm dying to know SOMETHING :)

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
Gemini1 said:
When I called the fist thing they asked was what date my application arrived. I said January 6th, and the conversation ended there. She wouldn't even look to see anything from it. Should I just tell them January 3rd??? I'm dying to know SOMETHING :)
Haha i gave them my old client id to look for the stauts. they said they haven't even open my application lol 8) 8) 8) 8)

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
30-12-2011 but e-mail received 06-02-2012
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
E-Cas shows Medical Received
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012 was In Process on March 19, 2012
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Congrats Firefly...You know what...the moment they gave your husband a client ID...it means your sponsorship for him is approved....Just wait for the official confirmation.

And every one else...I feel sorry for you guys for having to wait for so long to hear the good news...But its the way it is. My best wishes with you all...

I just got off the phone with CIC agent and I was told my RPRF fee has been encashed and they could actually see the details.

All I am left with is to wait for 3 - 4 weeks to hear the final good news...
Hi Srinivas...I'm glad to hear you got that update. You and I have basically the same timeline for ND give or take 2 or 3 days so hopefully I'm also looking at the same timeline for that good news.

Good luck to you and everyone else here!

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
ksunny said:
Hi Srinivas...I'm glad to hear you got that update. You and I have basically the same timeline for ND give or take 2 or 3 days so hopefully I'm also looking at the same timeline for that good news.

Good luck to you and everyone else here!
Thanks ksunny...

My wife's ecas doesn't even show medicals received. It just says Application Received. how good are chances that the application is processing well..

I was thinking she wouldn't get PPR until the medicals received status is updated. But then she got her PPR without the medicals recieved status on ecas...

I dont know whats happening with CIC

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Today it is a festive day in INDIA called "Holi" (Festival of Colours)

Coincidentally today is also another important day "International Women's Day"

So on this eve, on behalf of all the men out there I thank you all women out there who brought colors to our life. "Happy Women's Day" :)
I am touched by your post. Thank you. :)

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Hi srinivas.vadapalli :)
Thank you. I really hope you're right. What information are you basing this thought on?
I have been particularly concerned over this stage of the process because my husband was unexpectedly laid off his job 2 days after his sponsorship application was received by immigration. I realize there is no financial requirement for the sponsor, but it can't look good to them when they go to verify his employment only to discover he's not working there. :S
I have been excitedly following YOUR progress on the spreadsheet and checked back through all the New Delhi applicants since June 2011. I have a quiet bet with myself that you will have Principle Applicant approval on the 15th of March. What is your guess? :)

whizbee
We were told we would receive a decision about sponsorship in the next 2 weeks. I believe the next stage, for me, the principle applicant will take about 2 or 3 months. I am basing this off of the spreadsheets I've read for June11-January12 for Sydney applicants. The shortest time I've seen from sponsorship approval to principle applicant approval (passport returned) was 31 days for the Sydney office, while the Immigration website projects 7 months. So I think as long as there are no snags, the actual processing time for the Principle Applicant is much faster than Immigration projects. You are most fortunate as New Delhi appears to be one of the fastest processing offices around. I wouldn't be surprised if after sponsorship approval, you received Principle Applicant approval within 30 to 60 days, assuming there are no snags in your application.

Thank you alf+jlh :)
They did not tell us the sponsor was approved, only that we would receive a decision regarding sponsorship within 2 weeks. We were told the sponsor Client ID and that everything looked "normal"... I assume that means there were no notations stating a request of additional documents.

nanipanjakadi
When we have called in the past we've stated that we did not know the exact date the package was sent or received (a bit of a white lie) but would they please check to see if our application has been opened. Some agents are more agreeable than others to be sure. If they won't look up your sponsors name, don't try to reason with them, just call back and talk to a different agent. This has worked for us.