Passport Req..
October 30th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 14, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Tomorrow you'll hear something - I have a crystal ball. :p
Thanks! Unfortunately, that is a day too late :( I am in Bangkok right now for my wife's TRV interview, which is in 2 hours. They have basically already said it would be a good idea to have that sponsorship approval letter first.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
bp832 said:
Thanks! Unfortunately, that is a day too late :( I am in Bangkok right now for my wife's TRV interview, which is in 2 hours. They have basically already said it would be a good idea to have that sponsorship approval letter first.
That bites. I'm sorry.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
alf+jlh said:
I kind of have to trust that everyone will let me know when their status changes, and I can usually update ASAP. Hopefully I'm not missing anything, but t be sure, hopefully people Dont mind reviewing their line in the spreadsheet to ensure I have it right!

:)

My fingers are crossed that our file gets transferred...Seattle seems to be processing so much faster than buffalo! Fingers crossed.

Luckily I get to visit my husband again this weekend... I'm so excited. We're seeing a Rays baseball game Saturday night...but I could care less what we do just as long as I get to be with him... Once again these 52 hours together will be short but sweet!

I am lucky to be able to see my husband every day, but I miss Canada so much. It’s been 8 years now since I have lived there and I miss my friends and my family and I am sooooo ready to finally move there! We got married last year (September) thinking that right after that we could move to Canada (I was starting to miss it more than I ever had before early last year). What was I thinking?! But of course it should take months and months! Haha ???

Anyway, I am glad we are waiting out this process together, but I am so anxious to see everyone else now too. My long awaited return will be with my husband!
:D :D :D

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
Hello Everyone.

I received an email this noon from CIC - New Delhi, to submit my Passport. (Yes, its a PPR) :)

I m happy for that. Anyways, I m going on a vacation for 2 weeks to India. (19th April)

Now my concern is that, as I m working in UAE, I dont know for how long I will have to stay in India?? :(

I had send email and fax to New Delhi visa office on 5th April and faxed this morning (17th April) requesting to submit my passport in the end. (i.e. when they are ready to issue the visa)

Experts please advise.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hey there :) congrats on the passport requests, wish i would say congrats for more approvals ::) i read each and every page every few days i login, i have no updates though...i did read ur opinions abt gouv, policies, family things i agree a little with all....it's true that the notion of family in Canada is different than the notion of family in India, Arab countries, Eastern Europe, etc....but because the culture is different too....each see themselves as family oriented or not from their own culture, perspective and point of view....but this has nothing to do with immigration policies which i also think it's all abt politics...it has nothing to do with what the public feels or wants but the problem is also that the public really does not know much of how immigration works....which is the fault of the media and the way the gouverment is presenting (avoiding to present) things....also, yes they r majority but it does not mean that the majority of Canadians voted for them, they should change the voting way :( but now for this first step we have to deal with another issue: job cuts in CIC....of course it's not clear which department has how many cuts but looking at our timelines it's obvious that it has an impact

as for me, no i didn't call....it will give me more unecessary headache and despair....i'm still far from their presented date and so many in front got nothing either so it's no use....i would call if they passed our delivered date which i hope it won't b the case....all we can do is wait

Dr eng X and Amoss thanks for the thoughts :) Amoss, hmm, how i do it: well this period was not that hard to b busy, guests, Easter preparations, etc...but i did miss my family too much this Easter, and every Easter, Christmas i wish the next one we can both b in Canada finally!!! so i really understand what u said, sometimes i feel i'm getting crazy being so far, other days i'm just thankfull we r together in a not so bad place and i just wait patiently....our time will come too....well now that the Easter is over i need to find new projects ;)

hehe i see we r more who have their application received on Jan 31st, but looking at others, i have a feeling that CIC will one day say that our applications were actually received at the beginning of Feb ::)

good luck everyone!! stay sane and hopeful !! :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
fadil80 said:
Hello Everyone.

I received an email this noon from CIC - New Delhi, to submit my Passport. (Yes, its a PPR) :)

I m happy for that. Anyways, I m going on a vacation for 2 weeks to India. (19th April)

Now my concern is that, as I m working in UAE, I dont know for how long I will have to stay in India?? :(

I had send email and fax to New Delhi visa office on 5th April and faxed this morning (17th April) requesting to submit my passport in the end. (i.e. when they are ready to issue the visa)

Experts please advise.
wait a few days to see if they give u any reply but if not just submit as they ask; for that u will probably need to go back to India and resign ur job in UAE....it's not great i know but at least b happy they didn't send ur application to Abu-Dhabi which would have taken muuuuuuch much longer to process (it did happen before even if the requested office was somewhere else)....anyway just don't stay in UAE without ur passport (visa) and don't submit it by international post

bp832

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
AOR Received.
Never received...
File Transfer...
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
December 13, 2011
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
October 30th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 14, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
That bites. I'm sorry.
Hi canadiangirl78, I'm sooooooo sorry if I sounded snarky earlier! I read over what I wrote and realise it could have come across that way (didn't mean for it to). I am as frustrated by CIC as everyone else and was not looking forward to leaving my wife at the airport again. Past tense, because somehow she was accepted without the need for an interview! Now I don't care how long everything takes because I won't have to spend the time alone anymore.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
bp832 said:
Hi canadiangirl78, I'm sooooooo sorry if I sounded snarky earlier! I read over what I wrote and realise it could have come across that way (didn't mean for it to). I am as frustrated by CIC as everyone else and was not looking forward to leaving my wife at the airport again. Past tense, because somehow she was accepted without the need for an interview! Now I don't care how long everything takes because I won't have to spend the time alone anymore.
That is such great news for you!! One step in the right direction now all that is needed is the sponsorship approval and you'll be set for the week! Good luck with everything!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correct me if I am wrong, the budget cuts were approved very recently and unless they (the non confident government) implemented them before they were approved (not something this government can not do), we see those delays. In other words unless the budget cuts were implemented before approval then yes we have these delays. But does not that constitute another preach by the government. :mad: :(

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Dr Eng X said:
Correct me if I am wrong, the budget cuts were approved very recently and unless they (the non confident government) implemented them before they were approved (not something this government can not do), we see those delays. In other words unless the budget cuts were implemented before approval then yes we have these delays. But does not that constitute another preach by the government. :mad: :(
I'm tired of the conservative government!!!!! Can't we go with NDP which is the best of both worlds...now we all understand how STUPID it is to CUT CIC employees!!!!!! Now we are going to be in the 90's for sure this week bunch of imcompetents!! I'm so mad right now you have no idea I just want this to be over so my husband can go work and the stress not all be on my shoulders!!!!!!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Dr Eng X said:
that's true but they passed the budget 2-3 weeks ago no? (i'm so bad in remembering exact times nowadays) ::) i did read somewhere that staff received notices already: either that they might b fired, or that they might b moved to other department (maybe they were moved already)....in any way, it affects their productivity...and i'm sure there r other factors which we don't know....since a year ago when the timelines continously increased, they were probably moving the staff to other departments...::)
and since they have majority, they could have already started to implement this budget, they knew it would pass :(

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
JEFFandJANET said:
Often times the inability to log in to ECAS is because they are updating it :) Try again later. good luck
Thank you for your kind words! :)

ECAS shows this for me....

We received xxxxxxxxxxx's application for permanent residence on January 19, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

Does this mean that New Delhi has received my application? Who exactly has received my medical results?

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
Also, does anyone know what they run medical tests for?

After I got my medicals done, I found out that I had dormant malaria. That is, not full fledged malaria but just the p.vivax eggs present in my body. I got that cured now but I am worried they might reject my visa coz of it? :-[

JEFFandJANET

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Calgary Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2011
Doc's Request.
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
28-11-2011
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-02-2012 Passport Sent.: 16-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2012 DM on ECAS...: 19-04-2012
LANDED..........
13-06-2012
whizbee said:
Thank you for your kind words! :)

ECAS shows this for me....

We received xxxxxxxxxxx's application for permanent residence on January 19, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

Does this mean that New Delhi has received my application? Who exactly has received my medical results?

Medical results are normally sent directly from DOC to VO. So in your case New Delhi already has your medical results. Your next step is waiting for PPR. Good luck

JEFFandJANET

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Calgary Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2011
Doc's Request.
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
28-11-2011
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-02-2012 Passport Sent.: 16-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2012 DM on ECAS...: 19-04-2012
LANDED..........
13-06-2012
whizbee said:
Also, does anyone know what they run medical tests for?

After I got my medicals done, I found out that I had dormant malaria. That is, not full fledged malaria but just the p.vivax eggs present in my body. I got that cured now but I am worried they might reject my visa coz of it? :-[
I doubt that is a problem. My understanding is they try to avoid medical situations that have long term burden to the health care system. I wouldn't worry.