App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
amira_mais said:
Deficient and ocanadaguy, thank you, but that's the link for e-cas which works fine for me.

I was asking about e-cas tracker at https://ecas.carroll.org.uk, an application created by a former spousal applicant to automatically check e-cas and send him an email when there were status updates on his file. This negated the need to log in multiple times manually to check IF there had been updates. I know many people have used e-cas tracker and loved the convenience of it, but the site seems to be down in the last few weeks and I wondered if the admin no longer maintains it. Does anyone know?
HERE YOU CAN FIND A TRACKER.
YOU CAN HAVE A LOOK.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ecas-status-tracking-tool-t101609.0.html

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arezou said:
HERE YOU CAN FIND A TRACKER.
YOU CAN HAVE A LOOK.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ecas-status-tracking-tool-t101609.0.html
Interesting, looks like this person is creating a similar application to mathewc's e-cas tracker; but because it's new, he has some bugs to fix. Thanks for alerting me to this, Arezou. I'll follow his progress.

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
amira_mais said:
Fadil, just curious, have you been able to log on to e-cas?

On another note, regarding the PPR, the enquiry you've already sent (CSE) can entail a wait up to 30 days for a reply. Hope you get yours sooner.

But you can also contact Delhi directly through mail, email, phone or fax:

Address:
Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110 021, India

Telephone: 91 (11) 4178-2000

Fax: 91 (11) 4178-2020

E-mail Visas and Immigration: delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 08:30 - 16:45

Here's their website for future reference: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/offices-bureaux/new_delhi.aspx?lang=eng&view=d#address

I bookmarked it almost a year ago when my husband proposed and I began feverishly researching the spousal sponsorship process! :)
Thank you amira_mais.

Yes, I could see my details on e-cas.

I have sent an email to delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

I will try to fax them as well.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Any approval?? ??? ???
:mad: :mad: CIC :mad: :mad:

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
Yes Dr Eng X, the waiting could be very stressfull, but all that will have an end sooner or later...I am quite an champion for my VO which it should be 6 months of waitng but it turned out to be otherwise.

Be patient, your time will come!

Have faith, best of good luck!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
I think CIC doesnt care about families and other relations they are just looking for immigrants who can pay huge amount of taxes. if your spouse doesnt have good qualifications, work experience and high potential to find a good job in canada, CIC is going to give you very hard time. ??? ??? ???

This processing is very infuriating and can make people very depressed and hopeless.

Canadian government's policies are also based on their cultural ideas. They are lacking family values and Canadian culture devalues marriage and other important relationships. The idea is that marriage will only last a couple years, which is why their processing time is so long. They expect your relationship to end during processing time. They only need your processing fees and appeal fees after rejection. Immigration policies are designed to force separation on couples and families, while at the same time government is claiming to promote family unity. They seem to be trying to test people to see if their marriage can withstand the stress, tension, hardship and emotional and psychological struggle that the immigration process and separation creates. Parents and grandparents sponsorship is discontinued and CIC is creating the same problems in getting their tourist and super visas (saying they will not return to home country because of family in Canada). For tourist visas, they say you need to know someone (have friend or relative) in Canada, but it is actually the opposite. They reject tourist visas for the same reasons people apply with. If you have relatives (or spouse especially) in Canada, they will say you will not return and reject your application. When applying for tourist visa, they ask about your financial ability to support yourself. If you show less than $10 000, it is not enough, if you show more than that, it is too much (therefore you will not return after tourist visa expires).

Many people are forced to leave their spouses and children soon after marriage and waiting to see their family again. A couple needs to be together to support each other especially during this very difficult time (our lives depend on this application). Also, denying tourist visas to sincere people who just wish to see their spouse and children is unacceptable and punitive. Canadian culture is individualistic and they do not want you to bring your family (for example skilled workers have to immigrate alone). People are not getting married until 30-40 or not at all these days, and Canadian population is ageing. People are not having children any more!!!

I dont know what can we do about this, but we just want to stay together, despite CIC's expectations. We are Indian and do not believe in separation after marriage. We are trying our best to stay together. :)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashunandal said:
I think CIC doesnt care about families and other relations they are just looking for immigrants who can pay huge amount of taxes. if your spouse doesnt have good qualifications, work experience and high potential to find a good job in canada, CIC is going to give you very hard time. ??? ??? ???

This processing is very infuriating and can make people very depressed and hopeless.

Canadian government's policies are also based on their cultural ideas. They are lacking family values and Canadian culture devalues marriage and other important relationships. The idea is that marriage will only last a couple years, which is why their processing time is so long. They expect your relationship to end during processing time. They only need your processing fees and appeal fees after rejection. Immigration policies are designed to force separation on couples and families, while at the same time government is claiming to promote family unity. They seem to be trying to test people to see if their marriage can withstand the stress, tension, hardship and emotional and psychological struggle that the immigration process and separation creates. Parents and grandparents sponsorship is discontinued and CIC is creating the same problems in getting their tourist and super visas (saying they will not return to home country because of family in Canada). For tourist visas, they say you need to know someone (have friend or relative) in Canada, but it is actually the opposite. They reject tourist visas for the same reasons people apply with. If you have relatives (or spouse especially) in Canada, they will say you will not return and reject your application. When applying for tourist visa, they ask about your financial ability to support yourself. If you show less than $10 000, it is not enough, if you show more than that, it is too much (therefore you will not return after tourist visa expires).

Many people are forced to leave their spouses and children soon after marriage and waiting to see their family again. A couple needs to be together to support each other especially during this very difficult time (our lives depend on this application). Also, denying tourist visas to sincere people who just wish to see their spouse and children is unacceptable and punitive.

I dont know what can we do about this, but we just want to stay together, despite CIC's expectations. We are Indian and do not believe in separation after marriage. We are trying our best to stay together. :)
many points are valid.
The only few I kind of do not think they intentionally prolong the process, and I do not think for family re-union they check the qualification of sponsor's "family member-applicants"

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
ashunandal said:

Many people are forced to leave their spouses and children soon after marriage and waiting to see their family again. A couple needs to be together to support each other especially during this very difficult time (our lives depend on this application). Also, denying tourist visas to sincere people who just wish to see their spouse and children is unacceptable and punitive.

I don't think Canadian culture has anything to do with the government policies as it is all politics...The canadian culture is very welcoming and family oriented we have a year off for maternity or parental leave, health care, vacation time and the list goes on. We even have family day in certain provinces...many do not necessarily believe in the religious marriage and therefore make their own commitments to each other (hence common-law). And the canadian government does recognize common-law! It is up to two people if they want to make it work, and how to keep making it work it has nothing to do with culture. I have seen relationships that stay together for the sake of their kids and let me tell you it would be much more of a safe place for the kids if they seperated. It is better to be happy then miserable for the rest of your life..here we are allowed to make choices and not be judge by them.

aakulkarni

Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
hello everyone ,

i am stressed out . does cic make phone calls applicants just to checked ? my wife got call and they was just inquring info ,well she did answer correct but she got confused in some question . will that make diffrence in our case and we didnt even send passport yet, plzz suggest me

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
many points are valid.
The only few I kind of do not think they intentionally prolong the process, and I do not think for family re-union they check the qualification of sponsor's "family member-applicants"
It is ok if you do not agree, but it is the truth (they dont want you to know these things). It is mostly economic. They have no idea about family reunion or break up. They just care about immigrants working for their country and paying taxes.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
cgagnon said:
I don't think Canadian culture has anything to do with the government policies as it is all politics...The canadian culture is very welcoming and family oriented we have a year off for maternity or parental leave, health care, vacation time and the list goes on. We even have family day in certain provinces...many do not necessarily believe in the religious marriage and therefore make their own commitments to each other (hence common-law). And the canadian government does recognize common-law! It is up to two people if they want to make it work, and how to keep making it work it has nothing to do with culture. I have seen relationships that stay together for the sake of their kids and let me tell you it would be much more of a safe place for the kids if they seperated. It is better to be happy then miserable for the rest of your life..here we are allowed to make choices and not be judge by them.
hhahahhhaaa
That is exactly what the general public believes - that Canada is so friendly and welcoming and family oriented! They do not know whats going on and have no interest in knowing. I am a Canadian citizen by birth (living there for 21 years), and have been living in India for the last year and know very well what family means. The idea of family is different in India and Canada. In Canada, most people want to stay alone and focus too much on themselves. This is based on my personal experience, I am not talking about your culture specifically, as everyone and every family is different. There is just a general mentality that they have. We are moving back to Canada just because of weather, which is not good in India.

and dont forget - politicians are Canadian also! I posted that so CIC can correct their policies. Yes it is about politics because politicians spread Canadian ingrained cultural ideas. There is no change in their policies because of the general public's idea that everything is fine as it is - no need to change!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashunandal said:
It is ok if you do not agree, but it is the truth (they dont want you to know these things). It is mostly economic. They have no idea about family reunion or break up. They just care about immigrants working for their country and paying taxes.
I think it is the government but not the culture or people as cgagnon said...

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
who elected government? this is a democracy (at least its supposed to be!) and government cannot put anything in place without the consent of the general public.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
BTW i didnt say anything about people, i was talking about Government policies not individual, caganon is just telling about his/her culture. :)
and im glad that they have family day :)