+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Thanks ajay95 & boltz I appreciate the +1

zoya_99 I will add April 2015 in the next update for sure !

brunoc19

Mar 14, 2015
Waterloo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just think its very unbelievable that since Mar.24 when my application got processed, it is not even transferred to the local office yet. Like how efficient the cic agents are.

kenny4

Feb 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-2010
File Transfer...
01-11-2010
Med's Done....
10-08-2010
Passport Req..
02-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
Wife sent her application on Jan 27.
It was received on Feb 02.
Started processing application on Mar 19.
Transferred to the Citizenship Vancouver office on March 26.
Test date is now set for May 07.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenny4 said:
Congrats to your wife and family. Her timeline is incredible. Wishing her all the best.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brunoc19 said:
Just think its very unbelievable that since Mar.24 when my application got processed, it is not even transferred to the local office yet. Like how efficient the cic agents are.
Man, there are people who've been waiting longer than you have. Take it easy before your give yourself a hernia. Like most of us on this thread, it's anybody's guess why CIC is processing some applications faster than others. All I can tell you is have some level of patience even as we all know that the process itself could be a nightmare. You're allowed to vent though....if that helps. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
kenny4 said:
Do you get email or mail for test date?

brunoc19

Mar 14, 2015
Waterloo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IllaBee said:
Man, there are people who've been waiting longer than you have. Take it easy before your give yourself a hernia. Like most of us on this thread, it's anybody's guess why CIC is processing some applications faster than others. All I can tell you is have some level of patience even as we all know that the process itself could be a nightmare. You're allowed to vent though....if that helps. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Haha thanks man. I actually don't really check the online status. The last time i checked my cic was one month ago, and that why i got so shocked since nothing has ever changed lol. I actually asked my mom to check the mail box every week, and i kinda just don't care about this whole application thing any more. I almost feel like getting Canadian citizenship has not really any impact in my life at all because i mean we still have to live here as a PR.

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some information to read while we are waiting.
below is how the CIC process our application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E8

What happens next?

The citizenship process

The list below presents the phases of the citizenship process of a routine application. In some cases, processing may take longer.

Phase – Application Review & File Creation

The Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney makes sure your application
•meets the minimum processing requirements;
• includes all the required documents;
•that the appropriate fee payment has been made.

If your application is complete, processing starts.

What you receive:
•Acknowledgement of receipt
•The citizenship study guide (one study book per family) Note: The study guide is available in alternate formats including audio.

If your application does not meet the initial processing requirements, does not include the appropriate fee payment, or is not complete, it will be returned to you.

Phase – Decision
•The CPC sends your application to the CIC office nearest to your home for further processing.
•The CIC office completes the steps necessary for a citizenship officer or a citizenship judge to make a decision on your application.
•You will be asked to come to the CIC office for a review of the original documents you submitted in support of your application, as well as all passports and travel documents relevant to the four year period preceding your application. If applicable, you will be evaluated on your knowledge of English or French and on your knowledge of Canada’s history, geography, government, and the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.

What you receive:
•Notification to appear to take a citizenship test and/or
•Notification to appear for an interview with a citizenship official and/or
•Notification to appear for a hearing with a citizenship officer or a citizenship judge

Phase – Ceremony

If you meet all the requirements for citizenship, the CIC office notifies you by mail of the time and place of your citizenship ceremony.

What you receive:
•Notification to appear to take the oath of citizenship
•Certificate of Canadian Citizenship received at the ceremony after taking the oath of citizenship

vathan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
Called cic jist now to check my application status. He said its still in Sydney

rec jan-23
Aot mar -3

Waiting