+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gst8486 said:

This kind of confirms that applications are getting and going to get processed faster !
As much as I would like to believe so, I do not think that is the case until we start seeing progress on the Toronto applications. It doesn't make sense to be making progress on certain applicants and leaving out others. Don't get me wrong guys. Basically, what I mean is that I have yet to see enough evidence that suggests applications are moving at the speed we are hoping for.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Wow! Since someone from this group has already got a test date, I'm going to have to seriously think about how I'm going to get to Mississauga from way up here in the Soo. It would only be a matter of time before I get a letter, or any one of us, really.

Maybe I will fly. I'm 41 years old, and I've never even been on a plane.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[quote Maybe I will fly. I'm 41 years old, and I've never even been on a plane.
[/quote] really? Where are you from?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjh49783aa said:
My file has just been transferred to the Mississauga office as of the 25th of this month. I have updated the spreadsheet accordingly.
Why is your application getting processed faster than others? Did you apply for urgent processing?

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
CanV said:
Why is your application getting processed faster than others? Did you apply for urgent processing?
No. I didn't apply for urgent processing. I am at a loss as to why my application is moving along while others seem to be sitting around, just as I'm at a loss as to how AnaMaria already got a test date. I guess I'm getting caught up in the excitement, but for all I really know, I might not hear anything again for months.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjh49783aa said:
No. I didn't apply for urgent processing. I am at a loss as to why my application is moving along while others seem to be sitting around, just as I'm at a loss as to how AnaMaria already got a test date. I guess I'm getting caught up in the excitement, but for all I really know, I might not hear anything again for months.
You can't compare the processing times of 2 different local offices. I am comparing yours to applications in Mississauga or the GTA. Yours is way faster and I think it's because you do not have a local office close to your residential address. I don't know how those 2 factors are correlated though.

Michi08

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys! I checked my ecas yesterday and no updates so Im pretty sure its today.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga office on April 16, 2015. The Mississauga office will contact you.

Just wondering, Im from Toronto and they transfer my file to the Mississauga office? Hmmm, what ever the reason is, as long as it is moving. Cheers!

Goodluck for all of us.. ;)

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Well, that would make sense then as I was looking at the spreadsheet altogether, without taking the local CIC offices in consideration. Oops. :(

Speaking of that, I thought there was a local CIC office here, and as a matter of fact, my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I went there back in 2000 to inquire about the immigration process, as we were preparing to combine our affairs, and we wanted to be sure of doing the process the right way. I can only guess that they may have closed that office after that point, or else why would my file even go to Mississauga?

I would be okay with flying over there to take the test if needs be, but for the oath ceremony, I hope there are itinerant services here for that, as my wife has MS, and it's serious enough now that she shouldn't travel. I really want her to be with me when I get to take the oath, and I really don't know if that is going to happen or not. Lots of unanswered questions right now.

If you think my file is moving that quickly because I don't have a local office, then I would have to take your word for it. Personally, I don't see how that should make a difference, unless they also have to plan the logistics of travelling here so that I could take the test without leaving town. Your guess is as good as mine here.

CanV said:
You can't compare the processing times of 2 different local offices. I am comparing yours to applications in Mississauga or the GTA. Yours is way faster and I think it's because you do not have a local office close to your residential address. I don't know how those 2 factors are correlated though.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjh49783aa said:
Well, that would make sense then as I was looking at the spreadsheet altogether, without taking the local CIC offices in consideration. Oops. :(

Speaking of that, I thought there was a local CIC office here, and as a matter of fact, my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I went there back in 2000 to inquire about the immigration process, as we were preparing to combine our affairs, and we wanted to be sure of doing the process the right way. I can only guess that they may have closed that office after that point, or else why would my file even go to Mississauga?

I would be okay with flying over there to take the test if needs be, but for the oath ceremony, I hope there are itinerant services here for that, as my wife has MS, and it's serious enough now that she shouldn't travel. I really want her to be with me when I get to take the oath, and I really don't know if that is going to happen or not. Lots of unanswered questions right now.

If you think my file is moving that quickly because I don't have a local office, then I would have to take your word for it. Personally, I don't see how that should make a difference, unless they also have to plan the logistics of travelling here so that I could take the test without leaving town. Your guess is as good as mine here.
I dont think you will have to fly to Mississauga for test or oath as there are regional itinerant services across Canada. Refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contact_us/offices/itinerant.asp

Those offices do not process applications, thats why your application was transferred to Mississauga. They only conduct tests, interviews, and oaths.

I believe your application will end up there and therefore it took a different path than the rest of the GTA applications. I cant remember where you applied from, was it Sault Ste Marie? If it is then expect to be invited for test in May most likely. If not May then it's September (according to their scheduled services in your area). You will take the oath there as well.

Mirror77

Apr 19, 2015
Hi I am very new to this site, and I have one question. Any help will greatly be appreciated !

Mailed on Feb 20th, 2015,
Received on Feb 23rd, 2015.
AOR on March 17th, 2015
Started processing on March 31st, 2015,
Transferred to Vancouver office on April 13th, 2015.

Does anybody know as to how long would it take for the Vancouver office to process my Citizenship application? and what is the next step?

Thanks

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mirror77 said:
Hi I am very new to this site, and I have one question. Any help will greatly be appreciated !

Mailed on Feb 20th, 2015,
Received on Feb 23rd, 2015.
AOR on March 17th, 2015
Started processing on March 31st, 2015,
Transferred to Vancouver office on April 13th, 2015.

Does anybody know as to how long would it take for the Vancouver office to process my Citizenship application? and what is the next step?

Thanks
You probably should be posting in the Feb application thread below. You'll get an idea of your timeline there as well.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/feb-2015-citizenship-applicants-t268298.0.html

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hahahaha good news guys: Ecas status update below. not sure when it changed as I never check it everyday but I checked it tonight April 19th:

3.We started processing your application on April 16, 2015.

Please update the rest of the fields to change color in the spreadsheet. Thank you. Good luck to all January applicants...I told you just a few days ago that there's hope. ;) :D am cheesing:D :D

cybervjs

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally things start moving again for Jan Appli got in process on 17 Apr got web update today its slow but least moving

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 26, 2015.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 6, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 17, 2015.

kiwicanuck

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
18-03-2012
CONGRATULATIONS Michi08, IllaBee and cybervjs!!! It is GREAT to see some more of our Jan Applicant family moving forward!!! Here's hoping the rest of us join you soon!!

:D

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiwicanuck said:
CONGRATULATIONS Michi08, IllaBee and cybervjs!!! It is GREAT to see some more of our Jan Applicant family moving forward!!! Here's hoping the rest of us join you soon!!

:D
Thanks. Yes it's slow but at least there's some activity. I feel like we as January applicants are gonna be pleasantly surprised. I see good things coming around this summer for sure.
We keep watching. Good luck to the rest...hope you join the "in-process" line soon.