Jul 16, 2021
Guys i just spoke to the IRCC agent and these are the details i got:

VO: CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia
SVO: Ottawa

Info-sharing complete
criminality passed
eligibility not started
security not started

How much time do you think it would take now for the PPR to come your way?

nofearamk

Star Member
May 15, 2023
Well she said it can take a maximum of 8 months but only last two stages are left. Does anybody have any idea on how fast are these VO's? Only then i'll be able to estimate.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Well she said it can take a maximum of 8 months but only last two stages are left. Does anybody have any idea on how fast are these VO's? Only then i'll be able to estimate.
Security is usually the longest one and most unpredictable. It could take a few weeks to, in rare cases, years. Eligibility is started after security but that was the case 8 years ago so the process may have changed.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Security is usually the longest one and most unpredictable. It could take a few weeks to, in rare cases, years. Eligibility is started after security but that was the case 8 years ago so the process may have changed.
Eligibility can start before security. Security only takes longer when you are sent for security screening. Other than that 110 days is max it would take. There's another issue where they won't start your security at all, and that's what leads to a longer wait times with BGC in progress for way too long.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Eligibility can start before security. Security only takes longer when you are sent for security screening. Other than that 110 days is max it would take. There's another issue where they won't start your security at all, and that's what leads to a longer wait times with BGC in progress for way too long.
What if they are unable to conclude in 110 days? I know a few people waited 2 years.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
What if they are unable to conclude in 110 days? I know a few people waited 2 years.
That should happen very rarely. If anyone is in security for 2 years, they are likely in enhanced security screening which is for flagged applications(unfortunately being from certain countries can increase your likeliness to be sent for enhanced security screening too).

Damdem2

Oct 27, 2023
Hello Everyone, please kindly advise. I got an ITA in September and will soon submit my application. I have a valid resident visa in the UK till 2025 and in addition I applied for Humanitarian Protection in May 2023 due to threat to my life and that of my family in my home country. However, I'm not on any government support or benefit as I have a valid skilled worker visa and I am allowed to work. Please will this affect my PR application to Canada? I already explained my situation in the PR application under the statutory declaration, though I have not submitted. I just want to know if it will negatively affect my Federal Skilled Worker- PR application.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello Everyone, please kindly advise. I got an ITA in September and will soon submit my application. I have a valid resident visa in the UK till 2025 and in addition I applied for Humanitarian Protection in May 2023 due to threat to my life and that of my family in my home country. However, I'm not on any government support or benefit as I have a valid skilled worker visa and I am allowed to work. Please will this affect my PR application to Canada? I already explained my situation in the PR application under the statutory declaration, though I have not submitted. I just want to know if it will negatively affect my Federal Skilled Worker- PR application.
Create a separate post for it. This question needs more visibility and you need suggestions from senior members. Look into refugee part of the forum and find members who are knowledgeable. Tag them as the issue might be a little complex for the simplistic answers you'll receive here. Most of these members don't participate in {month} AOR threads either, so worth creating a new post and getting answers from them.

Damdem2

Oct 27, 2023
Thanks for your reply

Create a separate post for it. This question needs more visibility and you need suggestions from senior members. Look into refugee part of the forum and find members who are knowledgeable. Tag them as the issue might be a little complex for the simplistic answers you'll receive here. Most of these members don't participate in {month} AOR threads either, so worth creating a new post and getting answers from them.