+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA April 2016, please join here

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've had everything ready for my application since this Tuesday, but I have a friend who is an immigration consultant and I asked him to go through my documents to make sure everything is correct before submission, I'm meeting with him at 2:30pm today. I was invited under CEC, my document checklist was very small: Education (Degree, Diploma), Education Transcripts, Police Certificates, Passport, Digital Photo, Proof of Medical, and Employment Records, that's it.

Next step: Apply for BOWP!

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
GARJ said:
I've had everything ready for my application since this Tuesday, but I have a friend who is an immigration consultant and I asked him to go through my documents to make sure everything is correct before submission, I'm meeting with him at 2:30pm today. I was invited under CEC, my document checklist was very small: Education (Degree, Diploma), Education Transcripts, Police Certificates, Passport, Digital Photo, Proof of Medical, and Employment Records, that's it.

Next step: Apply for BOWP!
Awesome. My picture is smaller than 60KB so taking a new one tomorrow. I've finally figured out a way to deal with my large (bank statement). I should submit by Sunday, God-willing.

All the best.

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
GagamM said:
Oh wao thats great, I am waiting for my PCC from Canada and India, and i still have to do my medical. So i am thinking it will take me another week or two. i have also made my request for reference letters to my employer and just waiting to hear back from them. I am applying under CEC so i dont think i need POFs. Are you thinking of paying both fee (PR and RFPR) together or separately. ?
Nice. I'm paying them together. Two people in my home country have gone through in 30 and 37 days respectively so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. That being said I hope to be settling into Waterloo/Greater Ontario by September!

All the best everyone!

akash005

Apr 19, 2016
Toronto
Hi Guys.

I am newbie to the forum.Need a small help from the forum.

I received an ITA on April 6th draw but have not accepted it on CIC website. I am working in Banking Analytics domain(marketing analytics) for an MNC bank in India. Had some confusions with finding a relevant NOC code. Currently I have put the NOC code as 2171(Information systems analysts and consultant). My doubt is whether it is possible to change the NOC code after I accept the invitation.

Also if anyone working in Simiar domain(Analytics, Marketing analytics,etc) could help me whether 2171 is the correct NOC code for analytics jobs.(Considering the discussion thread is for ITA received,could anyone direct me to the link where I can ask the above question if this is not the proper discussion thread.)

Regards,
Akash (score 475)

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
akash005 said:
Also if anyone working in Simiar domain(Analytics, Marketing analytics,etc) could help me whether 2171 is the correct NOC code for analytics jobs.(Considering the discussion thread is for ITA received,could anyone direct me to the link where I can ask the above question if this is not the proper discussion thread.)

Regards,
Akash (score 475)
2171 is all right for Analytics. Just make sure your JD matches those keywords.

rajathbk

Apr 5, 2016
iphie28 said:
I understand that. But if I studied law in Canada would I need an ECA? The answer is No. So far WES equates every Law degree from outside Canada as a Bachelors degree. So what class of Law graduates did CIC intend to claim points for Bachelors of Law? Again I heard that WES' results for every other Bachelors degree (whether BA, Beng, Bsc etc) is Bachelor's degree (three or four years), that being said, I think it's left for CIC to know the area of specialization from what is provided in the WES report. If CIC says a Bachelors of Law is a professional degree, then I think that's where we fall, because in my country Law is an undergraduate course (llb) as opposed to Canada where it is largely a graduate course. Again, the same link you sent to me gave specific instructions for MBBS and Pharm degrees. It also states somewhere on the same page that your ECA results should match atleast one of the results on the page, meaning it could be more than one? Check it out and let me know what you think.
Also a Bachelors of Law is undeniably a Bachelors degree with Specialization in law.
Well I have sent an inquiry on the subject to CIC. Will let you know when a reply comes in. ;)
I think I can answer your question.
Graduates of law in any country outside of Canada are not allowed to register in bar in any state in Canada and therefore cannot practice before the courts. The foreign law graduates need to get the assessment done from National Committee on Accreditation(NCA) . As a graduate of law from Anglo Saxon country, in all probabilities your degree will be assessed equivalent to Canadian law degree by NCA, but with stipulation that you complete six law courses related to Canada (such as procedural code, constitution etc.). For this you can either enroll in classes which are approved by NCA or you can write exams conducted by NCA round the year.

Thus, due to above mentioned reasons, your law degree will be considered at best a Bachelors degree, because you will not be able to practice law in Canada unless you get your degree assessed by NCA and qualify the mandatory six subjects (other conditions may be there by NCA).

I hope this answers your concern and query. For more information on NCA assessment you can check NCA website (Google it - National Committee on Accreditation, Canada)

I would also recommend you to get your degree assessment process initiated while you are in your country , as it would be easier to sent transcripts from school to NCA directly. Furthermore, you can study the six compulsory subjects through distance learning also. So when you reach Canada your degree is recognized by NCA, or at least you spend less time to get it recognized by NCA.

Please let us know what CIC has responded to you.

All the best!

--
RV

ITA - 06.04.2016
CRS - 479

ablakitra

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Hi,

Any clue on how long "Review of Eligibility" lasts?

Application Submitted on ---- 14 April, 2016
AOR on ---- 14 April, 2016
Schedule 4 requested and provided ---- 15 April, 2016
Medicals passed on ---- 15 April, 2016
Review of Eligibility ---- IN PROGRESS (Since 15 April, 2016)
Background Check ---- Not Needed at this time.

Please help!

Thanks

akash005

Apr 19, 2016
Toronto
Thanks for your help.

I am filling the online application form(after continue application button). In the education section, it is already showing my last degree(Masters as per ECA received). Do i need to update the previous degrees as well. Or that is not required?

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can anyone please take a look at this thread and answer some of the questions i have while filling out address history/personal history

those history requirements are driving me nuts :(

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/address-history-vs-personal-history-t410454.0.html

larissavb

Apr 23, 2016
Hi everyone!
I'm so nervous and exited! Also very afraid I won't make everything on time.
My former employers are taking too long to make me a letter of reference, and I still need to get them translated!

Did anyone take the medical exam yet? Did the clinic ask for your UCI number?
Also, did anyone pay the fee yet? I didn't understand how it's done. Is it online?
And the checklist. I took one from the forms in the cic site, the one for FSW. Is that correct? Or am I supposed to receive a checklist?

Thank you and good luck to all! :D

rajathbk

Apr 5, 2016
Hi guys,

I have two queries,

First query, is that at the time of filling the Expression of Interest, my work experience detailed wrong dates by mistake. That is for my different position/designation at the same company, I have entered the same time-period.

for e.g.
1. From 01-01-09 to 01-01-13 --- Position A (or NOC 1) - Company A
2. From 01-01-09 to 01-01-13 --- Position B (or NOC 2) - Company A

Dates in red color above are wrongly entered. I will now have to correct and update these at the time of submitting the e-APR.

Second query is with regard to work details of my spouse. Being the main applicant myself, I am not claiming/getting any CRS/points for my spouse work-experience, therefore I entered work details for my spouse on the basis of her memory. But now at the time of filling personal form in the e-APR, we realized that there is change in that also.

Though the above changes doesn't cause my CRS to change(or drop) but I am a bit anxious as to how this changed will be seen by the Officials at CIC. Pls share your inputs. Thanks in advance.

Best, RV

akash005

Apr 19, 2016
Toronto
Hi guys,

Have a couple of doubts on filling of the Application form that comes after Continue Application button(I think its called e-APR).
Have a couple of doubts:-

1) Currently I have put 1 entry for my work experience for the current designationI am working in(I have been promoted once last September). However I think I need to put one entry for each designation (ie total 2 entries)rather than only one entry for the same company. Can I d that now?
2) Also in Education section I have put only 1 row, ie for my latest ECA certified education qualification(masters degree equivalent). Do I also need to create rows for bachelor's degree and before or that is not required.

My main worry is do I need to decline invitation in order to do the above minor modifications or it is ok to make small changes in the e-APR application.

Thanks in advance,
Akash