+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA April 2016, please join here

iphie28

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
I understand that. But if I studied law in Canada would I need an ECA? The answer is No. So far WES equates every Law degree from outside Canada as a Bachelors degree. So what class of Law graduates did CIC intend to claim points for Bachelors of Law? Again I heard that WES' results for every other Bachelors degree (whether BA, Beng, Bsc etc) is Bachelor's degree (three or four years), that being said, I think it's left for CIC to know the area of specialization from what is provided in the WES report. If CIC says a Bachelors of Law is a professional degree, then I think that's where we fall, because in my country Law is an undergraduate course (llb) as opposed to Canada where it is largely a graduate course. Again, the same link you sent to me gave specific instructions for MBBS and Pharm degrees. It also states somewhere on the same page that your ECA results should match atleast one of the results on the page, meaning it could be more than one? Check it out and let me know what you think.
Also a Bachelors of Law is undeniably a Bachelors degree with Specialization in law.
Well I have sent an inquiry on the subject to CIC. Will let you know when a reply comes in. ;)

christina_30

Apr 7, 2016
Can we edit passport number after clicking the Continue Application? My new passport will be released on April 18.

Thanks

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
iphie28 said:
I understand that. But if I studied law in Canada would I need an ECA? The answer is No. So far WES equates every Law degree from outside Canada as a Bachelors degree. So what class of Law graduates did CIC intend to claim points for Bachelors of Law? Again I heard that WES' results for every other Bachelors degree (whether BA, Beng, Bsc etc) is Bachelor's degree (three or four years), that being said, I think it's left for CIC to know the area of specialization from what is provided in the WES report. If CIC says a Bachelors of Law is a professional degree, then I think that's where we fall, because in my country Law is an undergraduate course (llb) as opposed to Canada where it is largely a graduate course. Again, the same link you sent to me gave specific instructions for MBBS and Pharm degrees. It also states somewhere on the same page that your ECA results should match atleast one of the results on the page, meaning it could be more than one? Check it out and let me know what you think.
Also a Bachelors of Law is undeniably a Bachelors degree with Specialization in law.
Well I have sent an inquiry on the subject to CIC. Will let you know when a reply comes in. ;)
LOL you are truly a lawyer ;D, let me know what CIC says. Good luck

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iphie28 said:
I understand your question now, you are curious as to what degrees get the equivalent of Bachelor of Law instead of Bachelor's Degree (Four Years) like we did. That I don't have the answer to, but my best guess would be countries with common law legal systems would have graduates who could get the equivalent of a Bachelor of Laws. Let us know what you find out.

iphie28

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
GARJ said:
I understand your question now, you are curious as to what degrees get the equivalent of Bachelor of Law instead of Bachelor's Degree (Four Years) like we did. That I don't have the answer to, but my best guess would be countries with common law legal systems would have graduates who could get the equivalent of a Bachelor of Laws. Let us know what you find out.
Well yeah...but my country is a common Law jurisdiction and WES included in its remarks that my degree represents the completion of 3years professional study in a common law jurisdiction. Was it the same on your ECA?
CIC got back to me with a generic reply. From WES' reply it can be said to be a Bachelors of Law but since it's not clear. I sent another mail requesting they tell me specifically what my degree was assessed as.
LizzyBob said:
LOL you are truly a lawyer ;D, let me know what CIC says. Good luck
Lol ;D

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
Hi i was completing my e-APR and in the work experience section they are asking for Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code).
I have been working at my current company since april 2014, as claims manager. But this Feb I got promoted to account manager. I have one year and 10 months of experience as claims manager. And couple of months as account manager but it is my current job. dont know which job i should use as primary occupation. Any suggestions?

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
Hi All

Has anyone from the April 6th draw submitted their e-APR yet?

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
papapsi said:
Hi All

Nah not yet, i have completed all the forms and today i am going to get one of my friends to double check everything and then submit it. how far along are you

Mar 24, 2016
Hello, everyone!

I've recently received my ITA but I've got a couple of doubts regarding proof of funds.

In order to demonstrate I own the needed funds requested, I'm selling my car to complete the amount in my bank account. For the purpose of meeting the application submission deadline, I'm considering selling it to a close relative (perhaps even one of my parents).

When explaining the origin of the sudden influx in my account, I imagine the minimum requirements would be the attachment of a copy of the wire transfer, which will contain basic information from the buyer (with whom I share the same surname). Should that be a problem? I mean, would that raise (unfounded) suspicion of the nature of the money - that it could be a loan, for instance? Do you think the car title with buyer's name should also be sent? I think a letter of explanation should be uploaded as well.

What other documents do you think I could use as proof of funds? Perhaps the warranty deed of a small flat I own (and which I won't be able to sell in due time)? My last tax return forms also mention the ownership of the flat. All of them should be translated into English by a certified translator, right?

Thanks in advance.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
angst-ridden applicant said:
Hello, everyone!

I've recently received my ITA but I've got a couple of doubts regarding proof of funds.

In order to demonstrate I own the needed funds requested, I'm selling my car to complete the amount in my bank account. For the purpose of meeting the application submission deadline, I'm considering selling it to a close relative (perhaps even one of my parents).

When explaining the origin of the sudden influx in my account, I imagine the minimum requirements would be the attachment of a copy of the wire transfer, which will contain basic information from the buyer (with whom I share the same surname). Should that be a problem? I mean, would that raise (unfounded) suspicion of the nature of the money - that it could be a loan, for instance? Do you think the car title with buyer's name should also be sent? I think a letter of explanation should be uploaded as well.

What other documents do you think I could use as proof of funds? Perhaps the warranty deed of a small flat I own (and which I won't be able to sell in due time)? My last tax return forms also mention the ownership of the flat. All of them should be translated into English by a certified translator, right?

Thanks in advance.
1. The proceeds of the car sale should be supported by the following
- Documents showing transfer of ownership.
- Proof of consideration received as wire transfer to your bank account (your bank account statement).
- Letter of Explanation
- Since you are saying that your parents would buy the car and in case you are unable to get the 1st document, you can think of executing a Gift Deed between you and your parents, which states that the amount of money transferred to your bank account is a gift from them for your migration and is not a loan. If it is a Gift Deed, then you do not have to declare that you sold your car.

2. The documents that you can use as POF are bank statements, recurring deposit statements, fixed deposit receipts and any other form of liquid savings. As per the POF requirement, the funds should be readily transferable and unencumbered, therefore, the warranty deed of the flat will not be considered under POF. However, if you are able to sell it in due time, then the proceeds from the sale can be considered as POF.

snorden88

Oct 15, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2016
LANDED..........
--/03/2017
papapsi said:
Hi All

Not yet getting my docs in place....

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
GagamM said:
Nah not yet, i have completed all the forms and today i am going to get one of my friends to double check everything and then submit it. how far along are you
All is in place except my digital picture and POF. I'm struggling to get the POF pdf small and readable enough. I'll look at it again tomorrow and try to get both that and the picture through by close of day.

All this being equal by Sunday at the latest I should have submitted and paid.

What's your prediction on how long it'll take?

Mar 24, 2016
Stanlee said:
1. The proceeds of the car sale should be supported by the following
- Documents showing transfer of ownership.
- Proof of consideration received as wire transfer to your bank account (your bank account statement).
- Letter of Explanation
- Since you are saying that your parents would buy the car and in case you are unable to get the 1st document, you can think of executing a Gift Deed between you and your parents, which states that the amount of money transferred to your bank account is a gift from them for your migration and is not a loan. If it is a Gift Deed, then you do not have to declare that you sold your car.

2. The documents that you can use as POF are bank statements, recurring deposit statements, fixed deposit receipts and any other form of liquid savings. As per the POF requirement, the funds should be readily transferable and unencumbered, therefore, the warranty deed of the flat will not be considered under POF. However, if you are able to sell it in due time, then the proceeds from the sale can be considered as POF.
Thank you so very much. This is great advice.

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
papapsi said:
All is in place except my digital picture and POF. I'm struggling to get the POF pdf small and readable enough. I'll look at it again tomorrow and try to get both that and the picture through by close of day.

All this being equal by Sunday at the latest I should have submitted and paid.

What's your prediction on how long it'll take?

Oh wao thats great, I am waiting for my PCC from Canada and India, and i still have to do my medical. So i am thinking it will take me another week or two. i have also made my request for reference letters to my employer and just waiting to hear back from them. I am applying under CEC so i dont think i need POFs. Are you thinking of paying both fee (PR and RFPR) together or separately. ?