+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there anyone going to Ottawa??? :)

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
@rashmi,

congrats can you share your profile i have also applied for the same course but haven't heard anything from them

dsarker

Mar 12, 2013
@ Rashmi,

I'm also going to Ottawa this Fall. I'm from Kolkata.

Have u started looking for accomodation ?

DIVYAZABI

Dec 3, 2012
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Chennai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-15, 2013
Passport Req..
July-16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July-17,2013
LANDED..........
Sep-09,2013
Can.ott said:
I have told you before Mayank:) it's m.eng engnrg mngmnt same for which u applied...in the offer letter it is written now I am very confused what to do,the actual tuition fee for two years is 7000+6500+7000...
I assume it should be the visa differential fees for the Intl students that was included in your total fees structure. Anyway you could check with the univ's website or with the program coordinator..

zuim2013

Apr 24, 2013
Hey guys,

MEng Engineering Management - Fall 2013. COUNT ME IN !! :)

Well, as I was going through this thread I could not help but notice the fee issue. I`m facing the same.

Details :

Offer letter : 37000$
Actual ( through UOttawa financial services ) : Approx 12500$ for 2 semesters ( Fall and Winter )
GIC requirement : 10000$
Funds to show in the bank sanction letter : NO IDEA !!

I had a word with the visa head of a consultancy and his suggestion was to show approximately 18-19 Lacs in the sanction letter ( i.e 33000$ ) and 10000$ for the GIC separately. He said that expenses for 1.5 years should be shown to be safe. Now as we all know that June 26th is the registration date and applying after registration would be pretty late. Any comments/suggestions ?

Also, when is the ideal time to apply for a visa ? roughly 90 days prior to the course start date ? and start date : 4th September right ?

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Though I have got the admission offer from Concordia University and UOttawa both and I m more inclined towards CONcordai because of its location and reputation both...Also another reason is that fee is not properly mentioned ...its 37k $ thats it.... it wuld not suffice to get the loan sanctioned because the breakdown of fee is not there properly

But I consulted with the staff in UOttawa and got this reply:

The tuition fees for the academic year 2013-2014 are going to be posted on the web mid-july 2013. We invite you to verify our web page at that time. If you need to estimate the amount you can verify the tuition fees for the year 2012/2013 and add around 4% increase.

I got revised offer letter on mail with the extra page of fees of 37k$ per year but i doubt whether it will be sufficient for loan purpose as there is no any separate living and tuition fee mentioned over there....

What we can do here is just pay the 13-15 k $ to the university which would get adjusted afterwards as per our course registration...

GIC is not at all mandatory for University applicants...jst showing loan sanction letter of 10k $ would suffice...

kathmandu

May 23, 2013
I need counseling regarding study visa procedure for the same university. I got admission with full international scholarship for PhD program at University of Ottawa. Now, I am collecting all the documents for visa procedure.
My only question is regarding financial status to be shown for the visa procedure. Since, I have got scholarship of 28000$/year; while the tuition fees for my program is around 18000$/year. This leave me around 9000$/year for my living expense. While, in the university acceptance letter; there is a mention of about 37000$/year can be needed for you regarding tuition fees, books, accomodation, transportation and others which I don't know why they have declared.
So, I believe that I have to show around 9000$ income status for me to apply for visa.
Right now, I am thinking that I will supply all the documents for visa as per guidelines. And, in the financial document, I will attached only the bank statement document of having 12000$ in my account financed by my father. Other things I will not supply to the visa officers in financial document.
Is it the right thinking of mine regarding only submission of bank statement of having 12000$ in financial status document. If other things are also needed. then, please let me know regarding it. Your help will be greatly satisfaction to me.
Please message me......

amanpreet005

May 22, 2013
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am Amanpreet Singh,
10th- 86%
12th- 71%
Btech-IT -77%
IELTS-7 bands
GRE-301.
Working in Accenture India Pvt Ltd since 6 months as JAVA programmer.
Lots of co curricular activities certificates

Admitted to University of Ottawa for Fall-13 Session

Applying for GIC and confused about university fee payment.. someone please help..

Jun 19, 2013
adhideb said:
I'm not paying the tuition fees... just show them that u've tuition fees+$10,000 in your account... it will do...

Contact the Finance department for the latest fees structure, even if you want they will send u an official document regarding that... They've sent me one...

If u've completed the medical examination before hand there won't be any unnecessary hiccups later on... it'll cost u arnd 3.5-4K but it won't delay ur processing....
Hi adhideb,

I am Bharath Murali and am from Chennai.

I got my admit for Masters in Engineering Management - University of Ottwa, Fall 2013 intake.

Could you please forward the email received from University of Ottawa - Finance Department regarding the Tuition fee for 2013-14. My mail id is barat.murali@gmail.com . I am applying for the Study permit by next week and the tuition fee document would be very useful for applying the visa.

Awaiting a favorable reply and Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks,
Bharath Murali

Jun 19, 2013
Hi Guys,

I am Bharath Murali and am from Chennai.

10th- 79%
12th- 89%
B.E-E.E.E -82%
IELTS- 6.5 bands

I got my admit for Masters in Engineering Management - University of Ottwa, Fall 2013 intake. Count me in....

Thanks,
Bharath

scorpio939

Sep 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO -> Manila VO
NOC Code......
1114:Other Financial Officers
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jun-2016
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2014
AOR Received.
13-JAN-2015
Med's Request
22-Jun-2016
Med's Done....
18-July-2016
Passport Req..
14-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2016
LANDED..........
13-APR-2017
Hello everyone,

I want to join uOttawa, for 'Master of Information Studies' Program, in Fall 2014.

The admission requirements include:

"Writing sample in French or English (minimum 800 words)"

Can anyone please advice me on what to submit?
As I've been working in a financial institution, it's not easy to provide a writing sample for me.
Any similar experience will be helpful.

Thanks in advance

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
scorpio939 said:
Hello everyone,

I want to join uOttawa, for 'Master of Information Studies' Program, in Fall 2014.

The admission requirements include:

"Writing sample in French or English (minimum 800 words)"

Can anyone please advice me on what to submit?
As I've been working in a financial institution, it's not easy to provide a writing sample for me.
Any similar experience will be helpful.

Thanks in advance
Have they given you any topic?
I think it is the statement of purpose that what you want to study,your background and future plan and why you choose u of ottawa.
Better consult with graduate department.