+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PGD worth it? Honest opinions?

Parv.s

Sep 3, 2020
This is a really interesting and eye opening thread.

What are you guy's thoughts about doing a PGD and then a master's? Would universities even consider a GPA and letters of recommendation from colleges such as Conestoga?
Maybe I can pitch in here, I am going from a tech PGD at Humber to UBC Vancouver Masters program of 1 year. I didn't take any LORs from Humber, but my undergrad helped! I had 81% in my undergrad (top 15 eng college in India) and international papers and solid resume. If you have that - go for it! UBC has some of the most amazing programs and an incredible brand value if I may say so.

shivamjolly

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Maybe I can pitch in here, I am going from a tech PGD at Humber to UBC Vancouver Masters program of 1 year. I didn't take any LORs from Humber, but my undergrad helped! I had 81% in my undergrad (top 15 eng college in India) and international papers and solid resume. If you have that - go for it! UBC has some of the most amazing programs and an incredible brand value if I may say so.
So, from Canada you talked to professors in India and got lors, correct? and is it not advisable to take lors from the institute where we do our pgd?

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
UofT is tier 1, its impossible to be jobless after you complete. Situation may improve by then.
what is the tier for colleges like mohawk , fanshaw , seneca ? do graduate certificates are valuable and do companies give preference to them while searching job?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
what is the tier for colleges like mohawk , fanshaw , seneca ? do graduate certificates are valuable and do companies give preference to them while searching job?
Don't think colleges come under tiers. They are based on reputation i.e Humber is most probably number one in Toronto and Seneca is considered to be good among colleges as well based on : employability, recognition, previous alumni records, transfer credit pathways, entrance percentage requirements, etc. Mohawk & Fanshaw are decent but are lower reputed compared to Humber.

Graduate certificates being valuable for employment is dependent on the overall profile as a lot of factors are involved such as : the field, labour market forecast and the general scope etc. other than just the certificate benchmark.

In the last three years, the average annual economic growth in Toronto accelerated to 3.7%, but is expected to slow down to 2.08% over the next five years up to 2022 or even beyond due to COVID-19.

Last edited: