Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Apr 2010
Hi All,

I am a s/w developer having 6 years of experience and i m living in Canada from last 18 months.
I have already sent my first set of PR application(under FSW category) to Sydney NS one month back .
Today i got IELTS score of 6.5 (L=6.0, R=5.5, S=7.0 W=7.0) , so i got total points in language category is 12.

So my question " is my IELTS score is eligible for PR?"

Why i am asking this question because somebody confused me as he is saying 5.5 in reading module is not sufficient and i need to give re-exam.

but i m not sure whether he is correct or not also i have checked the CIC official site and didn't find any clue.

So guys please please help me and let me know whether my IELTS 6.0 score is perfect for PR under FSW category.

Really appreciate your time!!!

Thanks!!!!!.

jits1000

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12April2009
Doc's Request.
10May2009
AOR Received.
10July2009
Med's Request
25May2010
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
27Aug 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14Sept 2010
LANDED..........
6Oct 2010
its good man u jus need 5.5 to eligible under skilled category

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No not good, if you need full points then you need:
L 7.5
R 6.5
W 6.5
S 6.5

if you get 67 points with your point 12 then its good for you, if you need to score with IELTS then you have to follow above bands which I mentioned here.
OMM

arashtdii

Jan 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO:Feb 2010 - CHC:May 2010
AOR Received.
1st: Mar 2010 | 2nd: Aug 2010
As long as you get 67 points, it is ok.

rag_sax

May 21, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Apr 2010
Thanks all for your prompt reply.So it seems i don't need to give IELTS again -:) .....

S

shibuya

With a overall band score of 5.5 u can get thru provided ur other points fetch u a qualifying 67 points.

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
landed 24-May2015, Decision made 22-2-2019. Next Oath
dear no problem if you are reaching on 76 points with your current score card then go ahead no issue 5.5 in any module.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi rag-sax,

I am just posting a message from Doorza who is a PR applicant. I believe that even if you get the qualifying pass mark of 67 and your IELTS results is not up to the mark, VO has the right to disqualify your application based on the requirement of your job.

Please read below:

email from london visa office what to i dont know big problem
« on: July 05, 2010, 09:06:24 am » Quote

Dear Mr.
I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for
immigration to Canada.

Section 82 of Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states concerning arranged employment:

"Ten points shall be awarded to a skilled worker for arranged employment in Canada in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management
Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix if they are able to perform and are likely to accept and carry out the
employment."

The occupation for which you have obtained an Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO) is that of Drafting Technologist/Draftsperson, identified in the
National Occupation Classification (NOC) by the code 2253. Among the duties and responsibilities identified by your prospective employer for the job
being offered to you are: "Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, develop and prepare design sketches,
complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets, check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data, write technical reports, prepare contracts and tender documents, prepare construction specifications, costs and material estimates."

English is identified on the AEO as the required language of your prospective employment. You have provided an IELTS test report form which indicates that you have moderate proficiency in English speaking and reading, and basic proficiency in English listening and writing. The job being offered to you requires you to be able to develop designs and drawings from other information as well as to complete documentation packages, write reports, and prepare contracts and cost and material estimates. Where it appears reasonable to expect that clear communication and understanding would be
necessary for efficient business operations, the ability to communicate in English at only a basic or moderate level appears to be a serious impediment
to your being able to perform the duties of the job offered to you in Canada.

As it appears that you may not have the English language proficiency which would enable you to carry out the possible employment in Canada, you
consequently do not appear to satisfy the conditions in Regulation 82 for obtaining points in the factor of arranged employment.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this assessment. You must provide any additional information
within sixty days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information
before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Sincerely,

EFL
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB/Londres W1K 4AB
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Telephone/Telephone 0207 2586600
Facsimile/Telecopieur 0207 2586506

Mitali

S

shibuya

Mitali,
Drooza overall band score is 5 points . If u get overall 5.5 points u r thru. See on trackitt.com forum many have sailed across just scoring overall 5.5 points. This is their minimum criteria. IF u score in all 4 speaking/listening/reading/ writing/ 5.5 u r thru. But if u score 5 in any u r a basic user and not moderate so chances of rejection becomes clear.

Drooza

Sep 9, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 Sep. 2009
Doc's Request.
17 Nov. 2009
AOR Received.
18 FEB. 2010
File Transfer...
17 Nov. 2009
Med's Request
20 March 2013
Med's Done....
09 April 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 July 2013
LANDED..........
sept 29 2013
but i dont think vo will be statisfy on 5.5 after this email from chc may be he is expacting from me more but i have seen so many people who got visa on just overall band 5.5 what do you think my all application as been accepted only this ielts problem if i score good in ielts this is sure that he will send me medical? plz read email what i understand he is expecting from me high score in all.

zakout76

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2009
DEAR SHIB,

JUST TO CLEAR SOMETHING ABOUT IELTS RESULT,

I CHKED ON LINE IN CIC WEBSITE NOTHING MENTION THAT U HAVE TO SCORE 5.5 TO ACCEPT YOUR APPLICATION

THEY MENTION CLEARLY ONCE U GET 67 POINTS THEN U ELIGBLE TO APPLY .
THANKS
MOHAMMAD

asif ghouri

Nov 2, 2009
Pakistan
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-10-2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
Decision Made 13-04-2012
if ur points r clear then go ahead don't worry. ur 12 points r sufficient.

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
There is something called "substituted evalucation" in which even if you have the 67 or more points, the visa officer can deny visa if he thinks that you will not de able to adapt economically in Canada. I suggest you ask the experts like Qorax, Leon, PMM, Maatias for advice on this. The officer has not refused application but is clearly asking you to give him something that will make him decide positively in you favor. I would enroll in english classes and send him proof of it, maybe that will help.

prince56k

Jun 2, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I got IELTS score of 6.0 (L=7.0, R=6.0, S=6.0 W=5.5). With this score mine total point is 68. My NOC is 0213 (IT)
Do u think that i need to retake IELTS? All are moderate level score .. no basic .. no high