+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is my agent telling the truth?

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
My CRS points will probably be 447, and very sadly, i have already hired an agent simply because I found the documentation/legalese somewhat overwhelming. (I didn't know about this forum back when i hired the agent).

Now my agent keeps reassuring me that I will get a provincial nomination(i doubt it - there are probably many thousands of applicants between 400-457, and only 5000 or so provincial nominations for ontario), but my question is, how do i even know if my profile has been correctly created ? My agent says that his company performs batch uploads for all their clients and thus any one client cannot log in and view his or her profile, as the agent has portal access.

The agent is promising me that he will upload my profile in the system tomorrow and share a job bank id with me at the same time, but is unable to offer any kind of proof of correct submission of my case, in particular, the provincial application. (I know it is just about checking a box to indicate willingness to reside in any province, but i need proof, like a screenshot at the bare minimum)

so, short of screenshots, how can i verify my agent's claims of accurate submission?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Thorxena said:
My CRS points will probably be 447, and very sadly, i have already hired an agent simply because I found the documentation/legalese somewhat overwhelming. (I didn't know about this forum back when i hired the agent).

Now my agent keeps reassuring me that I will get a provincial nomination(i doubt it - there are probably many thousands of applicants between 400-457, and only 5000 or so provincial nominations for ontario), but my question is, how do i even know if my profile has been correctly created ? - You will need to access your account to verify their claim and you have every right to access your account.

My agent says that his company performs batch uploads for all their clients and thus any one client cannot log in and view his or her profile, as the agent has portal access. - No there is nothing like batch upload or batch account creation, each account needs to be created individually. They are trying to hide something from you.

The agent is promising me that he will upload my profile in the system tomorrow and share a job bank id with me at the same time, but is unable to offer any kind of proof of correct submission of my case, in particular, the provincial application. (I know it is just about checking a box to indicate willingness to reside in any province, but i need proof, like a screenshot at the bare minimum) -

so, short of screenshots, how can i verify my agent's claims of accurate submission? You will need to access your account to verify their claim and you have every right to access your account.

You dont necessarily need the agent and face harrowing situation as mentioned above, you can cancel your contract with the agent and take control of your account. With your score, you are eligible to receive PT NOI from Ontario. Any questions you have, just post it here, the forum is more than willing to help you.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Thorxena said:

Now my agent keeps reassuring me that I will get a provincial nomination(i doubt it - there are probably many thousands of applicants between 400-457, and only 5000 or so provincial nominations for ontario), but my question is, how do i even know if my profile has been correctly created ? My agent says that his company performs batch uploads for all their clients and thus any one client cannot log in and view his or her profile, as the agent has portal access.
A: MCIIT(OINP) issues more than 5000 PNs as not all culminate to a successful Nominee. No you agent is probably lying as each candidate has an individual login for his/her EE profile. There is no such thing as batch upload.

The agent is promising me that he will upload my profile in the system tomorrow and share a job bank id with me at the same time, but is unable to offer any kind of proof of correct submission of my case, in particular, the provincial application. (I know it is just about checking a box to indicate willingness to reside in any province, but i need proof, like a screenshot at the bare minimum)
A: All page screenshots are possible once you login to an account.
so, short of screenshots, how can i verify my agent's claims of accurate submission?
Hiring an agent was your mistake. If possible correct it and terminate the contract and go solo. This forum is help enough.

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
hi Stanlee, thanks for the prompt reply.

When you say, I have to access my account, you are referring to the MyCiC account right?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Thorxena said:

When you say, I have to access my account, you are referring to the MyCiC account right?
Yes, he is referring to MyCIC

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
My friend created an EE profile Monday night and received an invitation from Ontario the day after (yesterday)!
So, it is highly likely that you receive OINP invitation. Creating a profile is easy as pie! And only takes 15 minutes or so if you have all required information!
Have you already paid him? Is there any way you could cancel it and do it yourself?!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Thorxena said:

Yes, MyCIC. Please ensure you terminate the contract with the agent and ensure the agent does not hold on to any of your documents. From his statement it is clear that your account has not been created.

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
Hi CanadaWeCome & Han,

Thanks for the prompt replies! you guys have really lifted my spirits!

I have a three-tier payment agreement, in which i have paid X upfront, Y becomes due when the file number is assigned and Z becomes due when the medical test is performed. Had i chosen to pay in lump sum upfront, my total cost would have been 65% of what i will end up paying eventually. X,Y, and Z are all equal.

65%(3X) = one-time upfront package. sorry if my algebra is giving anyone nightmares lol.

All that they have received to date from me is X.

I am pretty sure i can't terminate the contract unless i can prove genuine wrongdoing.

sadly, i am pretty much on the ceiling as far as points go - i will only lose points due to age, with time, and only learning french can help me boost my points.

PN2511

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2015
AOR Received.
5-11-2015
File Transfer...
3-12-2015
Passport Req..
18/4/2016
Thorxena said:
Hi Han,

I have a three-tier payment agreement, in which i have paid X upfront, Y becomes due when the file number is assigned and Z becomes due when the medical test is performed. Had i chosen to pay in lump sum upfront, my total cost would have been 65% of what i will end up paying eventually. X,Y, and Z are all equal.

65%(3X) = one-time upfront package. sorry if my algebra is giving anyone nightmares lol.

All that they have received to date from me is X.

I am pretty sure i can't terminate the contract unless i can prove genuine wrongdoing.

sadly, i am pretty much on the ceiling as far as points go - i will only lose points due to age, with time, and only learning french can help me boost my points.
You need to perform medicals upfront for express entry. It isn't a guarantee for the PR.. I would cut my losses and just do everything myself... People in this forum are very helpful and they reply even when you ahve stupidest possible questions..

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
PN2511 said:
You need to perform medicals upfront for express entry. It isn't a guarantee for the PR.. I would cut my losses and just do everything myself... People in this forum are very helpful and they reply even when you ahve stupidest possible questions..
I think he is on 447 and not 477.

But yes, if i were him i would cut my losses and terminate the contract.

Conveying false information as crap as 'batch uploads' for CIC is proof enough...me thinks.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
CanadaWeCome said:
I think he is on 447 and not 477.

But yes, if i were him i would cut my losses and terminate the contract.

Conveying false information as crap as 'batch uploads' for CIC is proof enough...me thinks.

This doesn't necessarily mean that he is not doing his job!

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
First of all, I am the number 1 fan of firing consultants - however, there is some reason to the batch upload. I have heard there could be a separate type of account for ICRC registered consultants, not sure how true it is, but your consultant probably has several clients he is dealing with and might schedule a time to do all applications.

Most contracts with these consultants can easily be terminated. I would still advise you to cut your losses and move on. You will find that the documentation isn't that overwhelming. You will still end up paying them more than you;ve already paid if you choose to continue with them.

Good luck

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Han said:
This doesn't necessarily mean that he is not doing his job!
May be...but by that time damage will be done.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thorxena said:
My agent says that his company performs batch uploads for all their clients and thus any one client cannot log in and view his or her profile, as the agent has portal access.

Thorxena said:
Thorxena, first of all your agent is full of **** about batch uploads and you should call him out on that. Does it specifically say anywhere in the contract that he is not obliged to give you access to your profile? If not, he must allow you to verify the accuracy of the submitted information. If he refuses, that alone, in my opinion is enough for you to terminate the contract.