+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is GMS a good company for Super Visa insurance with pre-existing?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi everyone,

I never done this and I am not really sure what is covered. When I ask the insurance companies questions like, "what if I get a cold?" they tell me that they can't say and someone has to call when they get the cold to see if they are covered. I understand they cover their a**** but this is all confusing.

I am reviewing GMS insurance right now and wondering if they are good and do payout with ease or not? anyone with experience?
I will be inviting my mom who is 55 and is stable.

Thanks,

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
torontob said:
Hi everyone,

I never done this and I am not really sure what is covered. When I ask the insurance companies questions like, "what if I get a cold?" they tell me that they can't say and someone has to call when they get the cold to see if they are covered. I understand they cover their a**** but this is all confusing.

I am reviewing GMS insurance right now and wondering if they are good and do payout with ease or not? anyone with experience?
I will be inviting my mom who is 55 and is stable.

Thanks,
If a person catches cold, he or she should be covered as it is a case of emergency as such person needs to see a doctor.

As for the GMS, they do cover such things, but they are all about pre-existing conditions coverage and moderate prices for such plans.

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
GMS is one of the most affordable on the market, especially for people with pre-exisiting conditions such as diabetes and blood pressure. If you would like to have more confidence in your coverage, you can go with bigger and more established companies, Manulife, TIC or 21st Century (underwritten by Manulife).

21st Century also offers Monthly Payment Plan for Super Visa, the only company on the market to do so.

You can find more information about the plan here:

<a href=http://arbetovinsurance.com/21st-century-visitors-medical-insurance/>Super Visa Monthly Plan</a>

Video tutorials are included as well for convenience.

bhiwani

Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reactivating this thread as I am also looking for GMS Insurance for my parents. Any more info on GMS? Did any of you had an experience in dealing with them with pre existing conditions?

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GMS is one of the best companies on the market and we actually work with all of them. Now when you mentioned pre-existing conditions, it's important to know that they won't cover any regular medication that the person is already taking or pay for ongoing treatment that's related to a pre-existing condition. What they cover is if some emergency happens that is in any way related to that condition, they would cover it (if it has been stable for 6 month before effective date.)For example if a person has high blood pressure and they have a heart attack in Canada.
We have had a really goo experience with GMS and them paying out claims so far.
You can check out their page here and if you have any specific questions, please send us a PM or an email to arbetov.office@gmail.com
Cheers!

Haitokin

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
Well, I hate to disagree....but....

unlike the above brokers, I think you'll find the best options (and better advice) at https://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/super-visa-insurance-bestquote-rates

The GMS plan is not the greatest coverage. Yes, sometimes it is the cheapest way to get a policy that covers 'stable pre-existing medical conditions'. BUT, they just went through a major price increase on march 1st 2015 - so unless you want to use a policy with a $1000 deductible, they will often not be the cheapest plan. That's #1.

#2: They have a long list of health issues that can mean that you are not eligible for coverage (in last 12 months) ((AIDS); terminal illness; atrial flutter; atrial/ventricular fibrillation; peripheral vascular disease; stroke/transient ischemic attack; blood clot(s); congestive heart failure; gastrointestinal bleeding; and/or kidney/liver failure; or
b. you have undergone renal dialysis, valve replacement or organ transplant;
c. you are awaiting further tests or medical treatment for heart disease;
d. you require insulin to treat diabetes and also take prescription medication for heart disease;
e. you have any medical condition necessitating the use of home oxygen;
f. you take oral steroids for a lung condition;
g. you have been diagnosed with metastatic cancer;
h. you are under active medical treatment for cancer;
i. have a vascular aneurysm that remains surgically untreated;
j. have experienced undiagnosed episodes of fainting or falling (syncope);
k. you have an Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD); or

#3 the benefit levels that they offer are less than those of other plans. For a policy that covers 'stable pre-existing medical conditions' the GMS plan is one of the lightest plans in regards to the benefits they offer.

#4 The coverage is only available within Canada, the US and Mexico. No side trips to other countries are covered.

#5 GMS is not available if the person is going to stay in (and use as their Canadian address) Quebec or NB.

#6 the GMS policy requires conditions to be stable for 180 days prior to the policy starting. Some other plans have a shorter stability period (120 days).

So, it's not as simple as these other brokers would have you believe. They give you an answer like "Hey, it's great, you can buy it here (link)." And that's it? If you want real advice, and a better selection of policies, go to https://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/parent-and-grandparent-super-visa-health-insurance

Whatever policies you can find on Arbetov's site, you can find at BestQuote too - but BestQuote has more policies to choose from, and won't just sell you a policy - they'll help you find the best choice.

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
GMS is one of the best companies on the market and we actually work with all of them. Now when you mentioned pre-existing conditions, it's important to know that they won't cover any regular medication that the person is already taking or pay for ongoing treatment that's related to a pre-existing condition. What they cover is if some emergency happens that is in any way related to that condition, they would cover it (if it has been stable for 6 month before effective date.)For example if a person has high blood pressure and they have a heart attack in Canada.
We have had a really goo experience with GMS and them paying out claims so far.
You can check out their page here and if you have any specific questions, please send us a PM or an email to arbetov.office@gmail.com
Cheers!
Hi,

We got procedural fairness letter for my dad’s kidney issues, dad is stable and improving, no dialysis and in next five years less than 50% chance that dialysis might be required My question here is can we buy insurance for 5 years and try to satisfy CIC that we have insurance in place of need for dialysis arise ever?

Please reply