+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC sends Medical request letter even though medical exam was completed

Pathamah52

Jun 16, 2022
Hi experts,

I hope everyone is good. My wife's sponsorship application was submitted on August 3rd, 2023, we submitted up front medical exam at that moment. We got AOR on October 5th and the medical was passed on the same day. it was also showing completed on the application status tracker and GC key with date. The background started processing the same day.

But today, we got the letter for medical (IMM 1017) - even though it was already passed . I called IRCC and talked to 2 agents, they told me to raise a webform and let it be. I could do the exam again because that seems like the faster way. My Main concern is, "if I give the medical exam again, will the processes start over again for background check?"

Please suggest, creating webform is faster or giving the medical again is faster?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi experts,

I hope everyone is good. My wife's sponsorship application was submitted on August 3rd, 2023, we submitted up front medical exam at that moment. We got AOR on October 5th and the medical was passed on the same day. it was also showing completed on the application status tracker and GC key with date. The background started processing the same day.

But today, we got the letter for medical (IMM 1017) - even though it was already passed . I called IRCC and talked to 2 agents, they told me to raise a webform and let it be. I could do the exam again because that seems like the faster way. My Main concern is, "if I give the medical exam again, will the processes start over again for background check?"

Please suggest, creating webform is faster or giving the medical again is faster?
Hey ,

What did you do ?

did you go for medical ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes I got the medical appointment on the same day. I did the medical.
You likely could have just sent the info by webform of your previous medical exam (if done just before applying).

But all, please note: IRCC tells you NOT to do the medical 'upfront', i.e. before applying. It does NOT make it faster to do so, and if anything, frequently causes this problem - because they TOLD you in the instructions not to do it.

Pathamah52

Jun 16, 2022
Thank you for the information. My spouse's medical was done at the time of my express entry application on march 2023 when I put my application and my spouse as non-accompanying. That's why when I submitted her application on august 2023 for pr I submitted the same medical because it was valid.

Reactions: armoured

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi experts,

Send in a webform highlighting that your spouse has already completed her medical and where and when. Upfront medicals are not part of the sponsorship program although technically allowed so the computer systems are set-up to request a medical not assume an upfront medical has been done. There is no need to redo your medical. One of the issues with upfront medicals is that you don’t have as much time to land or you may have to redo your medical because COPR coincides with 1 year past your medical.

Reactions: armoured