+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to Pre-arrival services

Montrl

Apr 25, 2018
I'm an Iranian graduate who applied for PR from inside Canada under the Quebec skilled worker program. My timeline is:

Application received by CIC March 22, 2017
Paid additional permanent residence fee Sep 15, 2017
Medical done in Dec 2017, passed
Invitation to prearrival services Feb 17, 2018
Still no PR as of today (Apr 25, 2018)

Application says it's still in background check. I'm interested in timelines to see how long this process takes, it's been more than 12 months in total.

Last edited:

SBT

Apr 26, 2018
I'm an Iranian graduate who applied for PR from inside Canada under the Quebec skilled worker program. My timeline is:

Application received by CIC March 22, 2017
Paid additional permanent residence fee Sep 15, 2017
Medical done in Dec 2017, passed
Invitation to prearrival services Feb 17, 2018
Still no PR as of today (Apr 25, 2018)

Application says it's still in background check. I'm interested in timelines to see how long this process takes, it's been more than 12 months in total.
I am also at the same boat as you. Received pre-arrival email on Jan 25th but no news after that. In fact it does not make so sense. Unfortunately, in many cases the background checks last long time maybe 1 year. The background checks almost starts after eligibility. Pre-arrival email means eligibility is passed. So , maybe the journey will continue for some time which is unknown. I hope not too long but for me starting the 15th month!. Nowadays people receive pre-arrival invitation even before medical. However,my time lines are somehow similar to you.
Application received by CIC Feb 23, 2017
Medical request:19 NOV 2017
medical passed: 5 DEC 2017
Pre-arrival: Jan 25th 2018.
waiting for PPR and DM

Last edited:

torontomm

Apr 25, 2018
I'm a Canadian citizen living in Toronto, sponsoring my wife living in Russia, this is my timeline:

1. I mailed out the application in the first week of Aug 2017 to CPC-Mississauga, received on Aug 10, 2017
2. Sept 25, 2017: message: ...We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor...
3. Sept 28, 2017: request Achedule A (IMM 5669), police certificate, medical exam
4. Oct 12, 2017: message: ...
to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence has been forwarded to the visa office in Warsaw for further processing....
5. Nov 15, 2017: AOR
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at this office on
20 October 2017. (this office => Warsaw, Poland)
6. Jan 30, 2018: request letter: ask for new Schedule A...your Personal history must be completed since your 18 birthday with no gaps.
7. April 24, 2018: invitation for pre-arrival services
8. May 1, 2018: PPR: ask to submit passport to Immigration Section of Moscow: ...The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost concluded...Please provide your passport or travel document...

As of May 1, 2018, cic online still shows "we are processing your background check"..."Your application is in progress...."

SBT

Apr 26, 2018
I'm a Canadian citizen living in Toronto, sponsoring my wife living in Russia, this is my timeline:

1. I mailed out the application in the first week of Aug 2017 to CPC-Mississauga, received on Aug 10, 2017
2. Sept 25, 2017: message: ...We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor...
3. Sept 28, 2017: request Achedule A (IMM 5669), police certificate, medical exam
to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence has been forwarded to the visa office in Warsaw for further processing....
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at this office on
6. Jan 30, 2018: request letter: ask for new Schedule A...your Personal history must be completed since your 18 birthday with no gaps.
8. May 1, 2018: PPR: ask to submit passport to Immigration Section of Moscow: ...The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost concluded...Please provide your passport or travel document...

As of May 1, 2018, cic online still shows "we are processing your background check"..."Your application is in progress...."
I am not so much aware of sponsorship timeline. I see many people stuck a long time in federal part of Quebec skilled worker immigration. However, it seems that your wife was lucky that did not went through the time consuming background screening. Congratulations! They do not change the sentence " Your application is processing" even after you got your passport returned with PR stamped in it !!!!!

Last edited:

ROCIO123

May 4, 2018
interview was ok. every thing was ok. they took my passport in interview day because i live far from embassy. and 1 week after interview i received pre arrival services letter. i was told in interview day that they need to do my background check but i dont know if its done now. i dont know how lond does it take this bgck.
hi mario! i just recived the pre -arrival latter .... wondering what kinda of question they ask you ? thanks

SBT

Apr 26, 2018
hi mario! i just recived the pre -arrival latter .... wondering what kinda of question they ask you ? thanks
Unfortunately, background check is a time-consuming process. Many people stuck in it for months. So pre-arrival does not show much progress. The most time-consuming part starts after it.

RogJ

May 10, 2018
My time line (spouse sponsorship) ->
Apply: sept 20, 2017
Medicals: Nov 19, 2017
Started processing application by embassy: Jan 28, 2018
Pre-arrival letter: May 2, 2018
DM: May 7, 2018

Offcourse we are very happy!,
Good luck to everybody who are in the proccess, be patient! It worht it!

Sqg

Apr 21, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
Hi all

In regards to pre arrival letter, my husband received a text message inviting him on one of the sessions but no letter or email. Is this normal?

Montrealya

May 12, 2018

My Wife lives in Russia and our visa office is Warsaw-Poland, and I am sponsoring her from Montreal as Quebec applicant,
My wife received her Pre-arrival letter in April 28, 2018, and Decision Made at the next day. but no action after that,
Anybody knows why we didn't get the passport request and what Decision Made mean? only the eligibility to get the PR but still background check?
Appreciate your sharing and advise.

Thanks

Montrealya

May 12, 2018
Anyone can help please?

My Wife lives in Russia and our visa office is Warsaw-Poland, and I am sponsoring her from Montreal as Quebec applicant,
My wife received her Pre-arrival letter in April 28, 2018, and Decision Made at the next day. but no action after that,
Anybody knows why we didn't get the passport request and what Decision Made mean? only the eligibility to get the PR but still background check?
Anyone has explanation?

Thanks

Mrdi-khsta

Apr 28, 2018
Hi every one
I have a question guys
Does pre arrival means eligibility passed? I have recieved pre arrival email about 2months ago but we contacted MP and she said eligibility is under reviewing so im confused if mp is worng or pre arrival doesn't mean eligibility is passed?!!