+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

interview with a judge after the exam

flybest1

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Hi,

I had my exam for Canadian citizenship on November 22, 2012. I called them today and they told me I am on a waiting list and that I have to see a judge and that it might take a while. What can be the reason to see the judge? Could I have failed my exam? I went through university, my English is good, I studied for the test. Anyone knows how long it will take to see the judge? will I receive a letter to tell me if I passed or failed the exam now that I have to see a judge? Any ideas?
Many thanks,

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flybest1 said:
Hi,

I had my exam for Canadian citizenship on November 22, 2012. I called them today and they told me I am on a waiting list and that I have to see a judge and that it might take a while. What can be the reason to see the judge? Could I have failed my exam? I went through university, my English is good, I studied for the test. Anyone knows how long it will take to see the judge? will I receive a letter to tell me if I passed or failed the exam now that I have to see a judge? Any ideas?
Many thanks,
Hi, what number did you call? Is it local or CIC call centre? Usually CIC call centre does not have access to citizenship test result. I took the test in December, called CIC call centre, agent at CIC asked me to wait to hear from the local office. At the test I was told to wait for four month to get the oath letter. In your case you need to wait like me. Hope you do not have to face judge, which takes more than six month. Best of luck.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flybest1 said:
Hi,

Many thanks,
You can order ATIP notes if you want to know your result, that's how i knew i passed the test, Cic was not telling me the results.

flybest1

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
where can I order ATIP notes? They told me I have to see a judge, but they didn't tell me the reason. I'm in Montreal. Do you know how long it might take to see a judge?
thank you!

mbk

Jan 17, 2013
Mississauga Glen Erin Center -- Me and my wife took the exam on 30th of Aug 2012. I called CIC today to find out the status and was told that there are no notes on my file and have no issues but my wife needs to see the judge and the wait time is 48 months. I just hope it wont take more than 6-8 months. !!!

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mbk said:
Mississauga Glen Erin Center -- Me and my wife took the exam on 30th of Aug 2012. I called CIC today to find out the status and was told that there are no notes on my file and have no issues but my wife needs to see the judge and the wait time is 48 months. I just hope it wont take more than 6-8 months. !!!
Hi, I took my test in last December. I was told at the test in Scarborough if anyone fails, it will take 8/12 month to face a judge. I am not sure how do you know that your wife failed the test?

mbk

Jan 17, 2013
I never said that she failed the test. All I am saying is that she was told that there are comments on her file that she needs to see the judge and that could take up to 48 months. When we took the exam we were also told that if in case you fail the test the wait time is 1 year before you see the judge. So I Am not sure if what is the correct time line ..is it one year or 48 months??

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mbk said:
I never said that she failed the test. All I am saying is that she was told that there are comments on her file that she needs to see the judge and that could take up to 48 months. When we took the exam we were also told that if in case you fail the test the wait time is 1 year before you see the judge. So I Am not sure if what is the correct time line ..is it one year or 48 months??
Hi, probably 8/12 month to see a judge. Everything should be okay. Best of luck. I am as like you waiting patiently. After the test my wife said she will pass the test. She was serious than me.

folksinger

Jan 18, 2013
yes its taking 8 to 12 months.
if you ask me for Glen erin its 8th months.
it may be faster it may be little bit more.

you know - anything can happens.
they are trying to speed up the process.
good luck.

flybest1

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
when I called them, why do say that ot takes 24 months from the exam to see a judge in Montreal? Any experiences? Comments from anyone?

thanks

amber1220

Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
03-07-2013
File Transfer...
10-22-2012
Passport Req..
05-07-2013
i got the same response today with cic that i will wait to see a judge in Scarborough within 24months :((

flybest1

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
they said they sent me a letter:
We sent you a letter on January 24, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us".
i am not sure what documents they need yet..waiting for the mail...any ideas?

Adorablle

May 26, 2013
hey Guys.
My boyfriend took the citizenship test @ Glen Erin office, Mississauga on 03/04/2013 Unfortunately he failed it, his sister passed. They found out the test results on the same day . He had 14 correct answers out of 20.
His sister got her passport within a month and something.
Now he is waiting for the interview with the judge. Does anybody now how is the interview and how long it takes to receive the letter for the interview? he was told that its within 6 months which I doubt. Any ideas?
Would be grateful for any info you have. Thanks!!!!

jellyace

Apr 28, 2013
took the test lasy May 3, 2013.. according to the personnel , if u failed the test, u will be schedule to see a judge and the waiting time is 12' 24 months