+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

interview in los angeles

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquakitty said:
It's in the letter he copied out in one of his posts.
Ug...I hate having to sort through other posts in other threads, by the same person, just to get the `whole' story. Thanks for the info.

That other post has this:

3. ORIGINAL police certificate or criminal clearance (within 12 months validity) from each country in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or over have resided six months or more since reaching the age of 18. If you reside in the U.S.A. you must provide both national FBI certificate and state certificate for each state in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18. For specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country.

Does the OP and/or the PA actually reside in The U.S. now? If not, I don't see why the NY PCC is needed.

baccs

Apr 1, 2015
Oh i dont need to get a NY state rap sheet? Only the fbi is needed? Because on the letter it states that my wife needs to get a fbi and also any states she has resided in for more than 6 months since the age of 18... she has been in NY for more then 6 months after the age of 18 so i thought i need to get the fbi and ny state rap sheet.

But is it possible for her to get her fbi and ny state rap sheet while she is in Canada right now? And would any of you guys know how she can obtain those from Canada?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
baccs said:
Oh i dont need to get a NY state rap sheet? Only the fbi is needed? Because on the letter it states that my wife needs to get a fbi and also any states she has resided in for more than 6 months since the age of 18... she has been in NY for more then 6 months after the age of 18 so i thought i need to get the fbi and ny state rap sheet.

But is it possible for her to get her fbi and ny state rap sheet while she is in Canada right now? And would any of you guys know how she can obtain those from Canada?
As Ponga said, if she's residing in Canada currently she shouldn't need a state certificate at all.

The FBI PCC is obtained by mailing them her fingerprints and the payment, same as the way you do it in the US (credit card or international money order). If she's residing in Canada currently, and she hasn't lived in the US for more than 6 months since the last PCC was issued, her old FBI cert is still good (the one I assume you sent to CIC with her application). So I don't see why you'd need it either. If you can't get it in time for the interview, there is no point.... just get a channeler version. They won't deny her a PR over this, at worst they'd just request it before issuing the COPR.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If the letter they received specifically asked for her New York police certificate, they should try to get it. The visa officer can ask for things that would not normally be required.

And please, at the interview, she should not refer to these certificates as 'rap sheets',

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
canadianwoman said:
And please, at the interview, she should not refer to these certificates as 'rap sheets',
hahaha! true that!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
canadianwoman said:
If the letter they received specifically asked for her New York police certificate, they should try to get it. The visa officer can ask for things that would not normally be required.

Well the letter is worded "if currently residing in the US". So it's not very straightforward.

The US PCC takes a ridiculous amount of time to get. Hopefully the NY one is quicker:

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/ojis/recordreview.htm#recordreviewfeebasedoutsideny

Both require fingerprints.

If I were the OP, I'd send in for the FBI PCC and the NY PCC (just to be on the safe side), and get a channeler version of the FBI PCC if your interview date is sooner.