+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview at Detroit Consulate

mpp2009

Sep 1, 2009
I have been called for interview at Detroit but I have not received the letter yet. Came to know thru e-mail inquiry.

Will the interview date show online on e-case or do I have to first confirm my attendance after receiving the interview letter.
Also, will that letter have a list of documents to bring to the interview.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Mpp2009,
Yes a letter will be sent to you indicating the documents you should take along with you.

I would like to ask you a question. Did you inquire before or after the date mention in You AOR? . You answer will try to guide me so that i can know when to inquire information from the visa office.

Waiting

anadaforall.

mpp2009

Sep 1, 2009
Hi,

I inquired well after the AOR. I had applied in Apr 2008, did medicals & RPRF in Mar/Apr 2009 & then there was some problem. So I started inquiring them sometime in July 2009.
Hope that helps.

Anyway, back to my original question. Does the Interview date show on the online e-case thing?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
mpp2009 said:
Hi,

I inquired well after the AOR. I had applied in Apr 2008, did medicals & RPRF in Mar/Apr 2009 & then there was some problem. So I started inquiring them sometime in July 2009.
Hope that helps.

Anyway, back to my original question. Does the Interview date show on the online e-case thing?
Interview date and the rest of the information on what to bring to the interview will be on the letter that you are waiting for and not on Online eCas.

You said there was a problem, what was it? Can you shed some light on it? Since you have done your medicals long time ago, which means your interview was waived at first and then they call again and why or at least why you think they want to interview you?

Thanks,

mpp2009

Sep 1, 2009
Hi,

The problem is with regards my work experience in my home country. I had submitted only reference letters since I stopped working there 4 years ago. The consulate asked for "further evidence". So I sent a new set of reference letters. Now they want to interview me.
My problem is I don't have any payslips as I used to get cheque payment & my tax returns don't show the employers name on it, just the income amount.

I have a question for all those who have been interviewed before (& seniors)..........

Is the visa-officer satisfied with verbal answers or does he ask for supporting documents for all the things he "hears". I just have my tax returns(with no employer name) & reference letters.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Get ready for as much documents/proof as you can to satisfy the visa officer, he/she just wanted to know if you really worked because of lack of documentation support.

Most of the time, if you are telling the truth, you will be given PPR.